Monaco Grand Prix Retrospective

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Albert will be there. Perhaps Caro and Andrea, but i think that Andrea´ll be there

Today, Thursday, the GP races and tryouts have begun. I think today or tommorow it will be decided who gets the Pole Position.

Who is ur favorite to win this year's GP?

I think Fernando Alonso since he has won most of the races this year and it will be nice to see him on the podium :)

But I also hope Schumi wins!

monaco70s said:
Today, Thursday, the GP races and tryouts have begun. I think today or tommorow it will be decided who gets the Pole Position.

Who is ur favorite to win this year's GP?

I think Fernando Alonso since he has won most of the races this year and it will be nice to see him on the podium :)

But I also hope Schumi wins!

Shumi will win!!!!!!!!
Ferrari is the best!!!!!!!:D

Grace said:
Do you think the Family will attend the GP this year? I doubt it as they are still in mourning, but I hope to see at least some members...

Maybe some Monaco "insiders" can tell me more?
Kisses

I think not. The trophys will be handed to the winners by the Ministre de l'etat.

I hadn't thought of that, and it seems something reasonable to happen.

Thanks Michelle, I expected such a thing and it makes sense...I'm still a little disappointed though...

Kisses

I'm also a bit disappointed too but it's their mourning period to gain strength and energies for the future, afterall they're human like everyone else.

Yes right and thanks Michelle for giving that info. I guess you got it from one of your cousins. I thought it as clear from the beginning so I didn't think of transmitting the info.

This week the world has been invaded by Star Wars and 2005's Monaco Grand prix isn't the exception.

American director George Lucas, third from left, poses with Red Bull's drivers Christian Klien of Austria, left, Vitantonio Liuzzi of Italy and Britain's David Coulthard, right, as he pays a visit to the Red Bull Formula 1 racing team, at the Monaco circuit, Friday, May 20, 2005. The Formula 1 Grand Prix of Monaco is scheduled for Sunday, May 22. In background characters of Luca's saga ' Star Wars'.

Attachments

• starwars.JPG
    starwars.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 340
Yeah and Hayden was there..Cutie..:)

F1 Monaco Grand Prix 2005

Prince Albert II of Monaco (background, C), his sister princess Caroline (background, L) and her husband Ernst of Hanover (Background, R) respect a minute of silence in memory of Prince Rainier III, with all the Formula One drivers, on the start grid of the Monaco racetrack before the start of the Monaco Grand Prix, 22 May 2005 in Monaco. AFP PHOTO LOIC VENANCE

Nice to see them again! Loved when Caroline smiled when shaking hands with Schumi..:)

Attachments

• AUTO-F1-MONACO-ALBERT-22554.jpg
    AUTO-F1-MONACO-ALBERT-22554.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 829
  • AUTO-F1-MONACO-225249-pih.jpg
    AUTO-F1-MONACO-225249-pih.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 665
Motor racing-Raikkonen wins Monaco Grand Prix

MONTE CARLO, May 22 (Reuters) - Finland's Kimi Raikkonen, driving a McLaren, won the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday.

Germany's Nick Heidfeld was second in a Williams, with Australian team mate Mark Webber completing the podium places.

Source: Yahoo! News Reuters

Thanks Ianna for those pics :) It's good to see Caroline, Albert, and Ernst yet sad not to see Prince Rainier for the first time. Nice gesture by paying a tribute before the race began.

We lost!!!

No,no, Shumi had to win!!!!:( :p
Anyway it was a great and fun race!!!!. And that Minardi?? Shumi had to went boxes:( , but it made the race fun:p
I am so angry with Alonso:mad: :mad: . He must had a penalty!!!. He made it twise, poor Webber!He never will be part of the nobility couse he is not a gentleman!!!! He is a plebeian( my brother say this)

There were a lot of famous!!! And George Lucas, Hayden C...., Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Diego Armando Maradona :)) !!!!!!), and a lot of people i didn´t know. Some1 know who were that 2 women, they were twins, the cameraa show them all time!!!

I feel so jealous for that people in their yatchs, sunburn and eating!!! And those people who see all from their balconies!! I was in my house, cold and hungry, and the GP was in the morning (here)!!!:mad: :( :p

Thanks for the pics Ianna

Raikkonen: 'Monaco win is special'

Sunday May 22 2005

Kimi Raikkonen closed the gap on Fernando Alonso in the World Championship standings by five points after winning Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix.

The Finn began the race from pole position and lead from start to finish to beat Nick Heidfeld and Mark Webber to the chequered flag.
Although Raikkonen's win meant a lot for his Championship campaign, the McLaren revealed it also meant a lot to him as a race driver.

"It's a special place to win," he said. "I got so close a few years ago but couldn't get past Montoya."

"I'm very happy it finally happened - you still get the same ten points but everyone looks at it like a special race."
Speaking about his race, Raikkonen admitted that he had a few concerns when the Safety Car came out on lap 25 after Christijan Albers spun and collected David Coulthard and Michael Schumacher.

"I was a bit worried when the Safety Car came out because I'd just passed the pit lane when I found out it had come out."

"Then I just needed to get a twenty second lead or so before my pit stop so I pushed really hard to increase the lead and then after the pit stop I was just driving around. I had to try to keep some pace up to keep the tyres up to temperature otherwise you can lose grip and it gets tricky."

"The first two laps after the Safety Car it took some effort to get some heat in the tyres and get the pressure up and then I went as quick as I could."

He added: "That was a crucial part of the race and it went really well for us. The car went really well all weekend and the tyres lasted really well."

Source: http://www.planet-f1.com/news/story_19624.shtml

Monaco GP Race Report: Kimi Wins Monte Carlo Thriller

Sunday May 22 2005

Kimi Raikkonen won a Monte Carlo Grand Prix that had it all from crashes, to penalties, to overtaking.

Raikkonen won an utterly compelling Monaco GP that like so many, sprang to life in the final 20 laps. However the Finn was well clear of all the action.

Behind him there was action and drama aplenty with the two Williams' finishing on the podium, a crazy accident blocking the track, six-car trains and Jacques Villeneuve trying an unwide move on his team-mate into Ste.Devote

The end result was a second successive win for Raikkonen, another podium for Nick Heidfeld and a very first top-three finish for Mark Webber. And for the first time this season, Fernando Alonso fell short of a podium finishing, coming home in fourth place ahead of Juan Pablo Montoya and Ralf Schumacher.

Meanwhile Ferrari bagged their first double points-haul of the campaign with Michael Schumacher beating Rubens Barrichello to seventh place on the final lap.

Race Report: The sun was shining bright over Monaco harbour as the cars toured round on their formation lap. The track was up to 42 degrees Celsius with an ambient of 23 degrees - perfect conditions.

All eyes were focused on the front of the grid and the battle between Raikkonen and Alonso as the red lights went out. The McLaren moved over to take Alonso’s line and there was no way past for the World Championship leader.

Further back Mark Webber had a dog of a start, painfully slow away from third on the grid and immediately slipping behind Fisichella and Jarno Trull, falling back into the clutches of his BMW-Williams team-mate

Further back, Juan Montoya in the second Mclaren, starting from 16th on the grid, had got through to 12th by the end of the opening lap.

So the order on Lap 2 was Raikkonen, from Alonso, Giancarlo Fisichella in 3rd place, Trulli in 4th from Webber, Heidfeld, David Coulthard, Michael Schumacher in 8th, Felipe Massa 9th, Jacques Villeneuve 10th and Rubens in 11th.

Kimi Raikkonen set off down the road to put the kind of gap between himself and Alonso that he had done in Barcelona, however by Lap 8 it was still only 2.4 seconds. (full report to follow).

Times

01 Räikkönen McLaren 1:45:15.556
02 Heidfeld Williams + 13.877
03 Webber Williams + 18.484
04 Alonso Renault + 36.487
05 Montoya McLaren + 36.647
06 R Schumacher Toyota + 37.177
07 M Schumacher Ferrari + 37.223
08 Barrichello Ferrari + 37.570
09 Massa Sauber + 1 laps
10 Trulli Toyota + 1 laps
11 Villeneuve Sauber + 1 laps
12 Fisichella Renault + 1 laps
13 Monteiro Jordan + 3 laps
14 Albers Minardi + 5 laps
Did not finish
15 Liuzzi Red Bull + 18 laps
16 Friesacher Minardi + 48 laps
17 Coulthard Red Bull + 54 laps
18 Karthikeyan Jordan + 59 laps

Source: http://www.planet-f1.com/news/story_19623.shtml

Some new pics

Attachments

• 52966004.jpg
    52966004.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 582
  • 52966010.jpg
    52966010.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 346
  • 52966049.jpg
    52966049.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 436
Thanks for the pics tbhrc!

Some1 in young_royalty say that he see Char

Thank you both, Ianna and tbhrc for the pics,
I was quite surprised to see some familiy members there..

some old pics !!:) :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 737
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 809
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 548
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 628
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 667
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,690
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 596
nina86lila said:
some old pics !!:) :rolleyes:

It seems like yesterday when I saw that GP on TV. Probably the best one of the last 20 years in Monaco because of the way Charlotte looked. It was when all the magazines began talking about her more and more. ;)

Stephanie seemingly a little melancolic 1997

(source: Paris Match)

Attachments

• steph97.JPG
    steph97.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 350
Sad and thoughtful, but still beautiful, most
people would not look like this in such a moment...

That reminded me of these two pics I found in
my collection, but I'm not sure if someone else
has posted them yet?

Attachments

• grandprix1.jpg
    grandprix1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 593
  • grandprix2.jpg
    grandprix2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 436
iceflower said:
Sad and thoughtful, but still beautiful, most
people would not look like this in such a moment...

That reminded me of these two pics I found in
my collection, but I'm not sure if someone else
has posted them yet?

Yes she's very beautiful , and thanx for the two pix, never seen then before

Nice pics Ice, I think they're from 1984 or so. I had already seen them before ;)

Albert, Pierre and Ernst

epm1b7.jpg
epm1j8.jpg

(uppa)

Stephanie at the grand prix in 1991
Source:cover

iw7jox.jpg
iw7m8m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom