The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

hey everyone well, my fav picture is the one of him in his office when younger and the recent one's and the one's resting behind his head. does anyone know if they finishe d the painting of PA

Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Commoner

These are all great photos

Old 07-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy

This is a nice thread! If somebody has more pics to this topic . . . POST THEM !!! :)
Old 07-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
This is a nice thread! If somebody has more pics to this topic . . . POST THEM !!! :)
The Palais De Monaco - The Royal Forums
You can find more photo's of the Palace in this thread which include some of the family members.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:19 PM

Did you know that stephanie´s videoclip of the song "flash" in the mid 80s was made at marchais state?
You can see the video in you tube
Old 07-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikers View Post
Did you know that stephanie´s videoclip of the song "flash" in the mid 80s was made at marchais state?
You can see the video in you tube
Do you mean this one?
funny clip Where is marchais state? And who lives there?
Old 07-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's an estate of the Grimaldi family near Paris, I believe no one actually lives there. It was said that Princess Charlotte used to live there from the 50s to the 70s. The family posed there for the first official pics after Princess Grace's death in late 1982, and if I'm not mistaken the last pics of the family around the estate were taken in 1996 or 1997. I remember seeing Princess Stephanie and her kids with their cousins the Casiraghis.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you monaco70s
But why don't they use it? I'd like to live near the most beautiful city in the world
Old 07-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
Thank you monaco70s
But why don't they use it? I'd like to live near the most beautiful city in the world
They do. Albert just recently took his mistress with his private plane there according to the caption of some pics from Nice airport. It is also surrounded by farmland for which Albert received 300 000 Euros in 2005 from the EU as help. I read somewhere that the farmers in the area don't like the Grimaldis much, but don't remember where I read it. It was definetely in connection with the EU money and the way the farming on the estate is run. I don't suppose he is doing biological farming. But who knows, maybe there he will turn green for a change.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Aristocracy

I hope he is doing biological farming!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Paca for the information, I didn't know he had been there recently.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s View Post
It's an estate of the Grimaldi family near Paris, I believe no one actually lives there. It was said that Princess Charlotte used to live there from the 50s to the 70s. The family posed there for the first official pics after Princess Grace's death in late 1982, and if I'm not mistaken the last pics of the family around the estate were taken in 1996 or 1997. I remember seeing Princess Stephanie and her kids with their cousins the Casiraghis.
I don't remember seeing any photos? Does anyone have these or remember where they were posted?

Thanks for the info Monaco70s!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lea View Post
I don't remember seeing any photos? Does anyone have these or remember where they were posted?

Thanks for the info Monaco70s!
Try looking in this thread. Marchais Estate If you don't find them go to the right hand corner of this Forum and type in Marchais and it will bring up other threads that it's been mentioned in. I know there are a few of them.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think also in one of the first parts of the Grimaldi Retrospective thread too.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks Lady MacAlpine and Monaco70's!!!!! I will look for them.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Try looking in this thread. Marchais Estate If you don't find them go to the right hand corner of this Forum and type in Marchais and it will bring up other threads that it's been mentioned in. I know there are a few of them.
I read some time ago that after Princess Charlotte died a portion of the estate was detroyed by fire and Grace and Rainier rebuilt it and refurbished it. From the photos I've seen of it, it's quite beautiful, but then everything Grace did was done to perfection.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:43 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the photos. All of them look happy together as a family. I did not know the Monaco royal family had another palace in France. The only palace I knew of was the one in Monaco.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness

I couldn't find anywhere else to post this: Article & pics of Riva Tritone- a boat that the Royal family purchased for holidays.

Riva Tritone
Old 02-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks everyone for the wonderful pictures&facts, I didn't know a lot of the stuff posted. I don't mean to sound mean but Prince Albert was very good looking, what happened? I always thought he kind of plain until I saw the older pics.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
Thanks everyone for the wonderful pictures&facts, I didn't know a lot of the stuff posted. I don't mean to sound mean but Prince Albert was very good looking, what happened? I always thought he kind of plain until I saw the older pics.

Age catches up with all of us, he gained weight and lost his hair.