The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Royal Highness

International homage to H.S.H. Princess Grace of Monaco

In the year of the 25th anniversary of Her passing, the Consulate General of Monaco and the Monaco Government Tourist Office, in association with the Princely Government, will present a special tribute exhibit to Princess Grace to pay homage to Her tremendous influence on the Principality and Her legacy of glamour and altruism.

Preview of events that will be held in USA;

Starting in January...

Spring preview of events

Fall events

A Tribute Exibit to Princess Grace Of Monaco at Sotheby's in October 2007

Major event in principality;

The Grace Kelly Years (Grimaldi Forum Monaco / July 13-September 9, 2007)
For the first time, the Principality will stage an exhibition of international scope in homage to H.S.H. Princess Grace of Monaco, to mark the 25th anniversary of Her passing. In close collaboration with the Prince's Palace, which will make available personal items not previously displayed in public, this tribute will retrace the various facets of Her life; from Grace Kelly, Hollywood star, to Princess of Monaco, devoted supporter of the Principality which adopted and loved her from the moment she set foot there in 1956.

To read and inform more about this extraordinary events, click here!

Old 01-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Gentry

Its great thanks for this information...

Old 01-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

Oh wow!!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Ianna.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks a lot for the information. It's great to see these kinds of events to mark the 25th anniversary of her dead. It's really nice they're doing this.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

That's indeed very interesting, thanks a lot for telling us, Ianna!
I would love to see those exhibitions myself, there'll surely be a lot of great findings to look at. And I hope we'll see Albert, Caroline and Steph at some of the events!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Royal Highness

The diamond tiara http://www.visitmonaco.com/mtny/tiara.htm would look great on Charlotte! I'll try to make sure to check out the Chicago events!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Serene Highness

wish they would do somthing in the Uk !!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

It would be nice if someone from the family was in Chicago. I will try to make at least one of the events.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 01-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks Ianna for the information hope some of the kids and grandkids go to see .
Old 01-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

You're all most welcome! I agree, it would be great to see family at least at some of those events! I hope that opening of "The Grace Kelly Years" exibition in Monaco will be made in presence of whole family.

For those interested in Chichago's exibition..

Treasures of the Titans (January 26—June 3, 2007) presents jewelry and accessories created by some of the finest jewelers in the world, including Tiffany and Co., Van Cleef & Arpels, Cartier, Faberg, and Bulgari. The exhibition features more than 30 exquisitely crafted accessories designed for or owned by 20th-century icons from the realms of art, politics, entertainment, and industry...

More about it at the Field Museum official website

Article from "The Courier News" announcing the event..click here

If someone can manage to see the exibition or any other mentioned event, hope it would share her/his thoughts with us!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Gentry

I am so exited. It says there will be an event in Miami. I am so going to drive down to whatever it may be. Kudos to whomever came up with such great way to honor the princess.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Royal Highness

One interesting article more..

"Princess Grace of Monaco was a Scorpio.

She was so intrigued by her astrological sign that she frequently celebrated it. When she turned 40, she held a birthday bash for herself and a gathering of other Scorpios. The princess also commissioned jewelry to reflect her interest in celestial bodies, said Maguy Maccario-Doyle, director of the Monaco government tourism office..." Treasures of The Titans article (Daily Southtown)

Old 01-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Courtier

That's great they would honor Princess Grace she was a remarkable woman with kindess, warmth ,heart , beauty and she had a beautiful smile what a exciting events we are going to see happened. Thanks for the info!
Old 01-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Gentry

new member who loves Princess Grace

"In the year of the 25th anniversary of Her passing, the Consulate General of Monaco and the Monaco Government Tourist Office, in association with the Princely Government, will present a special tribute exhibit to Princess Grace to pay homage to Her tremendous influence on the Principality and Her legacy of glamour and altruism."

This is my first post here and I want to thank Ianna for this great info. I only wish I could attend just one of these events!
Old 01-31-2007, 05:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by darasmom
This is my first post here and I want to thank Ianna for this great info. I only wish I could attend just one of these events!
You're welcome, darasmom! And welcome on board! Wish you great time here!
Old 04-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Gentry

Royalty in Chicago?

I've always been interested in meeting people interested in royalty, particularly Monagasque...does anyone know of any groups in Chicago?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Royal Highness

Cine Retrospective

Personally I feel the tribute to Princess Grace is being done in a hackneyed manner. A a cine retrospective of all her16 or so films would have emphasized the original medium which later catapulted her to the position of Princess. I find it highly unusual that her films have never played in Monaco from start to finish not even once. Instead of having people come in to look at her tiara and gowns I think her films reviewed would have given us an the opportunity to see her in reel as opposed to real life. And that would have been a refreshing change.JMO
Old 04-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya
Personally I feel the tribute to Princess Grace is being done in a hackneyed manner. A a cine retrospective of all her16 or so films would have emphasized the original medium which later catapulted her to the position of Princess. I find it highly unusual that her films have never played in Monaco from start to finish not even once. Instead of having people come in to look at her tiara and gowns I think her films reviewed would have given us an the opportunity to see her in reel as opposed to real life. And that would have been a refreshing change.JMO
Agree--Renier was always opposed to showing her movies in the tiny nation, and he was the ruler, so his decisions were law. Perhaps Albert feels the same way as his father..
Old 04-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Aristocracy

As outsiders it may seem like a good idea to promote or celebrate Grace Kelly films in the Principality, but I'm sure that Prince Rainier had good reason not to do so. I think perhaps he knew that doing so would only make her transition to Princess more difficult than it was. Being an actress was not looked upon highly at that time. I'm not sure if the feeling is the same today, and I think only those that are a part of that society would know that. So I have to assume that Prince Albert feels the same way, or that he wishes her to be remembered as Princess Grace in the Principality and not Grace Kelly the actress. Maybe he is honoring his father's wishes in that respect.