Grimaldis with celebrities and other royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great pics and findings, Nina and tbhrc! :)

Caroline having fun with dancer Rudolf Noureiev:

xfwb2p.jpg

(PdV)

Grimaldi family with french actress very funny ! Jacqueline Maillan
(PdV)

3335bi.jpg

Antoinette with Roger Moore and his wife and Caroline together with Helmut Newton and Karl:

zloj7l.jpg
zlolc8.jpg

(HOLA, SEMANA)

Great pics everyone :)

The last one you posted Ice is great! Caroline with the 3 photographers who have taken/took the best pics of her. Next to Helmut is his wife June aka Alice Springs.

Jours de France - 1984 - with Prince Charles

zx6zw3.jpg

was and is Prince charles close to the Grimaldi's??

In the late 60s and 70s the Grimaldis (Rainier & Grace) were often seen with members of the British Royal Family like the Duke of Edinburgh, Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, and Prince Charles whether it was in Monaco or in the UK. The Duke of Edinburgh visited Monaco around 1967-1968, and later with Charles in 1977. Princess Anne was said to be very close to Princess Grace, she even invited her to her wedding in 1972.

Lord Snowdon did some wonderful portraits of Grace & Caroline in the early 70s. When Charles got married to Diana, Grace & Albert attended the wedding. However in the 70s the press liked to get Caroline and Charles together.

I haven't seen any picture of Charles again in Monaco since 1984, but I guess that doesn't mean he isn't close to the family. At royal events like weddings and such you can see pics of Albert and Charles usually talking and seated together (of course they're assigned seats).

monaco70s said:

The last one you posted Ice is great! Caroline with the 3 photographers who have taken/took the best pics of her. Next to Helmut is his wife June aka Alice Springs.
I'm glad you like it and I'm sorry for not having mentioned June/Alice in my description. At that moment I was too much concentrated on the question if I can call Kristina Tholstrup Roger Moore's "wife" or if they are an unmarried couple ;) :D About Albert and Charles - I would say it's because both have been single men for a long time, they did not appear in female company at royal events, so they were seated together quite often.

monaco70s said:
In the late 60s and 70s the Grimaldis (Rainier & Grace) were often seen with members of the British Royal Family like the Duke of Edinburgh, Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, and Prince Charles whether it was in Monaco or in the UK. The Duke of Edinburgh visited Monaco around 1967-1968, and later with Charles in 1977. Princess Anne was said to be very close to Princess Grace, she even invited her to her wedding in 1972.

Lord Snowdon did some wonderful portraits of Grace & Caroline in the early 70s. When Charles got married to Diana, Grace & Albert attended the wedding. However in the 70s the press liked to get Caroline and Charles together.

I haven't seen any picture of Charles again in Monaco since 1984, but I guess that doesn't mean he isn't close to the family. At royal events like weddings and such you can see pics of Albert and Charles usually talking and seated together (of course they're assigned seats).

Thanks for that info

Albert with Seal and Bjorn Borg in 1996:

10h0myd.jpg

(Bunte)

Pss Caroline and Stephanie with Michael Bolton when he perform at Red Cross Ball 1996.

I think M.Bolton looks very much like Andrea…;)

(profimedia,apl)

10zu136.jpg
10zu1oy.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you flowerpower, I had not seen the first one before. Michael Bolton does not only look like Andrea in these pics, on the first pic it looks as if he and Steph had the same hair style that night :D ;)

Prince Rainier and Pss Caroline with their especial guest Prince Charles, 2 day visit to Monte-Carlo in Mai 1977, don’t know why but Pss Grace is not in the pics?? Perhaps monaco70s our iceflower know?

(JDF, getty, Paris Match, PDV, getty)

111nm00.jpg

111nn2r.jpg
111noug.jpg

111nyxl.jpg

111o17p.jpg

The last two pics are just great..can't recall seeing it...Thanx for sharing, flowerpower!;)

The Duke of Edinburgh was also with Prince Charles during their May 1977 visit to Monaco.

You're right about Princess Grace not being there, maybe she wasn't there because she could have been in the US with Prince Albert since he was studying at Amherst during that time.

flowerpower said:
Prince Rainier and Pss Caroline with their especial guest Prince Charles, 2 day visit to Monte-Carlo in Mai 1977, don’t know why but Pss Grace is not in the pics?? Perhaps monaco70s our iceflower know?

(JDF, getty, Paris Match, PDV, getty)]
Well, me too I can't answer that question about Grace, but thanks for putting those pics together, flowerpower :) I wonder why both Caroline and Charles made that same gesture in the first pic?! ;)

Monacos70s
I don’t think Pss Grace was with Prince Albert in the US, because he was at one of the diner, check this pic
[/php]
monaco70s said:

The Duke of Edinburgh was also with Prince Charles during their May 1977 visit to Monaco.

You're right about Princess Grace not being there, maybe she wasn't there because she could have been in the US with Prince Albert since he was studying at Amherst during that time.

119ufew.jpg
(Cover)

That's right! He was there in one of the dinners during that visit. Like Ice, I really don't know the reason why Grace didn't attend.

maybe she was with Steph

Rainier and Grace with Michel Junot, is that Phillipe's father? - Ullstein Press

11rw29s.jpg
11rw2dc.jpg

monaco70s said:
Yes it does look like him ;)
That's quite interesting, I can't remember having seen any pics of him before, but on the second pic tbhrc posted, he looks quite similar to Philippe Junot today..

iceflower said:
That's quite interesting, I can't remember having seen any pics of him before, but on the second pic tbhrc posted, he looks quite similar to Philippe Junot today..

Well I've seen him in the pics taken at the engagement and wedding of Caroline and Philippe.

I think Philippe Junot maybe nowadays his father's age in those pics, and you're right about the resemblance.

monaco70s said:
Well I've seen him in the pics taken at the engagement and wedding of Caroline and Philippe.

I think Philippe Junot maybe nowadays his father's age in those pics, and you're right about the resemblance.
I also know those pics, but I must admit I've never paid attention on him before..:)

PG and PR with Karim Aga Khan (farabola)

World champion Formula I driver James Hunt of England receives some qualified advice from Princess Caroline of Monaco, Monaco Grand Prix 1977
(corbis)

140hf75.jpg

Princess Caroline of Monaco and three-time world driving champion Jackie Stewart share a joke as they walk through the pit area of the Monaco Grand Prix 1977

140hh1z.jpg

Princess Antoinette and Prince Rainier with singer Charles Aznavour at Red Cross Ball 2000
(profimedia)

14bhz6q.jpg

Prince Rainier and singer Michael Bolton, in RCB 1996
(profimedia)

14bi22p.jpg

Princess Caroline with Andrea Bocelli 2003
(fotobank)

14bi49f.jpg

Princess Grace and Baby Stephanie with Fred Astaire .
Source :polfoto

14c75s3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom