Grimaldis with celebrities and other royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tbhrc said:
APL

With Nancy Reagan

svj2vl.jpg

Isn't that Douglas Fairbanks jr on Nancy's right?

Ann

Some more pics:

Caroline with Christina Onassis - TopFoto

swzlf5.jpg

Grace with Al Pacino - Getty

swzlhf.jpg

Rainier sitting next to French President François Mitterand (Grazianeri)
sx21rn.jpg

Prince Albert with French actress Emanuelle Béart (grazianeri)

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone was being very careful where he put his hand!

Ann

tbhrc said:
The pic of Caroline and Silvia was taken on November 27th, 1995 in Versailles.

Hope this helps, btw great pics....
Of course it helps, thank you very much for telling me :) And I'm glad you liked my pics as well!

Princess Stephanie and Frank sinatra (Ebay Paris Match)

706yv.jpg

A very nice portrait Karl Lagerfeld made of Caroline, can't remember having seen it here before..:)

t6uus2.jpg
t6uxzb.jpg

(da)

iceflower said:
A very nice portrait Karl Lagerfeld made of Caroline, can't remember having seen it here before..:)

t6uus2.jpg
t6uxzb.jpg

(da)

I love the Karl's drawing !! It's a fine idea !! I love her drawing in general because every years he doing one for the French ELLE mags !!
Thanks Ice !

Sorry for not sharing your taste. The only thing I like from that picture is his signature...

However, bravo for your finding, Iceflower!

Princess Grace with artist Salvador Dalì, a household name in Monaco in those years (UPPA)
t7bklh.jpg

Princess Grace and Maria Callas (farabola)
t7c2ad.jpg

Love the pictures!

Off topic, to answer a question on what to wear to visit the Vatican:

Vatican protocol is very strict. Within the diplomatic world the term for the most formal criteria for protocol in dress and deportment is commonly referred to, world-wide, as Vatican Protocol. The church has always maintained the highest standards in these areas and has an established protocol for dress that is divided into three levels of formality for both men and women:

1. tenue pontificale;

2. formal dress; and

3. less formal dress.

For men an official visit to the Pope requires tenue pontificale, that is, full morning dress; formal dress requires a black business suit and black tie; less formal dress requires a dark business suit and a conservative tie.

For women, the most formal dress, again reserved for formal or official papal visits, requires a long-sleeved, full-length black dress with a black mantilla, with 'discrete and tasteful' jewellery. Formal dress for women requires a black calf or knee-length dress with long sleeves, or a black dress that covers the arms and a black mantilla without a comb. Less formal dress requires women to wear a conservative calf or knee-length dress with long sleeves.

See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/october/17/newsid_3966000/3966411.stm regarding HM Queen Elizabeth II's visit to John Paul II in 1980.

"There's going to be three or four women in white, and everybody else will be in black," he explained. "And those women are the Catholic queens and the grand duchess of Luxembourg, who have the special privilege of wearing white in the pontiff's presence or at his funeral. Everyone else will be in black, including other queens from other countries who aren't Roman Catholic. It's called the 'privilege du blanc', the 'white privilege,' to show that in the old days when the Vatican was a very old-fashioned monarchy, when a Catholic sovereign came his wife was entitled to wear white just as a little extra, a little extra gift to them protocolwise."
, from http://english.chosun.com/cgi-bin/printNews?id=200504080003, which someone has already mentioned.

Keystone Press

Princess Caroline and Frank Sinatra

v6stw4.jpg

with Vitas Gerulaitis

v6su3t.jpg

Nina8675 said:
I love the Karl's drawing !! It's a fine idea !! I love her drawing in general because every years he doing one for the French ELLE mags !!
Thanks Ice !
I'm glad you like it, Nina, and I would love to see his annual drawings :)

"Girls just wanna have fun..." - Steph with Cindy Lauper :)

vdinpt.jpg

(HELLO)

Great find Ice :) Imagine if they would have made a duet to that song, it would have been funny lol

Keystone Press

Princess Grace and Princess Caroline with Ingrid Bergman

viduhj.jpg

Princess Grace with Gina Lollobrigida in 1966 (OLYCOM)
vse3q8.jpg

Gina with Prince Rainier in 1963 (OLYCOM)
vse4bq.jpg

While not a known-to-us celebrity, does anyone have a photo of Rainier with the French actress he dated for years...before Grace?

Ann

monaco70s said:
Great find Ice :) Imagine if they would have made a duet to that song, it would have been funny lol
It would have been one of the best songs ever :D ;)

Grace once more with her old friend Frank and with the Earl of Mountbatten:

w8s2kx.jpg
w8rzft.jpg

(BUNTE, PdV)

Great pics, Nina! :)
Steph with Bob Geldorf in 1990:

wb585f.jpg

(medium)

Don't forget Eric Idle of the British comedy troupe "Monty Python". He's on the far right. (two left of Steph)

Ann

Prince Albert and David Niven
2325iy.jpg

Princess Stephanie, Prince Rainier with Liza Minelli
1801cj.jpg

Prince Rainier and Princess Grace at grand prix with kng Constantin of greece
2431py.jpg

(PDV)

fab pictures thanks for posting them

Suonymona said:
Don't forget Eric Idle of the British comedy troupe "Monty Python". He's on the far right. (two left of Steph)
Thanks a lot for adding that information, Ann!
And Nina, it's great to see that they had king Constantin as their guest. Thanks for posting!

Princess Grace with othres royals.....;) :)
(PDV)

with Queen Margareth of denmark
4159ph.jpg

with hussein of jordan
28936330bj.jpg

with King Juan Carlos
jk256st.jpg

with Aga Khan
589522lf.jpg

Great pics Nina, I realy like Grace's hairdo in the last pic. Just imagine how heavy that must have been.... ;)

With Prince Charles and Princess Diana - from Hola

x3g61k.jpg

x3g7cj.jpg

Hey tbhrc which year was that? And do you know if Princess Caroline and Princess Diana ever met after that? Was their relationship strictly 'profesional' or were they friends?

Those pics are from 1988, but sorry I don't really how their relationship was. I think it was just 'professional' as I have never seen any private pics of them.

Back
Top Bottom