The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Gentry

Prince Rainier'body lies-in-state in the Palace's chapel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52611020.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	123509   Click image for larger version

Name:	52611014.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	123510   Click image for larger version

Name:	52611016.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	123511  

*E Luce Fu*
Old 04-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelle
At the Abaca site there are pics of the late Prince Rainier lying in Monaco Palace chapel . It makes me wonder whose idea it was to take pics like that. Thats awful:(. There should be some respect to P. Raineir:( :( :(

This is a normal thing to be done. At least here in Europe it is. It is an official thing. Like it has been done when Grace died ( or the pope as well). This is not a so called paparazi picture. It's an official photo.

It's very sad to see him anyway. Although I know it will be even more difficult when I'm in Monaco for the funeral.

Old 04-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
This is a normal thing to be done. At least here in Europe it is. It is an official thing. Like it has been done when Grace died ( or the pope as well). This is not a so called paparazi picture. It's an official photo.

It's very sad to see him anyway. Although I know it will be even more difficult when I'm in Monaco for the funeral.

I'm from Europe too and in my country there is similiar custom. When my aunt died (she had brain surgery so you can imagine how she looked) they opened the coffin & took pics of her. But what is the most sad her daughter had to watch it all. It was horrible.:(
Old 04-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelle
I'm from Europe too and in my country there is similiar custom. When my aunt died (she had brain surgery so you can imagine how she looked) they opened the coffin & took pics of her. But what is the most sad her daughter had to watch it all. It was horrible.:(
I'm very sorry about your aunt, Enelle.
I just wanted to point out that it is nothing special that these official photos of satesmen and such people in the coffin are published, just 2 or 3 of them for the rest of the world who does not have the chance to walk by the coffin and say goodbye.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not very fond these kind of pics, but they are official pics. Anyway you can see on the table his hat and gloves :(
Old 04-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness

It is a pretty common pratice to have an open casket. Even here in America they do it. When my father died, there was an open casket viewing. I know that some pictures were taken by my grandmother, but to be honest, I will most likely never have the desire to look at them. That's not how I want to remember my dad. I want to remember him as a healthy and happy person, not in a casket about to be laid in the ground. For that reason, I feel sorry for Albert, Caroline and Stephanie. But, I understand the reasonings why they do it. For the same reason that they had the Pope lying in state It's to give the public one last chance to see him and one last chance to say goodbye. I guess in a sense, it makes it seem more real. I know that's how I felt when my dad died. It was so surreal, until I looked at him in the casket and realized that yes, he really was gone.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Royal Highness

Tribute to Prince Rainier

Polfoto 10-04-2005 Mourners take shelter under umbrellas as they wait in front of Monaco's palace to pay a final tribute to Prince Rainier III, on a rainy Sunday April 10, 2005, in Monte Carlo. The late prince's funeral is to take place on Friday, April 15. (AP Photo/Eric Gaillard, POOL)

On the last photo you can see Baroness Elisabeth Ann de Massy (Prince Rainier's niece) with daughter coming to the Palace.

So sad looking on this photos..and rainy day..:(
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	123565   Click image for larger version

Name:	1b.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	123566   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	123567  
Old 04-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Aristocracy

A great man go away! My deepest condolance for The Princely Family & People of Monaco!
Old 04-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Nobility

Has anyone seen Princess Antoinette, Rainier's sister ?
Old 04-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the pics Ianna. They are sad:( . It`s normal to open the coffin, but it´s scary.
I´ve seen a video it´s in spanish,but...:o . I don´t know how to post it so i´ll try with the link, (i hope it works)www.clarin.com.ar/diario/2005/04/10/um/m-954759.htm. In there you have to click on "mas informacion,en:Video: en el palacio de monaco se rinde homenaje al principe"
Old 04-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Courtier

With all the conspiracies about Grace's death 20+ years later, even though Rainier's death was a long time coming and of natural causes, part of the reason for the images of his open casket lying in state might be to put such conspiracies to his death to an end. Sort of as "proof" or "evidence" that he has indeed died.

During the days after the Pope's death I read a story on Yahoo news about how it was suspected that Rainier was dead already but that the family wanted to wait a few days before announcing his death so that it wouldn't be split with the attention of the Pope's funeral. A terrible, terrible story but you just never know what people are going to write these days.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the pictures of Rainier lying in state with the mourners visiting. It is very sad, but I'm happy to see those paying respect even through the rainny weather.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:39 AM
Aristocracy

Adieu à notre grand patron - on va vous garder dans notre coeur à plus jamais.
We will always love you.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
Any word on who is attending his funeral yet?
According to the Royal Norwegian website Queen Sonja will represent Norway at the funeral.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
Any word on who is attending his funeral yet?
Prince Andrew will be there to represent the British Monarchy. Usually Charles would go, as the queen never attends state funerals, but since he'll be on his honeymoon, Andrew will go.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

According to the Scandinavian Royals MB it, Prince Joachim will represent the Danish royal contingent.

An "odd" mix of representatives to Rainier's funeral: A queen (Norway), and the younger brothers of two heirs to the throne (Andrew and Joachim for Charles and Frederik).

I would think that for someone of Rainier's position, who was the longest-reigning monarch the heads of each monarchy or their heirs could at least represent their respective families.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I would think that for someone of Rainier's position, who was the longest-reigning monarch the heads of each monarchy or their heirs could at least represent their respective families.
Definitly I agree. Heirs must go to the funeral (and also some queens), he was the longest reining monarch!.
I undestand the British Family, they have a lot troubles to get married, but why not Andrew and Wills?
I hope the other Royal houses send heirs or important people

I think that maybe Sofia and Juan Carlos will be in the funeral
Old 04-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Courtier

According to a spanish magazine, King Juan Carlos will be attending.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Gentry

help!!

Which European channels will broadcast P. Rainier's funeral???
Old 04-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

who attend Europeans Royals includes Kings&Queens and Couples Crown Prince and Princess, Prince&Princess,Duke,Earl and Countess,etc. makes lists to attend funerals of Rainier

if have tv coverages of Prince Rainier in USA?

Sara Boyce