International homage to H.S.H. Princess Grace of Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Germany a new book with a retrosprective on Grace's life will be published, it will contain the
pictures of Howell Conant and will come out on 10 September 2007, with 29,80 € not that cheap ;),
but surely nice :)

Book cover

Talking about books and princess Grace, does anyone know more details about the book that was written to accompany the exhibition in Monaco? There are so many books coming out this year, I lost track. TIA

Thank you so much, Iceflower, for posting the news about the book here,
otherwise I would surely not have noticed the publishing of a book like
this. I'm looking forward to see this book as an homage to Grace.

Ghislaine, the book that has to do with the exhibition we've seen so many
wonderful pics of in this thread, is this one I think
http://i18.tinypic.com/4tyxieh.jpg
It was written by Frederic Mitterand and will also be published next month
at least in Germany.

Thank you Romy, for your quick reply. :flowers: I have found the book, wow, 300 pages... But, according to Amazon, not out until the end of September. Seems a bit odd, do they expect the foreign tourists visiting the exhibition to buy the French edition?

In Germany a new book with a retrosprective on Grace's life will be published, it will contain the
pictures of Howell Conant and will come out on 10 September 2007, with 29,80 € not that cheap ;),
but surely nice :)

Book cover

Thank you Iceflower. The cover looks fantastic.

Thank you Romy, for your quick reply. :flowers: I have found the book, wow, 300 pages... But, according to Amazon, not out until the end of September. Seems a bit odd, do they expect the foreign tourists visiting the exhibition to buy the French edition?

Ghislaine, I've visited other exhibitions hosted by the Grimaldi Centre in Monaco & the catalogues as well as audio handsets throughout the exhibition have been available in several languages.

Last edited by a moderator:
there will be one evening homage concerning the princess thanks on the chains Frenchwoman france3 on Monday September 3 to 20h50
it is an emission turned into direct of the princely palate in the presence of Albert and stephanie

there will be many images of files

there will be one evening homage concerning the princess thanks on the chains Frenchwoman france3 on Monday September 3 to 20h50
it is an emission turned into direct of the princely palate in the presence of Albert and stephanie

Does anyone know if the homage will be broadcast on TV5 as well, for those outside France? Thanks in advance.

Have just returned from visiting the exhibition at the Grimaldi Centre - it really is fantastic. What really struck me was the personal nature of many of the exhibits such as home videos of the young family, personal letters including Rainier's telegrams/notes to Grace just prior to their wedding and toys & nursery clothes belonging to Caroline, Albert & Stephanie. It's a huge exhibition which has been very thoughtfully put together to show the many sides of Grace. If you can get there it's really worth it & despite reports in the paper of record numbers visiting, the day I went, there was plenty of room to take in the various displays. The catalogue is fantastic too & available in French, English & Italian. On sale in the shop was a new DVD which features previously unseen footage ( as featured in the exhibition) There are also several new "Grace" books out - so my suitcase was pretty heavy coming home!

Glistening Seas

:) ohhhh can you tell us the name of those books for those whom are unable to be there. :D

Hi Glistening Seas, hope the following is helpful :flowers: Grace Kelly:princesse du Cinema by Stanislas Choko -I've just tracked this down on Amazon.fr. I think this is a very much revised version of an earlier title. It's got lots of great photos, & although its French text this consists mainly of captions.
Grace;Princess of Monaco, Edition Gazette de Monaco. A glossy paperback of approx 24 pages packed with photographs & French/English text. I'm not sure how you would obtain this outside Monaco - you could try contacting the Grimaldi Centre by email.
Grace Kelly by Stephan Bern Another French title containing glossy photographs, you can also track further details from Amazon.fr
The catalogue of the exhibition The Grace Kelly Years is by Frederic Mitterrand & seems pretty easy to obtain. Of all the titles noted this is the one to get!

Poeme38, have you seen that programme and if so, could you tell us a little
bit about it - or maybe anyone else has seen it and can do so?
Screencaps would also be great :)- I've only read a little part of the
interview with Steph in a German magazine, Steph was talking about how
much she loved her mother and how she felt Grace tried to raise her up.
More information would be great!

Monaco Revue -- The celebrity and lifestyle magazine with purpose

With so many high profile events this year to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Princess Grace's passing, it's rather surprising that the actual day she left this world should be so low key.

Strangely, the last time we checked, there was not even a memorial service planned at the church in which the principality's most famous consort lies, and it seems the only manner in which Monaco is marking this day (Sept 14, 2007) is by allowing its citizens free entry to the exhibition “The Grace Kelly Years”.

Do anybody know why they did have memorial service for Princess Grace. They had one for Rainer.

With so many high profile events this year to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Princess Grace's passing, it's rather surprising that the actual day she left this world should be so low key.

Strangely, the last time we checked, there was not even a memorial service planned at the church in which the principality's most famous consort lies, and it seems the only manner in which Monaco is marking this day (Sept 14, 2007) is by allowing its citizens free entry to the exhibition “The Grace Kelly Years”.
I have to agree with you that things are rather low key today and that individuals who post pics and passing commentaries on Grace do not want to say a word about how the death of the Princess Grace impacted them if at all.It is a kindness I am certain she would have done for others. I guess pics are more about the person posting them than Grace herself and commentaries are not genuine. Otherwise the tributes would be pouring in and down.
I surmise the times have changed or people are complacent. May Princess Grace Rest In Peace.
Deo Juvante

I have to agree with you that things are rather low key today and that individuals who post pics and passing commentaries on Grace do not want to say a word about how the death of the Princess Grace impacted them if at all.It is a kindness I am certain she would have done for others. I guess pics are more about the person posting them than Grace herself and commentaries are not genuine. Otherwise the tributes would be pouring in and down.
I surmise the times have changed or people are complacent. May Princess Grace Rest In Peace.
Deo Juvante

Well said! Rest in peace Princess Grace

No service for the public to pay their respects? I would think that would be appropriate.

Well, there were all these events commemorating the annivesary, so I think that on this day family wanted to keep it private, and I think they were right to do so! JMO

And about how Princess Grace's death efected me: I can't really say because I was born three years later, but even so her life and personality impress me much more than anyone else's before or after her!
So, rest in peace Princess Grace :angel:

Glistening Seas

:rainbow::)i would never think the people would ever 'not care" about the Pss. Grace passing. however, after the loss of ranier still being something PA Caroline and Stephanie have to deal with. i can only say that reflecting of the passing of Pss. Grace would be all the more heavily felt. This family has had a huge loss in Ranier and Pss. Grace and having to "smile" for the crowds just wouldn't be something i would say they should have to do. So, i think the quiet family ceremony may just be this family's way to simply "deal" with their losses while allowing all the exhibits for the crowds. which imho, is quite tasteful to say the least. :angel::monacostandard::crown8::wub:

Well, there were all these events commemorating the annivesary, so I think that on this day family wanted to keep it private, and I think they were right to do so! JMO

And about how Princess Grace's death efected me: I can't really say because I was born three years later, but even so her life and personality impress me much more than anyone else's before or after her!
So, rest in peace Princess Grace :angel:

I didn't necessarily mean for the family to attend but so the citizens of Monaco could pay their respects. A short service and lighting of candles would have been nice. I think the citizens of Monaco also felt the loss today but there was no service for them.

Even though today is a sad day and an important anniversary, I think it is a day to celebrate the life and legacy of Princess Grace/Grace Kelly.

Rest In Peace Princess Grace.

Have peaceful journey thought heaven Princess Grace watch over your children and your grandchildren. REST IN PEACE.

Another article:

On the 25th anniversary of Princess Grace's passing, Monaco Revue presents an appreciation by editor Celia Sankar, who is the founder of the , which promotes equal opportunity employment in Canada and abroad.

Once upon a time, I was enarmoured of fairytales. However, “The Princess and the Pea” spoiled it for me. That was the story in which a young prince decries all prospective brides, then throws himself at the feet of the first lady who passes the indisputable test of a real princess: she detects a pea hidden under several layers of mattresses.

Back
Top Bottom