The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anybody know will Australia cover the Funeral of Prince rainier on Friday?

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
who attend Europeans Royals includes Kings&Queens and Couples Crown Prince and Princess, Prince&Princess,Duke,Earl and Countess,etc. makes lists to attend funerals of Rainier

if have tv coverages of Prince Rainier in USA?

Sara Boyce
Sara,it just announced that Queen Sonja of Norway and Prince Andrew will be one of guests there.I think there will be more.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
According to a spanish magazine, King Juan Carlos will be attending.
Cool beans.. Has the Swedish royal family stated who will be going to Rainier's funeral?
Old 04-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

From GREMB,Prince Joachim will be there.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
According to the Scandinavian Royals MB it, Prince Joachim will represent the Danish royal contingent.

An "odd" mix of representatives to Rainier's funeral: A queen (Norway), and the younger brothers of two heirs to the throne (Andrew and Joachim for Charles and Frederik).

I would think that for someone of Rainier's position, who was the longest-reigning monarch the heads of each monarchy or their heirs could at least represent their respective families.
I agree with you Alexandria on each Royal House either sending the Monarch or at least the Heir.

Well I don't think King Harald won't attend the funeral due to his health condition, but Haakon could also attend with his mom. I'm sure Carl Gustav, Sylvia, and Victoria will attend the funeral, as well as King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia.

I'm surprised Princess Benedicte won't attend as she attended Grace's. Myabe the Belgian Kings and Queen Fabiola go to Monaco too. As well as Farah Diba, the Great Dukes of Luxembourg, the Greek Kings, and maybe Maxima & William Alexander.

Jacques Chirac will attend the funeral too.

I'm pretty sure lots of heads of state and personalities will attend the funeral.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Royal Highness

I hope a lot of people go because I have always heard that he was quite hurt that no royals came to his wedding.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure they will attend. We also have to keep in mind that the friends of the Princely Family will atttend.

A sad event :(
Old 04-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
I agree with you Alexandria on each Royal House either sending the Monarch or at least the Heir.

Well I don't think King Harald won't attend the funeral due to his health condition, but Haakon could also attend with his mom. I'm sure Carl Gustav, Sylvia, and Victoria will attend the funeral, as well as King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia.

I'm surprised Princess Benedicte won't attend as she attended Grace's.
In the Norwegian case, Haakon cannot go because I believe that there needs to be a Regeant in the country. So Queen Sonja is the best thing (since Harald obviously cannot go). Mette-Marit could accompany Queen Sonja if she so desired, or if the Norwegian court determined it necessary/beneficial for her to go.

I am surprised that in Denmark if Margrethe or Frederik could not go, that it was not Benedikte, rathan than Joachim, too. Benedikte, to me, seems like the next logical choice after Margrethe and Frederik as she has some history with the family even though she is not the monarch or the heir.

In Great Britain, I know Charles is on his honeymoon and I think he deserves it, but it would be one day out of his honeymoon. He postponed his actual wedding day to attend the Pope's funeral -- he can't take one day out of his honeymoon to attend Rainier's funeral? And if Charles is a no-go and the Queen does not travel out of the country for such occasions, then why not Prince Phillip? He represented Great Britain at Ingrid of Denmark and Claus of the Netherland's funeral (as well as Bernhard Sr.'s, I believe).
Old 04-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah I was also thinking of Prince Phillip because he knew Grace and Rainier, and also I think Anne could go because she was very close to Grace in the early 70s, she visited Monaco and even invited Grace and Rainier to her 1973 wedding.

I also think we might see Vittorio Emmanuel and Emmanuel Filiberto of Italy because they are very close to Rainier and Albert.

I heard on TV that it will be announced on Thurs. who will attend the funeral.

We might see Reza II too and who knows maybe the Yugoslav royals as they attended Grace's funeral and some balls in Monaco. Also maybe the Rumanian and Bulgarian ones.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

i have not heard anything about prince rainer's funeal except here on this thread. i cant find anything on tv news here in us. will his funeal be televise here in the us? if so, what channels or stations will have coverage?
Old 04-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
i have not heard anything about prince rainer's funeal except here on this thread. i cant find anything on tv news here in us. will his funeal be televise here in the us? if so, what channels or stations will have coverage?
Good questions.

I live in the US right now too mate. And there has been almost next to zero news coverage about Rainier, his death, and about funeral details. I think the US media only mainly covers the Windsors in the UK. And the US seems to view the other royal families around the world as second rate or not really worthy of coverage. Grace put Monaco on the map in the US. But sadly she has been dead for so many years. And it seems that Rainier's death has only had small coverage in the US.

I keep checking for more information about Rainier's funeral and who will all be attending. But I have only gotten some information from this thread. I'm really starting to doubt that the US media will cover his funeral in the same way they covered Charles and Camilla's wedding. But I do hope they will cover the funeral in some manner. Hopefully by Thursday we will be able to know who will be attending and if it will be shown in the US.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

Royal family of Japan attending funeral

Prince Hitachi (brother of Emperor Akihito) and his wife Princess Hanako will attend Prince Rainier's funeral..

Information found on www.japantoday.com
Old 04-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness

Schedule for Friday 15th April - Prince Rainier's Funeral

VENDREDI 15 AVRIL 2005

10h00
- Mise en place de la Famille Princière dans les Grands Appartements du Palais Princier

De 10h00 à 11h00
- Accueil des délégations au Palais Princier par le Chambellan de S.A.S. le Prince Souverain
- Recueillement devant la dépouille mortelle de Son Altesse Sérénissime le Prince Rainier III à la Chapelle Palatine du Palais Princier
- Condoléances à la Famille Princière
- Collation

De 11h15 à 11h30
- Départ à pied des Hautes Autorités en procession pour la Cathédrale

11h45
- Départ du cortège funèbre

De 12h00 à 13h30
- Cérémonie religieuse

13h30
- Retour de la Famille Princière en véhicule au Palais Princier

De 13h30 à 14h00
- Retour à pied des Hautes Autorités au Palais Princier

14h00
- Réception dans les Grands Appartements du Palais Princier (sur invitation)
- Départ à la convenance des chefs de délégation

18h30
- Messe pour la population en présence d'un représentant du Palais Princier

Information found on Monaco palace official website; www.palais.mc
Old 04-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Nobility

Thanks, Ianna for the info on the funeral. Do you have any idea if there's coverage in the U.S.?
Old 04-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I heard on TV today that the Swedish Kings will attend the funeral, also Andrew of GB, the Belgian Kings too, Queen Sonja, and Prince Joachim.

I also wonder if CNN will show the funeral LIVE. Who knows and they do...I've seen they've kind of had a small coverage of Rainier's death, the day he died, and also on Larry King Live.

Please if u know if the event will be televised in North America tell us.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I wanted watch CNN coverages!

Sara Boyce
Old 04-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Nobility

I hope we can see it live..I doubt the the Canadian stations will broadcast much but I am hoping CNN will..
I heard though that the German Tv Station ZDF ,station is showing it..
Old 04-13-2005, 01:53 AM
Aristocracy

It's times like these that I wish I was back in the UK and not going to university in US. I want CNN or some other cable network in the US to show the funeral as well. And preferably live as it happens. Here's to hoping...
Old 04-13-2005, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for these information.Does anybody know will it cover the funeral in Australia?
Old 04-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Thanks for these information.Does anybody know will it cover the funeral in Australia?
I'm not sure, but i dont think it will be televised live like the popes funeral and charles and camillas wedding. Prince Rainier wasnt very well known here, I think the most it will be just a normal news coverage. I could be wrong.