The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Royal Highness

A preview article about the V & A exhibition in London.
Telegraph 11th April

It states that some exhibits have been loaned from the Balenciago Museum in Spain. Does anyone know about these exhibits - were they part of the original exhibition in Monaco?

Old 04-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Nobility

I´ll be there on April 20th!

Old 04-13-2010, 03:11 AM
Gentry

Isn't it strange that there is no mention of Princess Grace her wedding gown in any of the articles
about the upcomming exhibition?
If it would not be on display, the exhibiotion would not be complete.... Does anyone know who
is going to open the exhibition in London? Prince Albert was in Rome for the opening, Princess Stephanie in Moscow.... I'll be there on april 21th!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:14 AM
Commoner

I'll be there the 1st of May. Can't wait
Old 04-13-2010, 05:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGrace View Post
Isn't it strange that there is no mention of Princess Grace her wedding gown in any of the articles
about the upcomming exhibition?
If it would not be on display, the exhibiotion would not be complete.... Does anyone know who
is going to open the exhibition in London? Prince Albert was in Rome for the opening, Princess Stephanie in Moscow.... I'll be there on april 21th!
I too get the impression the wedding gown isn't part of the exhibition, which would be a significant loss. I think it has featured in all the other exhibitions so far. Perhaps it had to go back to Philadelphia having been on loan for such a lengthy period - I get th eimpression it was originally envisaged that the London exhibition would have been sooner. My guess is Caroline to open ( would be wonderful if Charlotte accompanied her - not impossible as she spends quite a lot of time in the UK).
I shall be there in June - taking 4 friends & introducing them to the magic of Grace
Old 04-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Nobility

Oh! so can we meet there. Please writte me a PM to my email: mydearlady@live.com we can organize a "Grace Kelly lunch" together ladies:)

xx
Lily.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensibility View Post
Oh! so can we meet there. Please writte me a PM to my email: mydearlady@live.com we can organize a "Grace Kelly lunch" together ladies:)

xx
Lily.
This is an excellent idea, Lily!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I am really looking forward to seeing this exhibition - going in June

I was at the Catherine walker exhibition at the V&A a few years back which featured some dresses that Diana wore and you were allowed to use cameras - does anyone know if cmaeras will be allowed into the Grace Kelly exhibition?

Old 04-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

- Grace Kelly: Style Icon - Private View - London -

Charlene Wittstock, Prince Albert II of Monaco, Sophie, Countess of
Wessex and Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex attend the private view
of the exhibition 'Grace Kelly: Style Icon', at the Victoria & Albert
Museum on April 15, 2010 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **

** zimbio: Grace Kelly: Style Icon - Exhibition **

** zimbio : GBR: Grace Kelly: Style Icon - Private View **
Old 04-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Grace Kelly: Fifties icon's timeless style is celebrated as spectacular wardrobe is displayed for the first time | Mail Online

Old 04-16-2010, 04:14 AM
Gentry

How wonderful to see some of the photo's of the exhibition!
Thank you so much for posting, can't wait to see it next wendnesday!
Still no mention of Princess Grace her wedding gown...
Old 04-16-2010, 04:47 AM
Royal Highness

Lovely photos. Thank you. I think we can take it that the wedding gown isn't in the exhibition.
I am pleased that Albert opened the proceedings & that Sophie & Edward were there. ( Both Charlene & Sophie looked good I thought). It struck me how many ladies wore black.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Maybe they wore black in order to not outshine the exhibition
dresses

Here are a few additions:

Prince Albert and Charlene Wiitstock leaving the Dorchester Hotel
to attend the exhibition:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

A HOLA article with pics of the outside arrival:

** Alberto de Mónaco y Charlene Wittstock recuerdan en Londres el estilo de la princesa Grace **

A hellomagazine article with more informaion:

** Fit for a princess: Prince Albert and Charlene guests of honour at Grace Kelly exhibit **

Departure pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 04-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Royal Highness

Two short videos from the BBC

Video 1

Video 2
Old 04-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

Like I have mentioned before I would like to see these Princess Grace gowns and permanently housed in a Monaco museum as a tribute to her classical aesthetic sensibility.And I would like to also see a retrospective of the Grace Kelly films at a festival in Monaco- just once.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Gentry

Thanks so much for the photos's and the video's from the exhibition!
Princess Grace her wedding gown is currently on dispaly at The Museum of Art
in Philadelphia, that's why it's not included in this exhibition.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Grace Kelly and her magic wardrobe| Art | This is London (19/04/2010).
Old 04-22-2010, 05:45 AM
Gentry

Yestday I've been to see the exhibition in London... it was great to see some, and I do mean
some, of Princess Grace her wardrobe. I had to travell eight hours before arriving in London at the Victoria and Albert Museum (which is amazing btw), but if I had known the exhibition would be this small I would not have done so. Perhaps it was so diassapointing because I've seen the exhibition in Monaco... It's always wonderful to be able to see anything that has to do with Princess Grace, but I had not thought this exhibition would be so small. In the media there are 50 dresses mentioned, at most(!) there are 30 not 50!! Just a few pair of shoes, very few jewels, no portraits or paintings. The hat and corsage are missing from the arrival in Monaco outfit and many of the amazing gowns that were on display at The Grimaldi Forum are not there at all. Well I did buy the book and just about everything else that was availabe, but my vote goes to a permanent display of Princess Grace her wardrobe in a museum in Monaco!! In my opinion the 30th anniversery of her tragic dead would be THE occasion to do so!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Royal Highness

I think this is what several of us have feared, that particularly after being spoilt by the wonderful Monaco exhibition, this would be a let down. ( The admission price of just £6 is a further indication!) I would be interested to know if the exhibitions in Rome & Paris were considerably scaled down. From what I remember reading/seeing I got the impression both were bigger than London - am I right? I also recall reading that the wedding gown was on display in both these venues. A plus point however, has to be the V & A publication to coincide with the exhibition. It's a lovely book & worth investing in. Incidentally, I have just purchased two relatively new Grace titles which I will post details/links to on the media area of the forum shortly. If you like photos of Grace they are both "must have" titles
Old 04-23-2010, 01:17 AM

So the wedding is certainly not part of the London exhibit, is that right?

I love the Wessex couple. Sophie is so short. She's shorter than Albert. That's short.