The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Nobility

There will be an expo like London one in Germany this Autum-Winter. Here you have more info if you´re interested.New Grace Kelly exhibition in Germany - Exhibition : lifestyle, lemag | euronews

Honestly, London Exhibition dissapoint me a lot. Perhaps it was because I had the opportunity of assist to the first expo in Monaco in 2007, but in thE V&A only has showed a little bit of her collection...

Old 08-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for finding this Sensibility - although I am wondering whether it will still go ahead as the original press release appears to be from 2008. Germany would be an excellent place for the exhibition to go to next. I hope they will put on a more extensive show than London. How lucky to assist at the original expo. Nothing can come close to that fantastic tribute unless Albert decides to do something in Monaco.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:07 AM
Nobility

Yes Elly C, I couldn´t help crying in front of her childhood stuffs... It was really emotive and I remember I thought about that for a lot of time.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensibility View Post
There will be an expo like London one in Germany this Autum-Winter. Here you have more info if you´re interested.New Grace Kelly exhibition in Germany - Exhibition : lifestyle, lemag | euronews

Honestly, London Exhibition dissapoint me a lot. Perhaps it was because I had the opportunity of assist to the first expo in Monaco in 2007, but in thE V&A only has showed a little bit of her collection...
Well, this is good news. I'm going to Germany very soon!
I can watch Princess Grace's great wardrobe!)
Old 07-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Gentry

Next year marks the 30th anniversary of Princess Grace's death, wouldn't it be great if the exhibition The Grace Kelly Years - Princess of Monaco would return to Monaco and would stay there on permanent display? I think Princess Grace deserves her own museum in Monaco. I read the exhibition just closed in Brazil and that there are plans for it to travel to Australia next year... I wonder why it never was shown in The Netherlands or Belgium. I flew to Monaco in 2007 and to London last year, Australia is way out of my leaugue...
Old 07-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, yes, yes. It would be very good timing, but when the new National Museum opened this year, I thought we may have heard if there were any future plans to add either an annexe or design a permanent space dedicated to Grace. I can never forget the original exhibition at the Grimaldi Centre which extended across many rooms - I just can't figure where space would be found for a significant permanent space. I fear that anything that tried to replicate the original would disappoint.
(By the way, does anyone know what has happened to the exhibition of automated dolls that used to be housed in the Villa Sauber?)
Old 07-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

This link confirms that the dolls are still there...
Monte Carlo Daily Photo: The National Museum - Villa Sauber - la Belle Epoque

The museum is also on the Facebook page "Monaco Tourism"

NMNM
Old 07-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Royal Highness

I'm not so sure. The post is 2009. When I visited for the Ballet Russe exhibition they were nowhere to be seen - the museum has had a makeover recently. I think it would have made a lovely location to house a collection of Grace memorabilia, but I can kind of understand why this may never happen. In tems of the history of Monaco/Grimaldi family she isn't a direct descendant & it would give her a kind of eminence if you understand what I mean.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

But I think that, if they are spending lots of money and effort on moving the Grace display around the world, it must be easier to locate it in one spot, i.e. NMNM.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

Yes I agree & it would be a real attraction for the many visitors from the States. Another possible venue could be within the Palace. Charlene's wedding regalia is being exhibited at the Oceangraphic museum - that would be another interesting venue.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I think they ought to strike while the iron is hot, i.e. cash in on the Charlene Wedding Gown exhibit.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:30 AM
Royal Highness

Albert & Charlene are set to open the Toronto leg of this much travelled exhibition in early November.

link
Old 11-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Grace Kelly exhibit explores icon's life - Toronto - CBC News

They will be in Toronto tonight to preview the exhibit that does not open to the public until Friday. Its next stop is Australia before everything returns to Monaco.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know if there is anything new/different about this leg of the exhibition? I just hope when "everything returns to Monaco" it isn't stored in mothballs & forgotten until the next important anniversary.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Gentry

I was outside the TIFF Lightbox tonight for Albert and Charlene's arrival and departure and grabbed a few photos:

ARRIVAL:

Departure:

In the photo above, Prince Albert is gesturing for Charlene to come back after she forgot to say goodbye to the officials and went immediately to the car. LOL

Bonus Photos:

The lovely Hilary Weston, Her Majesty's former representative in the Province of Ontario, and current resident of Fort Belvedere was also in attendance.

Local news reporter Andria Case wore her best tiara for the occasion.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:02 AM
Aristocracy

thanks for those personal photos, bweir. what are your personal impressions? how were they in person, a few feet away from you?

also, chris levine's son is hot!
http://www.bfanyc.com/home/search?op...h=Chris+LeVine
Old 11-03-2011, 02:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pictures!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Thanks a lot for sharing, bweir!

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene at the exhibition for "Grace Kelly: From Movie Star to Princess"
at the TIFF building in Toronto, November 2, 2011.

** daylife/reuters/gettyimages gallery ** newscom gallery **
Old 11-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Courtier

Again great photos.
@bweir: Oh gosh, how much I would like to have been in your place!
I would love to see them both in real life. So relaxed and so good looking
Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Courtier

Pictures of the exhibition: "Grace Kelly: From Movie Star to Princess" Exhibition - the Fashion Spot
from The Fashion Spot site