The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here's a communiqué by the Palace about the mass which takes place this evening:

Messe à la memoire du Prince Rainier III le 6 avril 2006 en la Cathédrale de Monaco

Bureau de Presse

Vendredi 31 mars 2006

Une messe à la mémoire du Prince Rainier III sera célébrée le jeudi 6 avril 2006 à 18h30 en la Cathédrale de Monaco, en présence de S.A.S. le Prince Souverain et des Membres de la Famille Princière.

L’accès à la Cathédrale sera réservé aux Monégasques et résidents de la Principauté, sur présentation d’une pièce d’identité ou d’une carte de séjour. L’ouverture des portes aura lieu à 17h15. Une tenue vestimentaire sombre est recommandée.

La cérémonie pourra également être suivie par les fidèles sur des écrans installés dans les églises Saint Charles, Sainte Dévote, Saint Martin et Saint Nicolas.

(www.gouv.mc)

Old 04-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Nobility

Great info Michelle !!:)

Old 04-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

One more link:

http://www.libello.com/pages/actu/ac...Cat=0&home=yes

Old 04-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Majesty

First pics from the service - Reuters via YAhoo

Quote:
Prince Albert II of Monaco (2nd R) and his sisters Princess Caroline of Hanover (2nd L) and Princess Stephanie (R) attend a mass for the first anniversary of Prince Rainiers' death at a Monaco cathedral April 6, 2006. On the left is Princess Caroline's husband, Prince Ernst August of Hanover. REUTERS/Eric Gaillard
Old 04-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Majesty

Reuter via Yahoo

Quote:
Princess Caroline's children (L-R) Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre Casiraghi attend a mass for the first anniversary of Prince Rainiers' death at a Monaco cathedral April 6, 2006. REUTERS/Eric Gaillard
Old 04-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Nobility

Those pics remind me bad moments !:(
thanks Tbhrc !
Old 04-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Majesty

Reuter via Yahoo - Getty

Old 04-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Majesty

ANP

Old 04-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Majesty

Getty

Old 04-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Majesty

Polfoto

Quote:
Polfoto 06-04-2006 Prince Albert II of Monaco,center, with his sisters Princess Caroline of Hanover, left, and Princess Stephanie of Monaco leave the Cathedral of Monaco after a mass in memory of their father Prince Rainier III, Thursday, April 6, 2006, in Monaco. Prince Rainier III died on April 6, 2005 after grave illness in March 2005, and his only son Prince Albert, succeeded him. Before he died he was the 2nd longest reigning monarch with 56 years of reign. (AP Photo / Lionel Cironneau)

Reuter via Yahoo

Quote:
Prince Albert II of Monaco (C) and his sisters Princess Caroline of Hanover (L) and Princess Stephanie (R) leave a Monaco cathedral after attending a mass for the first anniversary of Prince Rainier's death April 6, 2006.

Old 04-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Majesty

Getty

Polfoto

Reuters via Yahoo

Old 04-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness

Tbhrc thank you for all the pics you are working overtime today lovely pics kinda sad both Caroline and Stephanie look great nice to see pics of them all together and casiraghi trio all looked nice .
Old 04-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Majesty

Getty

Reuters via Yahoo

Polfoto

Old 04-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Nobility

So touching !
thanks !
Old 04-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Majesty

You're all welcome...

More from Reuters via Yahoo

Polfoto

Old 04-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

Very sad! Thanks
Old 04-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you , tbhrc, for posting all the photos....
They're a sweet family....just missing the little ones, Chris and Ernsti a bit....:)
Old 04-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you so much for the pictures. It was a very touching.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you all for the pics.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

It was a very nice mass, which started with the little choir boys finishing the double R by putting each of them white roses in their proper place. THen the trio took over (people weren't very impressed by Andreas hairdoo - bit wild for MC cathedral ). Everyone was already very touched and Caro cried basically from beginning to end, whereas Steph seemed moved but very calm. At one point she mouthed the words to her family that yes she was ok. Some of the music was the same as during the funeral, especially PR favorite song about the little chapel which used to stand in the place of the cathedral. Antoinette wasn't there, but her daughter and granddaughter were there (hope she is ok- haven't seen her out and about roughly since January). They sat with the trio. Apart from PA being late as usual (people did not appreciate that at all and immediately evoked his dads disciplin), the trio arriving before the rest of them (Char didn't wear the head scarf when she arrived - it was arround her neck and she arranged it later), there isn't much to tell.

BTW it was transmitted directly to all MC churches and people were filing in from 17.30 onwards (it was alreay very busy when I got there - glad I had a safe seat ). There were a lot of former MC officials as well.

Anyway, nice mass. I'm sure he would have liked it - especially the beginning.