Grace Levine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I guess that solves the mystery. Thanks for the article.

thanks a lot for that important piece of info. quite sums up all the questions we had. another question though -- did any of her royal cousins attend the funeral?

Thanks for solving that mystery! I don't think any royal attended or it would have been on the news. they probably sent a condolense letter or flowers. who knows?

I am not sure if any of her royal cousins attended the service. I did not look for an article about the actual memorial, just for an obituary. I almost did not want to post the article. She is a very compelling person. I hope people won't stop talking about her. Sweetwater Farm has a website if you want to see her home.

yes too young, too beautiful, too loving to die

Tigerlilly . . . do you have a link to the video of Grace Levine that you mentioned earlier in this thread? If so, please share! We would all like to see pictures of her.

I found an article from the online New York Times entitled "Evening Hours: Why have a Party? To open a film or to aid artists" dated May 18, 2006, in which Grace Levine-Packer is quoted at an award ceremony this year. I'm sorry I don't know how to post a link. I've copied the link down and transcribed it, but I found it through a google search for "Grace Levine Packer".
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE2D71431F935A15750C0A96F948260
Anyway I hope it works for you all.
Here is a transcription of the quote: "The Princess Grace Foundation gives an award, endowed by the Junior Division, to a young performing artist. 'Last year's award recipient was Dennis Rees, a theater student at Carnegie-Mellon University, who had run out of money and was living in the locker room,' said Grace Levine-Packer, a niece of the late princess."

miss j said:
I found an article from the online New York Times entitled "Evening Hours: Why have a Party? To open a film or to aid artists" dated May 18, 2006, in which Grace Levine-Packer is quoted at an award ceremony this year. I'm sorry I don't know how to post a link. I've copied the link down and transcribed it, but I found it through a google search for "Grace Levine Packer".
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE2D71431F935A15750C0A96F948260
Anyway I hope it works for you all.

If you check the article, you'll see that it's from the archives and was originally published on March 26, 1989. The other date was yesterday as being the current date of the website. Hope that helps. :)

thanks Julianneneville for posting that information about grace

julianneneville said:
Tigerlilly . . . do you have a link to the video of Grace Levine that you mentioned earlier in this thread? If so, please share! We would all like to see pictures of her.

:( sorry i havn´t a link.it was on a video cassette. a friend send it me.and i saw some scene´s of the interview in some other documentations about the grimaldi´s .

I think she was married at some point, even though nothing was mentioned in the obituary. I saw an article from the 80's/90's about Grace LeVine Parker appearing on behalf of the Princess Grace Foundation when the Princess' girlhood library honored her with a stamp or something. I really did not read it very carefully. I tried to find a wedding announcement for her but could only find one for her brother Christopher who is a stockbroker in Philadelphia.

Hi Everyone. I am a new member here but I have been a visitor to this sight for a couple of months now. I was going to post to let you know that Grace passed away from cancer but the Inquirer obit was posted first. I believe it was either ovarian or breast cancer. Such a shame. I am glad to see Sweetwater Farm is still in the family. I assumed it had been sold. My sister lives about a mile away from it and it is a beautiful property. In fact if you google Sweetwater Farm you can view pictures of the place inside and out.

Libra65, do you know anything else about her? Was she married at any time, etc.?

I thought she had a husband, but since the obit from the Inky didn't list one, I have to wonder. I think Grace kept a pretty low profile. I remember reading about her buying the B&B from Linda Kaat. Linda was the former wife of onetime Phillies pitcher Jim Kaat. I don't remember what local paper I read the article in, but that is where I got the impression she was married. Perhaps she got a divorce after she bought the place. Sorry I can't enlighten any further. I will try to dig around for more but it has been a few years.

Thanks everyone for the information about Grace Levine. It's really sad that she passed away. :(

Yes, it's so sad. She was so beautiful.

julianneneville said:
Libra65, do you know anything else about her? Was she married at any time, etc.?

I was just talking to my sister that lives near the B&B. She recalled that there was a male business partner when she bought into the business. It was so long ago that she can't recall his name. He wasn't her husband & in fact she doesn't recall ever hearing of a husband. She seems to recall him being involved with horses (such as show jumping or polo not racing)but she isn't sure. This may be the man I am remembering from the article.

Thanks for the additional research. I apologize for not checking the info further myself. Seems Dennis Rees is a graduate now and pursuing his craft...he's had a small role in Kate and Leopold and a role in the TV series Law and Order...not a starving student living in the locker room, for sure. It seems the Princess Grace Foundation does great things for aspiring actors.
Jo of Palatine said:
If you check the article, you'll see that it's from the archives and was originally published on March 26, 1989. The other date was yesterday as being the current date of the website. Hope that helps. :)

Princess Caroline, Prince Albert, and Princess Stephanie have lost 2 first cousins, both women, at a young age to cancer, Grace Levine and Christine de Massy. Also, they lost a male cousin at an early age in a plane or helicopter crash. Albina de Bois. (? I can't remember the spelling), who is a cousin of Prince Rainier, very close to Princess Caroline, her son. Unbelievable!

libra65 said:
I was just talking to my sister that lives near the B&B. She recalled that there was a male business partner when she bought into the business. It was so long ago that she can't recall his name. He wasn't her husband & in fact she doesn't recall ever hearing of a husband. She seems to recall him being involved with horses (such as show jumping or polo not racing)but she isn't sure. This may be the man I am remembering from the article.

Grace Levine's father, Donald, trained horses (after a serious stomach surgery forced him to leave his career as a successful stockbroker). It could be Donald, who passed away a year after her daughter's death and also from cancer, who was being referred to as the man involved with horses.

i found these pictures while looking through old caro pic threads.

source: HOLA

10gh1s2.jpg

10gh20i.jpg

10gh21k.jpg

She was quite attractive. I think she resembles Princess Grace in the shots where we see her is profile.

libra65 said:
She was quite attractive. I think she resembles Princess Grace in the shots where we see her is profile.
She does resembles Princess Grace evne more than Princess Stéphanie and Princess Caroline. Maybe the hair colour !

assia said:
She does resembles Princess Grace evne more than Princess Stéphanie and Princess Caroline. Maybe the hair colour !

Oh yes. I think Princess Caroline looks like her grandmother Princess Charlotte. Princess Stephanie looks like her dad. Prince Albert is the one that looks like a Kelly.

I agree. PA does look like a Kelly. There is a picture of him from the 70's with Princess Caroline and Grace LeVine. In it, he certainly looks more like Grace than Caroline.

When was the last time Caroline and Grace Levine were photographed together ? It seems it was at Caroline's wedding with Philippe Junot when Grace was a witness. The year Grace lived in Paris with Caroline, they were so often phtographed together, as if they were inseparable. And then, suddenly, nothing. What happened ?

iloveroyals said:
When was the last time Caroline and Grace Levine were photographed together ? It seems it was at Caroline's wedding with Philippe Junot when Grace was a witness. The year Grace lived in Paris with Caroline, they were so often phtographed together, as if they were inseparable. And then, suddenly, nothing. What happened ?

Grace Levine apparently died of cancer a few years ago. I don't have the date but I am certain that she died.

I know she died in 1998 or 1999, but the reason I ask is that they were never photographed again together after the wedding (as far as I know). I would have thought Grace would have continued to be a frequent guest of Caroline's, or that Caroline would have spent time with her in the U.S and there is no photographic record of that.

Back
Top Bottom