The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-18-2007, 07:22 AM
Royal Highness

Hi Ghislaine
Yes two of the dresses will be auctioned at Sotheby's Auction in New York this Autumn see link Grace, Princess of Monaco: Celebrating a Remarkable Life on the 25th Anniversary of Her Passing
That still leaves a lot of gowns to mount a rotating exhibition

Old 08-20-2007, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

In Germany a new book with a retrosprective on Grace's life will be published, it will contain the
pictures of Howell Conant and will come out on 10 September 2007, with 29,80 € not that cheap ,
but surely nice

Book cover

Old 08-20-2007, 04:58 AM
Nobility

Talking about books and princess Grace, does anyone know more details about the book that was written to accompany the exhibition in Monaco? There are so many books coming out this year, I lost track. TIA
Old 08-20-2007, 05:21 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you so much, Iceflower, for posting the news about the book here,
otherwise I would surely not have noticed the publishing of a book like
this. I'm looking forward to see this book as an homage to Grace.

Ghislaine, the book that has to do with the exhibition we've seen so many
wonderful pics of in this thread, is this one I think
http://i18.tinypic.com/4tyxieh.jpg
It was written by Frederic Mitterand and will also be published next month
at least in Germany.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Nobility

Thank you Romy, for your quick reply. I have found the book, wow, 300 pages... But, according to Amazon, not out until the end of September. Seems a bit odd, do they expect the foreign tourists visiting the exhibition to buy the French edition?
Old 08-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
In Germany a new book with a retrosprective on Grace's life will be published, it will contain the
pictures of Howell Conant and will come out on 10 September 2007, with 29,80 € not that cheap ,
but surely nice

Book cover
Thank you Iceflower. The cover looks fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
Thank you Romy, for your quick reply. I have found the book, wow, 300 pages... But, according to Amazon, not out until the end of September. Seems a bit odd, do they expect the foreign tourists visiting the exhibition to buy the French edition?
Ghislaine, I've visited other exhibitions hosted by the Grimaldi Centre in Monaco & the catalogues as well as audio handsets throughout the exhibition have been available in several languages.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:00 AM
Commoner

there will be one evening homage concerning the princess thanks on the chains Frenchwoman france3 on Monday September 3 to 20h50
it is an emission turned into direct of the princely palate in the presence of Albert and stephanie

there will be many images of files
Old 08-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Serene Highness

one tribute (spanish)
Inolvidable Grace Kelly : Tributo en imágenes a una dama real - Realeza de Mónaco
Old 09-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeme38 View Post
there will be one evening homage concerning the princess thanks on the chains Frenchwoman france3 on Monday September 3 to 20h50
it is an emission turned into direct of the princely palate in the presence of Albert and stephanie

Does anyone know if the homage will be broadcast on TV5 as well, for those outside France? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

Have just returned from visiting the exhibition at the Grimaldi Centre - it really is fantastic. What really struck me was the personal nature of many of the exhibits such as home videos of the young family, personal letters including Rainier's telegrams/notes to Grace just prior to their wedding and toys & nursery clothes belonging to Caroline, Albert & Stephanie. It's a huge exhibition which has been very thoughtfully put together to show the many sides of Grace. If you can get there it's really worth it & despite reports in the paper of record numbers visiting, the day I went, there was plenty of room to take in the various displays. The catalogue is fantastic too & available in French, English & Italian. On sale in the shop was a new DVD which features previously unseen footage ( as featured in the exhibition) There are also several new "Grace" books out - so my suitcase was pretty heavy coming home!
Old 09-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

ohhhh can you tell us the name of those books for those whom are unable to be there.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

Hi Glistening Seas, hope the following is helpful Grace Kelly:Princesse du Cinema by Stanislas Choko -I've just tracked this down on Amazon.fr. I think this is a very much revised version of an earlier title. It's got lots of great photos, & although its French text this consists mainly of captions.
Grace;Princess of Monaco, Edition Gazette de Monaco. A glossy paperback of approx 24 pages packed with photographs & French/English text. I'm not sure how you would obtain this outside Monaco - you could try contacting the Grimaldi Centre by email.
Grace Kelly by Stephan Bern Another French title containing glossy photographs, you can also track further details from Amazon.fr
The catalogue of the exhibition The Grace Kelly Years is by Frederic Mitterrand & seems pretty easy to obtain. Of all the titles noted this is the one to get!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeme38 View Post

Poeme38, have you seen that programme and if so, could you tell us a little
bit about it - or maybe anyone else has seen it and can do so?
Screencaps would also be great - I've only read a little part of the
interview with Steph in a German magazine, Steph was talking about how
much she loved her mother and how she felt Grace tried to raise her up.
More information would be great!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Serene Highness

25 years after her death, Grace Kelly's sense of style lives on

25 years after her death, Grace Kelly's sense of style lives on
Old 09-14-2007, 03:22 AM
Majesty

Monaco Revue -- The celebrity and lifestyle magazine with purpose

With so many high profile events this year to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Princess Grace's passing, it's rather surprising that the actual day she left this world should be so low key.

Strangely, the last time we checked, there was not even a memorial service planned at the church in which the principality's most famous consort lies, and it seems the only manner in which Monaco is marking this day (Sept 14, 2007) is by allowing its citizens free entry to the exhibition “The Grace Kelly Years”.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:21 AM
Nobility

Do anybody know why they did have memorial service for Princess Grace. They had one for Rainer.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody7058 View Post
Do anybody know why they did have memorial service for Princess Grace. They had one for Rainer.
A private service was held in the palace chapel today.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc View Post
Monaco Revue -- The celebrity and lifestyle magazine with purpose

With so many high profile events this year to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Princess Grace's passing, it's rather surprising that the actual day she left this world should be so low key.

Strangely, the last time we checked, there was not even a memorial service planned at the church in which the principality's most famous consort lies, and it seems the only manner in which Monaco is marking this day (Sept 14, 2007) is by allowing its citizens free entry to the exhibition “The Grace Kelly Years”.
I have to agree with you that things are rather low key today and that individuals who post pics and passing commentaries on Grace do not want to say a word about how the death of the Princess Grace impacted them if at all.It is a kindness I am certain she would have done for others. I guess pics are more about the person posting them than Grace herself and commentaries are not genuine. Otherwise the tributes would be pouring in and down.
I surmise the times have changed or people are complacent. May Princess Grace Rest In Peace.
Deo Juvante
Old 09-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Grace Kelly , Princesse de Monaco on TF1 tomorrow:

Grace Kelly, Princesse de Monaco - Magazines

Old 09-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
A private service was held in the palace chapel today.
No service for the public to pay their respects? I would think that would be appropriate.