International homage to H.S.H. Princess Grace of Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Satureday June 2nd 2007 , Gala on TV ( France 2 ).
Caroline, Stephanie and Albert will be there - along with others.

Link

Thanks a lot for telling us, Michelle, it's great that they'll all attend an event like that. I wish we could all see
that show, but well, at least we will see some pics and get some quotes..:)

Great news, that will be very interesting, the Grimaldis together in a tv show. I really hope France 2 will have some clips on their site.

this evening

on arte tv there's a programm on the great princess !!

tbhrc said:
Great news, that will be very interesting, the Grimaldis together in a tv show. I really hope France 2 will have some clips on their site.

Yeah I think we've never seen the three of then together in one tv life - show before. If anyone is able to, please feel free to record the show and put it on YouTube :flowers::).

Great article from Times Online...:flowers:

Remembering my fairytale mother

Sorting though Princess Grace’s possessions for an exhibition has brought back bittersweet memories says Prince Albert of Monaco..Click here to read!

lea said:
As outsiders it may seem like a good idea to promote or celebrate Grace Kelly films in the Principality, but I'm sure that Prince Rainier had good reason not to do so. I think perhaps he knew that doing so would only make her transition to Princess more difficult than it was. Being an actress was not looked upon highly at that time. I'm not sure if the feeling is the same today, and I think only those that are a part of that society would know that. So I have to assume that Prince Albert feels the same way, or that he wishes her to be remembered as Princess Grace in the Principality and not Grace Kelly the actress. Maybe he is honoring his father's wishes in that respect.
It is half a century later. Prince Rainier went to work on horseback and PA has a Lear jet{said with a British accent pls }It is one thing to honor the wishes of your father and another to maintain a pact with that dead faith.

princess olga said:
Agree--Renier was always opposed to showing her movies in the tiny nation, and he was the ruler, so his decisions were law. Perhaps Albert feels the same way as his father..:sad:
Then I wonder why Charlene's swimming aspirations have been brought to Monaco .
Her humanistic significance must tower over that of Grace Kelly obviously.
What an oversight on my part.
There should be a unified civil code regarding things being kept out of Monaco not only for Grace Kelly the thespian but everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
michelle said:
Satureday June 2nd 2007 , Gala on TV ( France 2 ).
Caroline, Stephanie and Albert will be there - along with others.

Link

I swear someone there reads these boards! Thanks Michelle!

A retrospective af all Grace's movies was shown last year at the "Two worlds' Festival" in Spoleto, Italy, one of the most important events regarding music theatre and arts in general. The event was promoted by the Princely Family and Albert was present in Spoleto.

Is the Tenue de Soirée show the one Caro didn't attend? Do those of you who saw it think it is worth watching? Thanks for the advice!

Thanks very much Some very nice words the part about how the family underestimated it what steph was feeling

thanks for the aritcle , must say cant believe that the uk arent doing anything , I would of thought the NFT would put somthing on , or even A&B would show some of her clothes !

In this month's Town and Country Magazine, Lynn Wyatt a close friend of Princess Grace and all the Grimaldi family is quoted on fashion and it really describes Princess Grace. Here is the quote:

"I think style is a way of moving through the world, and not just by one's appearance. It's a reflection of how one feels inside"

reflection of interiority

hi hibou,
Thank you so very much for for the wise words of one of the world's great fashion icons.I have to agree.What appears on the outside is a reflection of what is going on inside.Lynn Wyatt and Princess Grace were two individuals who did not only pay lipsevice to this philosophy but came face to face with the practice of its philosophy.
many thanks.

Do we know who will attend the opening of the exhibition? I hope the whole family does! And is the formal opening on the 12th or the day before?

This isn't part of the international homage to Princess Grace but it did pay wonderful tribute to her. The other night there was a show on the Style channel. It was about wedding gowns. Stacey London (I think that is her name) from "What not to Where" was the host. It spoke about how some women go with trends instead of the classics. In three seperate parts that I saw of the show, they showed Grace in her wedding dress and commented that it was classic not trendy. She did everything right withthat dress. It was definately an example of what to do.

I know this is kind of off the wall suggestion, but wouldn't it be great if both the Grimaldis and the Kellys decided to organize a big family reunion, in the American style, where you invite everybody you are related to in a beautiful place and reacquaint yourself with all your relatives, cousins, etc ? I assume (I may be wrong) that some members of the Monaco family would have a ball : Stephanie, Albert, the younger members of the family, and it would reinforce the ties that link them all to Princess Grace. I think it would make for a beautiful and unusual tribute, and would emphasize Grace's American roots since it is so quintessentially American. I think the Kennedys do that, not in a formal way, but I believe it has kept them close as a very extended family.

Pics 29.6.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco attends the inauguration ceremony of a Princess Grace of Monaco pictures exhibition, 29 June 2007 in Monaco. Twenty-five pictures of Princess Grace are displayed in Monaco, recounting the life of Prince Rainier's wife, who died 14 September 1982 in a car accident. AFP PHOTO ERIC ESTRADE

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

THis weeks point de vue has about 35 pages about Grace. Frederic Mitterand who is also the curator of this years exhibition is writing. And if you look at the summary page you will see that Albert and Charlene have made it into the same issue.

Thanks Paca for telling us :) Does it have pictures of any of the items that will be displayed or unseen pics of her?

Thanks Paca for telling us :) Does it have pictures of any of the items that will be displayed or unseen pics of her?
I haven't seen the print version, but I suppose it will. It looks as if this article is part of the PR for the exhibition.

Oh I see, thanks anyway Paca :) The exhibition starts tomorrow right? Has it been rumored who will be attending the opening?

I have the impression, but I might be wrong, that the opening will be tonight as starting tomorrow morning the exhibition is open to the public...I guess all three Grimaldis will attend, not sure about the grandkids, and the big question is will Charlene attend as well?

I have the impression, but I might be wrong, that the opening will be tonight as starting tomorrow morning the exhibition is open to the public...I guess all three Grimaldis will attend, not sure about the grandkids, and the big question is will Charlene attend as well?
Yes you might be right. Besides, tomorrow their is a big concert (Muse) in Monaco and I suppose that's where he will be in the evening ;)

Pic 11.7.2007

First pic from today!
Prince Albert II of Monaco and his sister Stephanie pose, 11 July 2007, as they arrive for the opening of the exhibition "The Grace Kelly Years" which takes place from 12 July to 23 September 2007 at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco. AFP PHOTO VALERY HACHE

--> Pic

I add some more:

Steph

Brother and sister

A portrait of Grace

Great collection of magazine covers

Steph and Albert looking at a picture of their beloved mother

The wonderful dresses

In front of one of the most famous portraits

Last edited:
Glistening Seas

:)W-o-w what nice pics. these dresses i'd never seen before. she certainly did have marvelous taste in clothes. Looks like PA and Steph and Caroline got their mothers great fashion sense. :innocent::monacostandard::)

Thanks for the first pics, iceflower, they're absolutely great!:flowers: Can't wait for more to come, especially when we know that there are fifteen rooms of exhibits which follow Princess Grace's life:)

Can't stand not to ask where's Caroline? :rolleyes: I've expected that at least Grimaldi siblings would attend the opening of the exibition. In the end, this is result of their teamwork...

@Grace - you had excellent impression!;)

Back
Top Bottom