The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-21-2006, 09:29 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Caroline, Prince Albert, and Princess Stephanie have lost 2 first cousins, both women, at a young age to cancer, Grace Levine and Christine de Massy. Also, they lost a male cousin at an early age in a plane or helicopter crash. Albina de Bois. (? I can't remember the spelling), who is a cousin of Prince Rainier, very close to Princess Caroline, her son. Unbelievable!

Old 05-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra65
I was just talking to my sister that lives near the B&B. She recalled that there was a male business partner when she bought into the business. It was so long ago that she can't recall his name. He wasn't her husband & in fact she doesn't recall ever hearing of a husband. She seems to recall him being involved with horses (such as show jumping or polo not racing)but she isn't sure. This may be the man I am remembering from the article.
Grace Levine's father, Donald, trained horses (after a serious stomach surgery forced him to leave his career as a successful stockbroker). It could be Donald, who passed away a year after her daughter's death and also from cancer, who was being referred to as the man involved with horses.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Nobility

i found these pictures while looking through old caro pic threads.

source: HOLA

Old 05-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Nobility

She was quite attractive. I think she resembles Princess Grace in the shots where we see her is profile.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
She was quite attractive. I think she resembles Princess Grace in the shots where we see her is profile.
She does resembles Princess Grace evne more than Princess Stéphanie and Princess Caroline. Maybe the hair colour !
Old 05-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia
She does resembles Princess Grace evne more than Princess Stéphanie and Princess Caroline. Maybe the hair colour !
Oh yes. I think Princess Caroline looks like her grandmother Princess Charlotte. Princess Stephanie looks like her dad. Prince Albert is the one that looks like a Kelly.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Gentry

I agree. PA does look like a Kelly. There is a picture of him from the 70's with Princess Caroline and Grace LeVine. In it, he certainly looks more like Grace than Caroline.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

When was the last time Caroline and Grace Levine were photographed together ? It seems it was at Caroline's wedding with Philippe Junot when Grace was a witness. The year Grace lived in Paris with Caroline, they were so often phtographed together, as if they were inseparable. And then, suddenly, nothing. What happened ?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
When was the last time Caroline and Grace Levine were photographed together ? It seems it was at Caroline's wedding with Philippe Junot when Grace was a witness. The year Grace lived in Paris with Caroline, they were so often phtographed together, as if they were inseparable. And then, suddenly, nothing. What happened ?
Grace Levine apparently died of cancer a few years ago. I don't have the date but I am certain that she died.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

I know she died in 1998 or 1999, but the reason I ask is that they were never photographed again together after the wedding (as far as I know). I would have thought Grace would have continued to be a frequent guest of Caroline's, or that Caroline would have spent time with her in the U.S and there is no photographic record of that.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
I know she died in 1998 or 1999, but the reason I ask is that they were never photographed again together after the wedding (as far as I know). I would have thought Grace would have continued to be a frequent guest of Caroline's, or that Caroline would have spent time with her in the U.S and there is no photographic record of that.
I imagine there are photos of these visits, but remember that these were private family visits. They are probably in the Kelly family photo albums.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

I know these contact sheets are really faded ( I think they are from 1978), they come from the Philadelphia Inquirer. Hope they are of interest.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:49 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for posting the contact sheets !! great pictures!!
Old 09-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Nobility

Grace LeVine certainly was a pretty girl. Such a shame to die so young. Thanks for sharing the photo sheets.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Grace LeVine certainly was a pretty girl. Such a shame to die so young. Thanks for sharing the photo sheets.
How old was she again ? when she died
Old 09-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
How old was she again ? when she died
She was about the same age as Caroline, so she was 42,43 maybe.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Gentry

Those photos (contact sheets) of Grace Levine are wonderful. Incredibly beautiful young woman in these photos.

My God, she really resembled Princess Grace, and of course, her Mother, Lizanne, who was also stunning when she was younger.

I saw pics of Grace Levine's brother, Chris, in Monaco for Prince Rainier's funeral. He is still (late 40's) a very good looking guy. No doubt had Grace Levine lived she would too still be quite the beautiful woman.

Many of the Kelly family today (subsequent generations) are themselves quite good looking people - there was an illustrated article on them I read about 2 or 3 years ago. Don't forget, the Kelly genes also include Ma Kelly's (Maiden name: Majer) German blonde good looks and great bone structure.

By the way, is it just me, or did Princess Grace look more and more German as she got older? I think she did.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

I have one more contact sheet of Grace Levine, walking around the Penn campus, plus an interview she did for the Philadelphia Inquirer, and another interview from another cousin (from another sister of Grace), who chose at the time to be, a baker ! I'll post them soon. As I said in another post (how did you become interested in royalty), it always moved me to see Grace in the Penn hallways, knowing the glamorous life she had just returned from in Paris. She seemed such a lovely, lovely girl, a little shy and subdued, but with that innate elegance of the Kellys.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Sorry, correction, I think I talked about seeing her in Glimpses of Royals
Old 09-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie
Don't forget, the Kelly genes also include Ma Kelly's (Maiden name: Majer) German blonde good looks and great bone structure.

By the way, is it just me, or did Princess Grace look more and more German as she got older? I think she did.
How does one look "German"? I realize that tall, blond German actors can only play Nazis if they make it to an American film studio at all but there are not many of us who look that way. It's an old Nazi myth still intact in the US, nothing else.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.