The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamagirl
I've said it on other forums and I'll say it again. I think Albert is going to need Alex some day. He should be careful how he treats both of his children. If Nicole does what she should do I feel that Alex will grow up well. His causins have not been raised properly. I hope Stephanie raises her children well.

There are times when fathers have to fall back on the children that they ignored.
How very true Bahamagirl.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Royal Highness

It is not that easy for Prince Albert to change the constitition.

In name a 'Sovereign state', Monaco in reality is a protectorate of France. Monaco can do nothing without omnipresent and mighty France, also not changing the succession.

France namely will annexate Monaco when the Prince has no legitimate heirs. This means that, behind the screens, France is watching closely by.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

Let us not forget that Alex is a bonified French citizen.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.

In name a 'Sovereign state', Monaco in reality is a protectorate of France. Monaco can do nothing without omnipresent and mighty France, also not changing the succession.

France namely will annexate Monaco when the Prince has no legitimate heirs. This means that, behind the screens, France is watching closely by.
I agree that the constitution is not easy to change (nor should it be).

Your other facts are incorrect (i.e., sovereign state and no legitimate heirs). I'll let you do the research.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal pauper
Oh please!!
Talking about PA adopting Alex when he doesn't even want to see him or to be a part of his childhood/upbringing (except for money) is totaly ridiculous and out of question!IMO
Oh, do you have access to his day planner? Can you verify that his only link to his child is via a monthly bank deposit? My opinion is no more ridiculous than your opinions so please watch your tone as I don't think those kind of posts are allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.

And maybe it should.

Quote:
I've said it on other forums and I'll say it again. I think Albert is going to need Alex some day. He should be careful how he treats both of his children. If Nicole does what she should do I feel that Alex will grow up well. His causins have not been raised properly. I hope Stephanie raises her children well.

There are times when fathers have to fall back on the children that they ignored.
Yes, I've experienced this. But for some reason, people would rather pretend he doesn't exist? If I was a Monegasque, the idea of Andrea and Tatiana representing the state would terrify me. A 3 year old child can be raised properly. We may think Albert doesn't like Alex because of his disdain for Nicole, but he may surprise us.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Let us not forget that Alex is a bonified French citizen.
Well then he can run for a French president. I am sure French would love it! They are more open minded then Monegsque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
The question is, do the people want Andrea?

Alex is a child and still has time to be groomed (which I don't think Andrea has been). That's my main reason for him going ahead and adopting him. Perhaps he still thinks he will marry and that's why he hasn't made any step towards the succession issue.
They say if you really, really want something and keep dreaming about it, it could come through. Keep dreaming!
I know Monaco and Monegasque better then you think. It will never happen.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well then he can run for a French president. I am sure French would love it! They are more open minded then Monegsque.

They say if you really, really want something and keep dreaming about it, it could come through. Keep dreaming!
I know Monaco and Monegasque better then you think. It will never happen.
What are you talking about? What do you really have against an innocent child?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
What are you talking about? What do you really have against an innocent child?
Absolutely nothing!
I would like to know how you can tell or see from the picture that Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte are not intelligent/smart enough to rule Monaco and Alex (three year old boy) is bursting with smarts and intelligence. It must be something Alex said or did that made such an impression on you. I would like to know what is that? Just curious!
There are at least five eligible heirs as of today to rule after PA.
Also, I don't think we should be worrying about that for at least 20/30 maybe even 40 years.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Serene Highness

I agree we cannot say that Andrea will be bad ruler of Monaco. We don't know a lot about Casiraghi siblings. And Andrea is still very young...
I heard/read somewhere that young prince Rainer did have reputation of playboy and nobody expected him to be a great ruler back then.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 06-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Aristocracy

If he ever were to become interested in Politics and run and actually win an election in France, now would'nt that be something when he has to meet with dad from Monaco.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
I agree we cannot say that Andrea will be bad ruler of Monaco. We don't know a lot about Casiraghi siblings. And Andrea is still very young...
I heard/read somewhere that young prince Rainer did have reputation of playboy and nobody expected him to be a great ruler back then.
Very true. Prince Rainier rose to the occassion after taking over at the young age of 26. I don't think anyone is ever really "ready" for the takeover. Training for it and preparing for it are nothing compared to the realities that fall on the person when that day actually comes.

Andrea could surprise like Rainier did and be a great ruler. I think its a moot point right now as I don't see Prince Albert abdicating any time soon.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
If he ever were to become interested in Politics and run and actually win an election in France, now would'nt that be something when he has to meet with dad from Monaco.
Actually, in the "old days" not all illegit. kids were hidden or tossed aside, many rulers brought them up at court and then if they were smart and talented sent them off as ambassadors to other countries. They were brought up to be grateful for the wealth given and opportunites which would hopefully bring loyalty to the legit heir and help protect him not to mention if an ambassador was killed it was no threat to the existence of the monarchy of that country.

Conidering that Monaco is bound to France in many ways, wouldn't that be a huge advantage for Monaco to have Alex in public office in France?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Serene Highness

Little Alexandre is just 3 y.o. and there are already so many great plans for him. Maybe we should let him finish preschool first.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 06-12-2007, 05:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I would like to know how you can tell or see from the picture that Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte are not intelligent/smart enough to rule Monaco and Alex (three year old boy) is bursting with smarts and intelligence. It must be something Alex said or did that made such an impression on you. I would like to know what is that? Just curious!
That's exactly what I'm thinking reading this thread!
How can you tell anything about Casiraghis based only on pictures. Only thing we see is that they love to party, and why shouldn't they , they're in early twenties. Everybody gets serious at the point in life when they really have to.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Aristocracy

You are right shappica.

Think of Caroline. When she was young she loved to party like her children do. But nowadays she would be a great ruler, I think.

I would like to see Andrea on the throne, one day . . .
Old 06-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappica
Everybody gets serious at the point in life when they really have to.
it depends how late in life that happens. it's hard to change old habits (look at uncle albert).
Old 06-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother
it depends how late in life that happens. it's hard to change old habits (look at uncle albert).
Good point, so if he can rule, anybody can (including Andrea)!

@ #316- I also think that Caroline would be great ruler!
Old 06-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Courtier

Isn't Andrea next in line to the throne after his Uncle? I thought I'd read or heard somewhere that he'd been officially entered or registered as such. Provided there are no direct heirs from Albert. Direct as in he marries and has children, not illegitimate children.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
Isn't Andrea next in line to the throne after his Uncle? I thought I'd read or heard somewhere that he'd been officially entered or registered as such. Provided there are no direct heirs from Albert. Direct as in he marries and has children, not illegitimate children.
No I think he is next after Caroline. Then comes Pierre and then Chalotte, Alexandra, Stephanie, Louis, Pauline. I'm not quite sure about Camille, I think she isn't in the line because her father wasn't married with Stephanie . . . . I think it's the same system in Great Britain.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Courtier

Ohhhhh.....ok. Thanks Coco for explaining!