The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Nobility

i dont care for it.....JMO

Old 04-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anybody know something about the next exhibition of Grace in London and Rome?

Old 04-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Gentry

I have to agree with DuedePhiladelphia, I don't like the portrait. For me it does not capture the beauty and grace of Princess Grace. And Zubiaur I recived an email earlier this week from the Consulate General of Monaco in New York about the exhibition. The dates and locations for London and Rome are still not confirmed. So it is still not sure if the exhibition will be traveling to London or Rome. We can only hope.
They promised me to let me know as soon as there is more news about the exhibition.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Courtier

"Cartier pieces worn by Grace Kelly feature in special jewellery display"

Princess Grace's jewelry will join a Cartier display in Tokyo. 'Memories Of Cartier Creations' runs at Tokyo's National Museum until May 31.

Cartier pieces worn by Grace Kelly feature in special jewellery display

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
A new documentary about the death of Princess Grace will air on The Learning Chanel. The series is called, "Royal Inquest". This episode is named, "Fall From Grace". The program airs on April 18 and 19.
The above mentioned documentary will not air on April 18. I do not know why. I first learned of the air date for this program on TLC's website.
Royal Inquest : TLC

TLC has changed their schedule and there is no projected showing for this program. I have emailed TLC several times, inquiring about the new date for the showing of this program. I will keep TRF posted. Sorry!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Grace Awards Salute Winding Road To Fame - New York City, NY - Hamptons.com (8/05/2009)
Old 06-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Royal Highness

I'd like to raise the question which a few of us have mentioned on this thread from time to time - just when are we likely to see The Grace Kelly Years exhibition in some further venues? There have been several suggestions of further cities likely to house it, particularly London, but it is has gone very quiet in the last 6 months & I wonder if in fact we have seen the last of this wonderful collection. I'd be interested to know what other members think.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have heard this summer the exhibition goes to London and Rome,but till the last moment,there is no information about the date ,as happened last year in Paris
Old 06-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Gentry

I wrote to The Consulate General of Monaco in New York asking them if there is any news about the exhibition comming to London or Rome. On april 2nd I received this reply:

Dear Sir,

We apologize for the late response. Unfortunately, it took a while to get the information confirmed regarding the Princess Grace exhibition calendar. The locations London and Rome are still not confirmed yet, nor are the exact dates when the exhibit would be shown at these places. If we get the exact dates, we will let you know. I am sorry, that I can’t provide any exact information at this time. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Public Affairs Assistant

Consulate General of Monaco
565 Fifth Avenue, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10017
Tel: (212) 286-0500
Fax: (212) 286-1574
www.monaco-consulate.com
www.visitmonaco.com

I left out the name of the person who wrote this to me out of respect for this persons privacy.
I hope that we will find out more about the exhibition soon, as it would be a shame to not show the wonderful collection of personal items beloning to H.S.H Princess Grace.

I also want to say this, this is the second time I share a private email with you that I received from The Consulate General of Monaco in New york. And because we all Princess Grace and her family I am more than happy to do so. However the first time I was very surprised and somewhat upset to find MY email/post in the Grace Kelly forum on The Fashion Spot, without giving anyone permission to do so. (I am not a member of TFS) I know that some of The Royal Forum Members are also Fashion Spot members, but please don't copy my posts without asking my permission. As the moderators here are very strict on copyright I just want to say that I hold the copyright to this bit of information. Thanks for understanding (members and moderators)
Old 06-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the information about London & Rome. I hope we get a confirmation soon. I regularly check the web sites of the main galleries / museums in London such as the V & A, & they seem to have pretty extensive exhibitions already announced for the Autumn, so perhaps the venue may be a surprise one .
Old 06-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Courtier

Hi a long time ago I wrote an email to someone (I cant remeber now who) , but they told me that the exhibition wont get to london until 2010 , Im really sorry that I still dont have the email . it was some one from monaco, also I have seen the Cartier display in New york , some of Princess Grace jewlery was on show. it was really lovely
Old 06-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
Hi a long time ago I wrote an email to someone (I cant remeber now who) , but they told me that the exhibition wont get to london until 2010 , Im really sorry that I still dont have the email . it was some one from monaco, also I have seen the Cartier display in New york , some of Princess Grace jewlery was on show. it was really lovely
Yes that time scale seems more likely. I wonder what happens to all the exhibits between exhibitions/where they're stored & which get sent back to their owners.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

The kelly bag from The Grace kelly exhibition.A classic:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2cy5vea.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/1zqzu41.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/29asi80.jpg
Old 06-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post

Zubiar, I don't about you, but I prefer to choose a large Kelly's bag from first photo.
If I found, I would buy at once!
Thank you for photos.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

hmmn the hermes bag is indeed beautifu.

l however, the 2nd pic the gold bag hanging in the back is the one we like the best and then the quilted one.

Naturally the outfit dictates the bags as always Pss. Grace had impeccable style.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Royal Highness

Details of the opening times/location of "the Grace Kelly Years" exhibition in Rome
GLI ANNI DI GRACE KELLY Principessa di Monaco / THE GRACE KELLY YEARS Princess of Monaco - Fondazione Memmo - Palazzo Ruspoli, Roma, Via del Corso 418

I'm sure there will be some coverage & perhaps a visit from Albert, Caroline or Stephanie to open the event.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Gentry

How wonderful that the exhibition is comming to Rome!!!
Everyone should have a change to see it, it is simply divine!!!!

I also learned last week that there will be an exhibition in London

"Grace Kelly Style" exhibition -- Victoria & Albert Museum

I do hope so that there oneday will be a permanent exhibiton (or museum) for this
much loved Princess!!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:07 AM
Heir Apparent

It's great news, but the whole exposition of Grace Kelly Years, we could see only in Monaco and New York in 2007, it was a special date, 25 anniversry of her death.
There was a beautiful and interesting exhibition at the same time, in particular you might see Princess Grace's wardrobe and rare private photos of her youth and the others things.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:17 AM
Gentry

This is true, but as I understand it the Victoria and Albert museum
will focus on her wardrobe, so I'm guessing we still get to see all those
amazing gowns and jewels, can't wait!!

The exhibition in Monaco was once in a lifetime I think, I feel so very blessed
to have been in Monaco at that time and to have seen the exhibition!!
Those memories I will cherish all the days of my life!!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGrace View Post
This is true, but as I understand it the Victoria and Albert museum
will focus on her wardrobe, so I'm guessing we still get to see all those
amazing gowns and jewels, can't wait!!

The exhibition in Monaco was once in a lifetime I think, I feel so very blessed
to have been in Monaco at that time and to have seen the exhibition!!
Those memories I will cherish all the days of my life!!
You are a true a lucky woman!
If you have a possibility to visit the exhibition, please, you'll send your impressions and thoughts, may be the photos.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:04 AM
Gentry

Thank you queenofthelight, I do feel lucky to have been in Monaco but I'm not
a lucky woman but a lucky man...
And we are making plans to go to London next year, I will share my impressions and thought about the exhibiotn here on TRF