Grimaldis with celebrities and other royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very sad, I heard it on Television too. May he rest in peace, he has had a long and succesful life!

Here are two pics from 1982, Caroline is not photogaphed together with Claudia Cardinale, but they are
wearing the same dress, so I thought I could post it here nevertheless :)

ru2op2.jpg

(HOLA/ebay)

Princess Grace at the time she was dating Oleg Cassini (corriere della sera)
ru73mg.jpg
ru73w7.jpg

Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst-August with Germany's ex chancellor Gerhard Schröder and wife Doris at the Aids Gala in Berlin - 1998 - BUNTE

s31y6q.jpg

Cool pic - my buddy Gerd - hehehe.
Gerd and Ernie at one show - ohohoh:p;)

It's a fantastic picture. Caroline is absolutely elegant, and EA is even handsome...

Albert with Catherine Zeta-Jones in 1995. Does he look into her eyes or elsewhere?! ;)

s453b7.jpg

(DNB)

Okay, Sebastian, if you say so...;) :)
Here is a pic of Caroline together with Steffi Graf and Martina Navratilova and one of Albert with Michael Chang:

s5l211.jpg
s5l27k.jpg

(HOLA)

Interfoto, Keystone, medium

With Maria Callas and Aristoteles Onassis

sgs4fo.jpg

With Princess Diana

sgs4ko.jpg

With Princess Diana and Prince Charles

sgs4r7.jpg

sgs4rm.jpg

With Prince Philip

sgs4tt.jpg

With Francois Mitterand

sgs4zq.jpg

Medium, Keystone

With Pope Johannes Paul

sgs55u.jpg

sgs56c.jpg

With Ingrid Bergman

sgs590.jpg

sgs6it.jpg

sgs6j7.jpg

Last edited:
tbhrc said:
Medium, Keystone

With Pope Johannes Paul

sgs55u.jpg

sgs56c.jpg

I can't read the date. Is Caroline in black due to mourning Stefano?

Ann

Suonymona said:
I can't read the date. Is Caroline in black due to mourning Stefano?

Ann

I don´t think so. I tought it was a protocolar thing

Piewi said:
I don´t think so. I tought it was a protocolar thing
Everybody except the Queens of Belgium and Spain, the Archduchesses of Austria and (if I'm not mistaken) the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg have to wear black in the presence of the pope, those mentioned have the "privilege du blanc", the privilege to wear white in the pope's presence.

One question: Did Oleg Cassini went to Grace's funeral?

A woman is supposed to dress in black for a papal audience. Princess Diana also were black to her audience with the Pope.

What's your source?

I asked a community director for our archdiocese (yes, I'm Catholic) about this. She said she had never heard of such a thing. She said that "females have to wear skirts or dresses of 'modest covering'. Meaning that no pants were allowed on women or girls. One can wear a veil and bring items to be blessed, but they must be pre-approved".
She also said "If that is the case, why did neither Mother Theresa nor the current President Bush's wife Laura have to wear black when they meet with Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI"? It seemed to her that neither Pope had that policy.

While Diana might have worn it as a courtesy, given that she was Episcopalean and not Catholic, I still think Caroline was in mourning for Stefano. She wore black for a year.

Ann

Edit: Fixed name number

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth also wore black for an audience with the Pope, and she very rarely wears black unless she's in mourning. The papers in the UK were saying at the time that Catholic queens can wear white when they visit the Pope but non-Catholic ones are expected to wear black. No idea if that just applies to queens or to women in general, mind you.

It must apply to royalty then.

Since Caroline is 'only' a Princess, then it did not apply? What if she were a reigning Princess?

My friend said she would ask the bishop tomorrow (Thurs). I will post what he says and hopefully it will be a clear answer.

Ann

I'm not sure about the third pic of the second post of tbhrc, the pic from Medium, I don't think the woman photographed together with Onassis is Grace? What do you think?!

iceflower said:
I'm not sure about the third pic of the second post of tbhrc, the pic from Medium, I don't think the woman photographed together with Onassis is Grace? What do you think?!

I think you are right, Iceflower. I also think that woman isn't Princess Grace.

That black and white close-up is Maria Callas rubbing cheeks with Aristotle Onassis. You can tell from the photo a few up where she is standing with Grace and Onassis.

Ann

So we found the answer, thanks koko and Suonymona :)

APL

With Jerry Hall, Karl Lagerfeld and Ines de la Fressange

spdbnt.jpg

With Karl and Claudia Schiffer

spdbva.jpg

With Queen Silvia

spdcid.jpg

With Grand Duke of Luxembourg and his wife

spde2c.jpg

With Don Jaime de Marichalar ?

spdeop.jpg

APL

With Oleg Cassini

Original caption: Actress Grace Kelly and Oleg Cassini, who have become one of Hollywood's most romantically linked couples, stand for a photograph in the lobby of a theater during the premiere of "Rear Window," Miss Kelly's latest film. Cassini, the former husband of actress Gene Tierney, met Miss Kelly in France while she was making a movie abroad.

sphitd.jpg

sphixe.jpg

sphiyr.jpg

sphizp.jpg

Tbhrc, did the caption say when and where that pic with Queen Silvia was taken? That would be interesting to know..

Two pics of the family together with the beautiful Catherine Deneuve. And a pic of Grace having fun with David Niven.
suwt1t.jpg
suwumq.jpg
suwv0j.jpg

(HOLA, FIS)

The pic of Caroline and Silvia was taken on November 27th, 1995 in Versailles.

Hope this helps, btw great pics....

Catherine DEneuve looks a lot like Grace, although she hasn't the same magic.

APL

With Andy Warhol

svihc1.jpg

With Elizabeth Taylor

svihi8.jpg

With Jackie Kennedy

svihok.jpg

With Jerry Lewis

svihsk.jpg

With JFK

svj29y.jpg

svj2g5.jpg