Grace Levine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stanwix

Commoner
City
Wellesley
Country
United States
What ever happened to Grace Levine? Is she still a close cousin to Caroline? I remember at the time of the Junot wedding she was described as being very close with her aunt Grace and cousin Caroline. Does she still visit Monaco?
She was a beautiful girl in those years.

RE: Grace Levin

I was reading an article about Lizanne Kelly and it mentioned that her daughter Grace Levine had passed away a few yrs ago, it didn't say how or what year though. Evidently she had a Bed and Breakfast near the Phila. area and her brother Chris Levine now runs it. Sheryl

Oh I didn't know Grace Levine had passed away, that's sad.

Yes you could see her in many pics with Caroline and the family around 1975-1978. I wonder if she attended Caroline's 2nd wedding in 1983, one of Grace's sisters did attend the wedding, I think it was Lizanne.

Is the bed and breakfast run by the Levine family in the Poconos?

I don't know if that Bed and Breakfast in the poconos is run by the Levine family, I know they have one in the Phila. area. There is also a theatre award in the the memory of Grace Levine that is given to people in the theatre. Don't have any pictures but if you look up pictures of Princess Caroline's wedding to Junot, she is behind Caroline in a blue dress and hat. Not that many pictures of her though.

Abaca

Here's a pic of Grace Levine

jic8j8.jpg

was lizanne pregnant with grace when her sister grace married rainier???

tigerlilly2005 said:
was lizanne pregnant with grace when her sister grace married rainier???

Yes, and thus was unable to attend the wedding.

If she died, it's a mystery. I've googled and asked jeeves and done about every search imaginable. At the time of Prince Ranier's death, Chris LeVine, Grace's brother, said his mother attended the funeral and they were all doing OK but the loss was hard. There is nothing anywhere about the loss of Caroline's cousin or Grace's niece......This is really odd!

Only thing I ran into is on the Princess GRace Awards web page here in the US there are different awards given such as the Cary Grant Award and the Grace LeVine award. And now they mentioned that they have a new award called the Prince Rainier III award. So I deduce that she must have died but I also didn't find any information.

I did happen across the fact there is now a Grace LeVine Theatre award offered in conjunction with the Princess Grace awards. Prince Albert and Princess Caroline have both given it out.

It's so strange one can't find out more about this whole thing. Gracie LeVine was Caroline's age or thereabout.....Odd, very odd.

Seems we were both finding the same information! I also deduce she must have died.

Ennyllorac said:
Only thing I ran into is on the Princess GRace Awards web page here in the US there are different awards given such as the Cary Grant Award and the Grace LeVine award. And now they mentioned that they have a new award called the Prince Rainier III award. So I deduce that she must have died but I also didn't find any information.

maryshawn said:
If she died, it's a mystery. I've googled and asked jeeves and done about every search imaginable. At the time of Prince Ranier's death, Chris LeVine, Grace's brother, said his mother attended the funeral and they were all doing OK but the loss was hard. There is nothing anywhere about the loss of Caroline's cousin or Grace's niece......This is really odd!

I saw this news clip featuring the Kelly Parish in Philadelphia where they were holding a Memorial for Prince Rainier, whom they consider as an adopted son, at the time of his funeral in Monaco. Lizanne was there in Philadelphia, so I doubt that she was able to make it to Monaco.

Lizanne was wheelchair bound, quite shocking as she is only 73 and was considered the most athletic of the Kelly girls. She still is sharp and articulate though.

I also saw this article/program of Lizanne's school alumni homecoming. It mentioned that she did lose her daughter years ago, and that she now resides in a Senior Citizen community. What we all do not know is if Grace Levine died before her father, Donald. He died in 2000 from cancer. The only clue we have is that the Princess Grace awards started giving out the Grace Levine Theater award in 2001-2002. Still vague though as to who died first :(

Just a coincidence perhaps -- all the Kelly members named Grace died way too young!!! Princess Grace was named after her father's late sister who suddenly died when she suffered a heart attack while ice skating; she was in her early 20's, and Grace never met her. Then Grace Levine was named after her superstar aunt. Very sad facts, but another thing that seemed to bind them is that they were all known to be extremely beautiful.

i have some vidoes where grace levine gaves intervies about her royal cousin and aunt.they´re not very old.maybe 7 years.

we'd love to see that tigerlilly:)

tbhrc said:
Abaca

Here's a pic of Grace Levine

jic8j8.jpg

Ohh, she is very nice, she reminds me Caroline, the bottom part of the face, poor girl! Did she have children??? What a pity!!
I think she was Caroline's bridesmaid in her marriage with Junot, wasn't she??

fandesacs2003 said:
Ohh, she is very nice, she reminds me Caroline, the bottom part of the face, poor girl! Did she have children??? What a pity!!
I think she was Caroline's bridesmaid in her marriage with Junot, wasn't she??

There's a picture in one of the threads which showed Princesses Grace and Caroline sitting on the pavement (Caroline was smoking and talking to a man) with Prince Albert on Grace's side and a beautiful blonde lady in between Grace and Caroline. I think that's Grace Levine.

In the book "The Bridesmaids" by Judy Balaban Quine was a picture of Princess Caroline and some of her mother's bridesmaids in a 1985 reunion at a Beverly Hills restaurant. Also included were Lizanne, her daughter Grace and daughter-in-law/Chris' wife (who was beautiful). Grace was identified as Grace Levine Packer. I don't know though if she was still married to the guy when she died.

Also, when Caroline and Ernst married and were featured as the cover story of People Magazine, Grace Levine was in the article. She was quoted as saying that "they (Caroline and Ernst) compliment one another." So it seems like she was close to Caroline still and had the chance to know Ernst.

royrrules said:
There's a picture in one of the threads which showed Princesses Grace and Caroline sitting on the pavement (Caroline was smoking and talking to a man) with Prince Albert on Grace's side and a beautiful blonde lady in between Grace and Caroline. I think that's Grace Levine.

Yes it is Grace Levine, that pic was taken during the 1976 or 1977 US elections and they were in Paris apparently that night.

It's so strange we didn't hear anything about her death, but then again in the last years the family and the Palace haven't been very open to the press and media like they were before, and Grace Levine was just a normal person who had famous relatives. It's sad to hear about the news of her death.

I wonder if she attended Caroline's wedding with Stefano?

Does anyone know if Kell had children? Last year it was 20 years of his death.

monaco70s said:
Yes it is Grace Levine, that pic was taken during the 1976 or 1977 US elections and they were in Paris apparently that night.

It's so strange we didn't hear anything about her death, but then again in the last years the family and the Palace haven't been very open to the press and media like they were before, and Grace Levine was just a normal person who had famous relatives. It's sad to hear about the news of her death.

I wonder if she attended Caroline's wedding with Stefano?

Does anyone know if Kell had children? Last year it was 20 years of his death.

Could someone post the link for this pic??? Thanks

tigerlilly2005 said:
i really wann see more pics of her

Mentioned election night..(Abaca)
k06p38.jpg

Princess Caroline wedding to P. Junot..I think she's in light purple/blue dress behind Caroline..(Ebay)
k06q2q.jpg

I'm not sure, but think she's also with Caroline (and Albert) on these photos (Correct if I'm wrong to delete them)..At Monaco Beach club..(ACI, Ebay)
k0fqdf.jpg
k0fr60.jpg

From past articles I have read, Kell I believe had 6 children. I know he divorced his wife Mary Kelly and married a younger woman in 1977??? Earlier he had been involved with a transexual named Harlow who was absolutely gorgeous, he wanted to run for mayor or something like that in Phila. and his mother Mrs. Kelly threatend to expose the relationship and he dropped out.

Kell married in 1981, there are pics of Grace, Rainier, and Albert in the wedding.

I also read he got a heart attack while jogging and that's how he died.

Great pics Ianna :) I have a pic of Caroline and Grace Levine at a party held in a club on the mid 70s.

Kell died in 1985 and was only 57. Margaret Kelly died in Jan. of 1990 and Peggy Kelly Conlan the oldest died in Nov. of 1991, only in her 60's and was an alcoholic. Lizanne is the only one who made it into her 70's. I can't imagine being the only one left in a family, but what a life she had!

Indeed poor Lizanne and to all those losses, add the loss of her daughter Grace :( Do u happen to know what was the cause of her death?

Back
Top Bottom