The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 07-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
First pic from today!
Prince Albert II of Monaco and his sister Stephanie pose, 11 July 2007, as they arrive for the opening of the exhibition "The Grace Kelly Years" which takes place from 12 July to 23 September 2007 at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco. AFP PHOTO VALERY HACHE

--> Pic

I add some more:

Steph

Brother and sister

A portrait of Grace

Great collection of magazine covers

Steph and Albert looking at a picture of their beloved mother

The wonderful dresses

In front of one of the most famous portraits
Thanks again iceflower. The pictures are great. I can't help but notice that the portrait of Grace was taken the day she met Rainier as she is wearing the dress (with the big flowers) and hat that years later she said she hated the way she looked in them. She couldn't understand how he even gave her a second glance.

I like Steph's dress, which is odd because I don't usually go for animal prints. Unfortunately, she looks like she is getting too much sun again.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-11-2007, 05:17 PM
shappica's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Posts: 438
^ I agree, Stephanie is too taned. Great pics btw.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Thank you! Wonderful pictures Stephanie looks fabulous although a bit too tan. I am sad that Caroline is not there or the trio to celebrate this event.
Of course one has to wonder if Charlene attended.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
Yes, Charlene attended, at least the "cocktail party" after the exhibition. Very strange Caro didn't go, as we know until a couple of days ago she was in Monaco...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-11-2007, 08:01 PM
christinacg's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,194
Stephanie looks cute I think. I usually hate animal print dresses but that one isn't so bad. Missing Caroline at this event though.
And "wow" at all of those magazine covers of Grace. She was so incredibly photogenic
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,443
Thanks a lot for the pics It is a pity that Caroline and the Grimaldi grandchildren weren't there for this important event :( I hope we get more pics of the exhibition. Will a book containing pics of the items displayed be sold in the Grimaldi Forum?

BTW I could see in the dresses, the one she wore for 1958's Red Cross Ball, the pink dress she wore in Cannes in 1968, and 1969's Rose Ball dress along with the big head dress she wore for the competition in that Ball.

Interesting to see the painting from the Palace's Mirror room in the expo and also all of those magazine covers, some which have been posted already here in the forums.
__________________
Monaco70s
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Yes, Charlene attended, at least the "cocktail party" after the exhibition. Very strange Caro didn't go, as we know until a couple of days ago she was in Monaco...
I didn't know Caroline was in Monaco until two days ago and now she is gone? How did you find out Charlene was at the cocktail party and not the event. How odd is that?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-11-2007, 09:47 PM
rarotonga's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
I didn't know Caroline was in Monaco until two days ago and now she is gone? How did you find out Charlene was at the cocktail party and not the event. How odd is that?
I wasn't there, but from my experiences with exhibits, there usually is a cocktail party simultaneously or right after the exhibit opening. Maybe, she stayed away from the cameras when brother and sister opened the exhibit and had their pictures taken due solely to the fact that she's not family - yet (ick!)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarotonga View Post
I wasn't there, but from my experiences with exhibits, there usually is a cocktail party simultaneously or right after the exhibit opening. Maybe, she stayed away from the cameras when brother and sister opened the exhibit and had their pictures taken due solely to the fact that she's not family - yet (ick!)
Thanks she must have stayed away from the cameras or was asked too. Usually at large exhibition openings there are always refreshments available and then sometimes a smaller dinner afterward or in this case it sounds like a small cocktail party afterward. I still find it odd that she did not attend the exhibition as she could have come in before their arrival and avoided the cameras. I just wonder how people know she was there. I am sad that Caroline was not there or the trio.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:36 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,098
You are all most welcome

Here are some more pics from yesterday:

1. From the exhibition:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

2. With Steph and Albert
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-12-2007, 03:18 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
I thought that Steph dress was cute and very tasteful. Pr.Albert looks very relax. I was praying that Caroline show up for exhibition sent she is Princess of Monaco. I was hoping that they show up together to show people around Monaco they are United as One.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-12-2007, 03:28 AM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Steph ?

It is Princess Stéphanie. I even doubt the Princess is called 'Steph' in the familial circle.

Where is the end?

Alex and Máxi in the Netherlands?

Phil and Math in Belgium?

Freddie and Mary in Denmark?

Beth and Phil in the United Kingdom?

Gus and Syl in Sweden?

So make four characters more with your keyboard and write Stéphanie instead of that awful, cheap and vulgar Steph.


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Thanks she must have stayed away from the cameras or was asked too. Usually at large exhibition openings there are always refreshments available and then sometimes a smaller dinner afterward or in this case it sounds like a small cocktail party afterward. I still find it odd that she did not attend the exhibition as she could have come in before their arrival and avoided the cameras. I just wonder how people know she was there. I am sad that Caroline was not there or the trio.
I know simply because I was in Monaco yesterday (thought not at the exhibition), so I've seen her; after the opening there was a cocktail at Grimaldi Forum, I think, and then a sort of concert at the Terrasses du Casino. There's where I saw Charlene with Albert; I assume she was also at the exhibition but I can't be sure. As for Caroline, she was pictured in Monaco two days ago, that's how I know she was there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-12-2007, 04:15 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s View Post
Thanks a lot for the pics It is a pity that Caroline and the Grimaldi grandchildren weren't there for this important event :( I hope we get more pics of the exhibition. Will a book containing pics of the items displayed be sold in the Grimaldi Forum?

BTW I could see in the dresses, the one she wore for 1958's Red Cross Ball, the pink dress she wore in Cannes in 1968, and 1969's Rose Ball dress along with the big head dress she wore for the competition in that Ball.

Interesting to see the painting from the Palace's Mirror room in the expo and also all of those magazine covers, some which have been posted already here in the forums.
Yes, and it is on sale in bookshops as well from the start of the exhibition.Take a look at the fnac site, you might find the title there and be able to order it online somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
I know simply because I was in Monaco yesterday (thought not at the exhibition), so I've seen her; after the opening there was a cocktail at Grimaldi Forum, I think, and then a sort of concert at the Terrasses du Casino. There's where I saw Charlene with Albert; I assume she was also at the exhibition but I can't be sure. As for Caroline, she was pictured in Monaco two days ago, that's how I know she was there.
If it was at the Casino, it probably was for the sky mirror. If you look at the pics, you'll see that Albert had his picture taken there at 18.45h. The day before they had something turcish going on. If Charlene was at the Grimaldi Forum, then there will be pics somewhere. It was an international opening with international journalists. Since the jumping etc he seems to have kept her a little under wraps and away from international photographers. NIce matin he can control, the others not. But even some of the St jean pics turned up on the MC matin website (maprincipaute). Attention was yesterday on the Grimaldi Forum, not on the casino. And we know from St jean that she sometimes joins later, so they might have met up there. I don't suppose that Steph was at the Casino too?

And yes Caro was recently in Monaco. She might have paid a private visit before the opening as we know that she was involved as well in the preparation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-12-2007, 05:15 AM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
No, it was at the Terasses du Casino, after dinner, and it was most definitely for the exhibition opening. There was a sort of jazz concert, and all the guests were given the official exhibition book. I happened to walk by when Albert and Charlene were going away (around midnight I think), followed by Mme Gallico; I didn't see Steph so I don't know if she went or not, but of the rest I'm pretty sure. I also saw an Italian journalist who always covers this kind of stuff...

BTW, as per TBHRC pics, Caro is now off on the Pacha with her family...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 07-12-2007, 06:17 AM
tbhrc's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: *Ruhrgebiet*, Germany
Posts: 9,376
Gallery from Isifa:

Gallery

And another wonderful gallery can be found at IBL:

Gallery
__________________
_*_*_tbhrc_*_*_
'I think optimism is a choice one makes. For me, the cup is half full. Or maybe a quarter full. Or at least there is a cup.
Or there could be a cup…' (Princess Caroline of Hanover)
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-12-2007, 07:17 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
No, it was at the Terasses du Casino, after dinner, and it was most definitely for the exhibition opening. There was a sort of jazz concert, and all the guests were given the official exhibition book. I happened to walk by when Albert and Charlene were going away (around midnight I think), followed by Mme Gallico; I didn't see Steph so I don't know if she went or not, but of the rest I'm pretty sure. I also saw an Italian journalist who always covers this kind of stuff...

BTW, as per TBHRC pics, Caro is now off on the Pacha with her family...
Well, then our Italian friends might discover something in their tabloids soon. Long time that we didn't see Mme Gallico around, but I suppose that as Graces former lady in waiting and friend she wouldn't miss the occasion. Or maybe she is back into helping Charlene behave and hopefully dress appropriately. Did she look decently dressed or was it another of the Isabelle Kristensen style outfits?

Btw Caro was dining Tuesday evening with Ernst in Beaulieu (as did Jack Nicholson) at the African Queen, so she was just down the road for the exhibition opening on Wednesday.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
I know simply because I was in Monaco yesterday (thought not at the exhibition), so I've seen her; after the opening there was a cocktail at Grimaldi Forum, I think, and then a sort of concert at the Terrasses du Casino. There's where I saw Charlene with Albert; I assume she was also at the exhibition but I can't be sure. As for Caroline, she was pictured in Monaco two days ago, that's how I know she was there.
Thanks Grace, it's always good to have a Sherlock on the ground that can tell us what they see so when the tabloids get carried away we know what actually happened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Well, then our Italian friends might discover something in their tabloids soon. Long time that we didn't see Mme Gallico around, but I suppose that as Graces former lady in waiting and friend she wouldn't miss the occasion. Or maybe she is back into helping Charlene behave and hopefully dress appropriately. Did she look decently dressed or was it another of the Isabelle Kristensen style outfits?

Btw Caro was dining Tuesday evening with Ernst in Beaulieu (as did Jack Nicholson) at the African Queen, so she was just down the road for the exhibition opening on Wednesday.
paca you usually come up with their headlines Let's see what they do now!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Distrito federal, Mexico
Posts: 239
Grace Kelly´s family want to remember her like princess, I have read that Grace was not accepted for many royals because She was an actress. She made a lot of interesting films. Nowadays many situations have changed with the rules in most royal houses
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-12-2007, 10:33 AM
rarotonga's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Well, then our Italian friends might discover something in their tabloids soon. Long time that we didn't see Mme Gallico around, but I suppose that as Graces former lady in waiting and friend she wouldn't miss the occasion. Or maybe she is back into helping Charlene behave and hopefully dress appropriately. Did she look decently dressed or was it another of the Isabelle Kristensen style outfits?
Yes, do tell us how CW was dressed for this ocassion. Mme Gallico holds a special place in the family, and having been around in Monaco for a long time, I would pay careful attention to her counsel.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Grimaldi Ancestors Danjel Monegasque Princely History 185 08-02-2014 06:48 PM
Godparents royal_sophietje Royal Life and Lifestyle 211 12-10-2013 09:04 PM
Princess Margaret (1930-2002) part 1: to May 2007 Princess_Elizaveta British Royals 229 05-25-2007 03:37 AM
The Late Princess Grace Julia Princely Family of Monaco 137 09-15-2004 05:15 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman palace pom pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]