The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 06-13-2007, 07:29 PM
anag's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami, FL, United States
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco
No I think he is next after Caroline. Then comes Pierre and then Chalotte, Alexandra, Stephanie, Louis, Pauline. I'm not quite sure about Camille, I think she isn't in the line because her father wasn't married with Stephanie . . . . I think it's the same system in Great Britain.
I don't believe that Stephanie was married when she had Louis (so he wasn't in line), but then she later married Daniel and then Louis became legitimate.

Ani
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 06-14-2007, 04:46 AM
coco's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: . . ., Germany
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by anag
I don't believe that Stephanie was married when she had Louis (so he wasn't in line), but then she later married Daniel and then Louis became legitimate.

Ani
oh, you're right, she married Daniel later. But that means that if she married Camille's father, Camille would become legitimate . . . that's strange.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 06-14-2007, 09:40 AM
anag's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami, FL, United States
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco
oh, you're right, she married Daniel later. But that means that if she married Camille's father, Camille would become legitimate . . . that's strange.
I know, I thought it was strange too. But he is 7th in line despite his illegitimacy at birth. I don't know, it was probably a clause in the old constitution (which allowed illegitimate children to take the throne), but then Prince Rainier changed it in 2003 (I believe to prevent Alex, and I guess Jazmin, from ruling).

Ani
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 06-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
I've just seen the tv show about the Principality Albert and Stephanie took part in at the beginning of June, and talking about the Casiraghi Albert said they are studying abroad, one in Milan, one in Paris and one in New York, human studies, law and economy, and he added "ils se prepairent", they are training, getting ready...I don't know if he meant for ruling, but it certainly sounded like that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 06-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
I've just seen the tv show about the Principality Albert and Stephanie took part in at the beginning of June, and talking about the Casiraghi Albert said they are studying abroad, one in Milan, one in Paris and one in New York, human studies, law and economy, and he added "ils se prepairent", they are training, getting ready...I don't know if he meant for ruling, but it certainly sounded like that.
Hi Grace can you recall his phrasing before and after your quote as Albert can be very clever with his words and imply things that aren't necessarily there. If he said they are in training it would be great if you can recall what he said immediately after that because it might be there that you find his true meaning. It could be true and perhaps the reason why Caroline was not there, so she would not have to answer questions like that. I am just guessing of course. But if you can recall anything it would help us in the interpretation. Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 06-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
Steph was talking about his kids and how she did her best to shed them from the spotlight, so Albert added Caroline is a great mom as well; the interviewer asked about her kids and whether it was true they study abroad and Albert said what we already know: Andrea in NY, Pierre in Milan and Char in Paris, then added they study humanistic studies, law and economics (without specifying who takes which subject, but they are all very close to "government studies" if you know what I mean; not like archtecture or engeneering), and closed saying that phrase "Ils se prepairent" without specifying for what: for life, for their future jobs? I found it a little ambiguous, even if he probably meant nothing by it, but I got the impression he meant for Monaco, in whatever capacity...I think after that phrase they changed subject.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 06-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Steph was talking about his kids and how she did her best to shed them from the spotlight, so Albert added Caroline is a great mom as well; the interviewer asked about her kids and whether it was true they study abroad and Albert said what we already know: Andrea in NY, Pierre in Milan and Char in Paris, then added they study humanistic studies, law and economics (without specifying who takes which subject, but they are all very close to "government studies" if you know what I mean; not like archtecture or engeneering), and closed saying that phrase "Ils se prepairent" without specifying for what: for life, for their future jobs? I found it a little ambiguous, even if he probably meant nothing by it, but I got the impression he meant for Monaco, in whatever capacity...I think after that phrase they changed subject.
Thanks Grace, That's typical of Albert to give a vague answer. He may have ment for the good of Monaco but not necessarily in preparation to take the throne. His cousins Melanie deMassey (sp) is already employed in Monaco I can't remember exactly in what capacity. Paca would probably be able to tell us. So I think he just ment to help Monaco.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 06-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 197
succession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
Little Alexandre is just 3 y.o. and there are already so many great plans for him. Maybe we should let him finish preschool first.
Agreed Lakshmi. And perhaps Prince Albert does have plans for Alexandre, as was said once, in some capacity when he becomes a teenager.

IMHO, it would really really be stretching it to think that child as adult would ever come into power there. There are so many others and, maybe with some possible other royal fathers of their out of wedlock children might consider changing or whatever. But for this royalty regarding that child, not likely. There's so much bad feelings, etch connected to and with him.

We can always hope time will clear that up-but hope is just that-hope.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 07-04-2007, 01:30 PM
kimebear's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Albany, United States
Posts: 1,382
HSH vs HRH

Does anyone know if it is intended that if HRH Princess Caroline ascends the throne after Albert, would her children be styled with her courtesy HRH or would they retain the legitimate HSH? I believe this was the way the Luxembourg royals elevated themselves from HSH to HRH.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 07-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Does anyone know if it is intended that if HRH Princess Caroline ascends the throne after Albert, would her children be styled with her courtesy HRH or would they retain the legitimate HSH? I believe this was the way the Luxembourg royals elevated themselves from HSH to HRH.
I would guess they would be HSH. Her HRH is only thru Ernst. Her older children wouldn't be in line for that, only Alexandra would.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #331  
Old 07-05-2007, 03:11 PM
kimebear's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Albany, United States
Posts: 1,382
Well yes the HRH comes from Ernst, but when, and if, Caroline ascends, she will be an HRH. I think that technically, as a Sovereign Princess, she could make an argument for the princely house of Grimaldi to be royal (like her) instead of serene since her children will take their titles from her upon her ascension. My question is whether or not it matters that her HRH is a courtesy and not a legal style.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 04-25-2008, 05:57 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 113
Monegasque Princely Throne Succession

The Prince of Hanover is no longer in the line of succession or something but his daughter born between him and the princess Caroline is in the line of succession to our throne because she was not baptised by the rite of the Roman Catholic Church but that of the Lutheran Church (obviously anybody who becames the English monarch must be confirmed by a valid bishop who is of the Anglican Order for the Church of England does not accept the confirmation done by the Lutheran bishops, so I understand). Am I correct ?

Then, if the Princess of Hanover becomes the Sovereign Princess of Monaco and, God forbids this but if her older children somehow died before her or decided not to succeed the Princely throne of Monaco, then, does this little princess who is of Hanover at the moment have to be received in by the Roman Catholic Church in order to become the Sovereign Princess of Monaco after her mother ?

Anyway, then, for some reason, this little princess in Monaco becomes the closest person at that time to inherit the English throne, then, what will happen ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 04-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Anyone who is not a Roman Catholic or marrying a Roman Catholic, and who was born of a recognized marriage, can and are in the very long list of potential successors to the British throne. That is why Princess Alexandra is in line after her older half brothers to the British throne, and her father is not. It is also the reason Peter Phillips will loose his place in the succession when he marries.

I'm not sure if the Monagasque constitution actually requires the sovereign prince to be RC, although it would likely be expected since the population is Catholic and the Grimaldi are a RC dynasty.

For Alexandra to succeed to first the Monagasque throne and then later to the British throne would require an almost global disaster as the line of succession is very long and the potential heirs live around the world.The Hannovers are not really very near the top. The little princess need not worry about changing her faith. The Norwegian royals are the first foreign family in line at the moment.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 05-22-2008, 03:36 PM
randomlyKeira's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London and New York, United Kingdom
Posts: 381
I was wondering what anyone thought of Pierre as possible future Sovreign Prince?

I may be paranoid, but I feel like Andrea takes it a lot less seriously than Pierre would (and does at this point), and that it appears like Albert is "grooming" Pierre more than Andrea. I know that Andrea would be first of his siblings in line to the throne, but (as we saw with Princess Charlotte) that isn't the kind of deterant that it is in other contries afraid of revolution. I mean, it seems as if Andrea has been missing from a lot of official functions lately, and that Pierre seems to tag along to Albert a lot (possibly because he is the only father he has only known though), and Albert and Caroline seem to give him a few responsibilities that I've never seen them give to Andrea... Please correct me if I am way off base...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 05-22-2008, 06:18 PM
oxygen's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 338
I see exactly what you're getting at, randomlyKeira.

Pierre is able to active because Milan isn't all that far from Monaco (even though Andrea could fly over if he truly wanted to). That, and he seems to more interested in the events than his older brother despite the fact that Andrea should be more visible than him.

It seems that Andrea does not want the resposiblity that may fall on his shoulders depending on which way Albert swings. And by "swings", I mean his decisions. We all know that if Albert has a legitimite son, the Casiraghis (and little Hanover) are knocked out of succesion. We also all know that if Albert should decide to not have anymore children for whatever reason, Andrea will be unceremoniously thrust into the spotlight even more so as the apparent heir after Caroline. He should be stepping up more than the little that he has been doing lately. Pierre looks to be picking up his slack and keeping his own image relatively clean making him be seen as a more favorable candidate as the future Prince of Monaco.

At the same time, Andrea today can be drastically different from Andrea tomorrow and only time will tell. Right now, we're just jumping to conclusions but hey, they're good conclusions! Discussion is good.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 05-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
I see exactly what you're getting at, randomlyKeira.

Pierre is able to active because Milan isn't all that far from Monaco (even though Andrea could fly over if he truly wanted to). That, and he seems to more interested in the events than his older brother despite the fact that Andrea should be more visible than him.

It seems that Andrea does not want the resposiblity that may fall on his shoulders depending on which way Albert swings. And by "swings", I mean his decisions. We all know that if Albert has a legitimite son, the Casiraghis (and little Hanover) are knocked out of succesion. We also all know that if Albert should decide to not have anymore children for whatever reason, Andrea will be unceremoniously thrust into the spotlight even more so as the apparent heir after Caroline. He should be stepping up more than the little that he has been doing lately. Pierre looks to be picking up his slack and keeping his own image relatively clean making him be seen as a more favorable candidate as the future Prince of Monaco.

At the same time, Andrea today can be drastically different from Andrea tomorrow and only time will tell. Right now, we're just jumping to conclusions but hey, they're good conclusions! Discussion is good.
Albert would need to have a legitimate child not necessarily a son.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 05-22-2008, 08:55 PM
oxygen's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 338
^ My mistake.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 05-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Thousand Islands, Canada
Posts: 123
P-Albert can change the rules of succession just like his father did, non? If he really wished later on could not his son or daughter could have the seat or is this rule unchangeable about "legitimacy"?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 05-23-2008, 06:46 PM
randomlyKeira's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London and New York, United Kingdom
Posts: 381
It is possible, but probably unlikely. One of the biggest things that Albert promised upon succession was to uphold his fathers morals, and carry on what his father had done in the country, so it would be very contradictory to change a law that he made, wouldn't it?

IMHO I feel that Albert will never get married. I think he feels that Caroline and the Casiraghi's will be great for the country, and that they would make great Princes/ses. I think that the Casiraghi kids have in a way been raised to one day possibly run the country if it came to it, and after all of that Abert might not want to jepordize it by having a legitimate child that might not love the country the way he does, and the way that Caroline and the Casiraghi's do... again only opinions...

But I think that Pierre seems to take it more seriously and that he is closer to Albert and to Monaco than Andrea or Charlotte... And I think that Pierre gets a bit of a bum rap for being sort of a "play boy", but I think he's really a smart and good guy...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 06-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 173
You can’t skip over an older child, in the line of succession, merely because you feel that a younger son/daughter would do a better job. If that were, the case, the current Queen of England’s father would never have been King (another brother would have succeeded instead). It is a cross that must, most unfairly, be born by the eldest son, or daughter as the case maybe. I think it is particularly unfair, if like Andrea, and QEII, you were not born to the position, which later befalls you.

I don’t know if Albert will ever marry, but I think it may be better for Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre, if he did, and had a, legitimate, child. I’m leaving Alexandra out of all this, because for some reason I don’t think it will ever matter to her, either way.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stuart Succession and Jacobite Pretenders hillary_nugent British Royal History 135 07-02-2014 01:40 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge style fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]