Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

What a nice pic, Regina

Rainier and Albert with Bill Clinton in 2001:

(Majesty)

Old 08-15-2006, 01:30 AM
Courtier

Great find iceflower!

I didn't know Clinton had visited Monaco. Does anyone know if it an official State visit or did he just pop over from France?

Ann

Old 08-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Prince Albert with the actress Celest Holm, last saturday, in United States.

They were assisting to the 50th anniversay celebration of High Society movie production. (btw, I love Celest Holm's performance is this movie!).

(Hola.com)

Old 08-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Great find iceflower!

I didn't know Clinton had visited Monaco. Does anyone know if it an official State visit or did he just pop over from France?

Ann
I'm glad you liked it, Ann! Actually I'm not quite sure, the caption of the pic only says: "Prince Rainier and his son Albert receive Bill Clinton during his visit to Monaco on 17 October 2001". But I think that - as to the fact that Mr Clinton no longer was president at that time - such a visit can no longer be called an official state visit. I think only the leading representatives can make such visits.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:24 AM
Courtier

It sounds like it was official as it could be for a visit by a former USA President.

Its interesting that Albert doesn't seem to have received too many foreign officials in his (albeit short) reign. Is it a sign that he's not considered that important in the grand layout of political power or because he is yet too new to scene?

Or maybe he's been spending too much time with his blondes?

Thanks for the rest of the information ice.

Ann

I'm glad you liked it, Ann! Actually I'm not quite sure, the caption of the pic only says: "Prince Rainier and his son Albert receive Bill Clinton during his visit to Monaco on 17 October 2001". But I think that - as to the fact that Mr Clinton no longer was president at that time - such a visit can no longer be called an official state visit. I think only the leading representatives can make such visits.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
I've just had to remove several off-topic posts before the thread got totally derailed, now please get back on topic

Thank you.

Lady Jennifer
Monaco Moderator

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 09-24-2006, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

Nice to see your last pic, Tosca, thanks!

Grace with Sofia Loren:

(Bunte)
Old 01-16-2007, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Grace with French First Lady Claude Pompidou and French President Georges Pompidou at the Elysee Palace, Paris:

Pic
Old 01-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Grace with the late Queen Fabiola of the Belgians (ACI)
http://editorial.acionline.biz/downl....pp?id=2456726

And with Yvette Labrousse (otherwise known as the Begum) Aga Khan's fourth wife (ACI)
http://editorial.acionline.biz/downl....pp?id=2456233
http://editorial.acionline.biz/downl....pp?id=2456231
Old 02-20-2007, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

The Monegasque family with the Reagans and Julio Iglesias (from 1984 Paris Match)

http://e.desgranges.free.fr/caroline...-1814-1-84.jpg
http://e.desgranges.free.fr/caroline...-1814-2-84.jpg
Old 02-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Courtier

In the latter, Caroline does not look amused at President Reagan.

I wonder if he said something about Grace and it was still too early for Caroline?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:25 AM
Serene Highness

both girls look unhappy!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Aristocracy

In the first pic everybody seems to look at Nancy, how is in a soldierpose, maybe she said something funny...just joking...
Old 03-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Caroline Sitting next to Swedish tennis player Bjorn Borg(bruno press)
Old 03-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Grace with the late Queen Fabiola of the Belgians (ACI)
http://editorial.acionline.biz/downl....pp?id=2456726

And with Yvette Labrousse (otherwise known as the Begum) Aga Khan's fourth wife (ACI)
http://editorial.acionline.biz/downl....pp?id=2456233
http://editorial.acionline.biz/downl....pp?id=2456231
Nice finds, Tosca !
Is the giant lady the Begum ? Why is she called the Begum ? Are there several Begums or just one ?

In the first picture, with Queen Fabiola, is Grace pregnant ? Her outfit reminds me of the blue suit Caroline wore at her third wedding, and it's kind of wide around the middle part, just as Caroline's suit was... Very similar...

Grace has such style ! Truly inimitable... I read that she liked to wear turbans and hats and chignons so she could appear to be taller than any other woman near her. It didn't work with the Begum !
Old 03-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the pic of Grace with Queen Fabiola is from Grace's 1969 visit to Belgium.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Nice finds, Tosca !
Is the giant lady the Begum ? Why is she called the Begum ? Are there several Begums or just one ?
Thanks, iloveroyals!

The Begum ( I mean that giant lady) was a former Miss France named Yvette Labrousse. If I'm right, she worked as a shop assistant at the Galeries Lafayette in Paris, when she met the Aga Khan. I don't actually know if this was the same Aga Khan that had married Rita Hayworth.
Anyway Yvette became that Aga Khan's fourth wife, and she received the title of Begum. So there have been several Begums, including the present Aga Khan Karim's ex wives Lady Sarah Crocker Pole, known as Salima and Renate Thyssen-Henne known as Inaara.

Yvette was a steady presence at all events in Monaco, and according to the press, she was a good friend of Grace's.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Tosca, I found pictures of 2 begums, taken during the festivities surrounding Princess Caroline's first wedding. I see that Begum Yvette is often called (in Hola) la Begum madre. What is the equivalent of Begum in English ? Is it queen ? Does the Aga Khan have several begums at the same time or does he divorce one and marry another, which would explain why both begums would be present. If he divorces a begum, does she conserve her title ?
I did read that Yvette had a house in Cannes,and was a fixture of all galas at the time. But did she live with the Aga Khan ? I am still confused as what exactly a Begum is and why there were two at that gala. Thanks in advance for enlightening me !

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5...0125begum1.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5...autrebegum.jpg
Old 03-23-2007, 05:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
Tosca, I found pictures of 2 begums, taken during the festivities surrounding Princess Caroline's first wedding. I see that Begum Yvette is often called (in Hola) la Begum madre. What is the equivalent of Begum in English ? Is it queen ? Does the Aga Khan have several begums at the same time or does he divorce one and marry another, which would explain why both begums would be present. If he divorces a begum, does she conserve her title ?
I did read that Yvette had a house in Cannes,and was a fixture of all galas at the time. But did she live with the Aga Khan ? I am still confused as what exactly a Begum is and why there were two at that gala. Thanks in advance for enlightening me !

I think it could be because Yvette was married to the older aga Khan I sure he died whislt married to her,
and the other one is married to the younger one , I could be wrong !
Old 03-23-2007, 05:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals

You become BEGUM when you marry the Agha Khan. Agha Khan is a title, not a name.
But I think you remain Begum, even if the Agha Khan dies. In the second picture, the young couple, is the actual Agha Khan, with his "then" Begum (I think it was Begum Salima). So if the actual Agha Khan, was already Agha Khan in these pictures, it means that the former Agha Khan, married with the older lady, was dead, but his widow, was still Begum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
. I don't actually know if this was the same Aga Khan that had married Rita Hayworth..
No, Rita Hayworth married ALI Khan and not Agha Khan. Agha Khan is a title, and Rita's Hayworth husband called Ali Khan, was the son of the Agha Khan who married the Yvette and never become Agha Khan. I think it was Ali Khan's son who become, and still is the actual Agha Khan. Ali Khan's brother (from another mother) was Prince Saddrudin Khan, the famous ecologist, who died from cancer a couple of years before.