Grace Levine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can not find anything on Grace Levine's death either. The only article that mentions it is the one of Lizanne's High school reunion which mentioned it but no cause of death or when it happened. I just finished Once Upon a Time a few months ago and nothing was mentioned in that book about it which was written in 2003.

Ianna said:
Mentioned election night..(Abaca)

Princess Caroline wedding to P. Junot..I think she's in light purple/blue dress behind Caroline..(Ebay)

I'm not sure, but think she's also with Caroline (and Albert) on these photos (Correct if I'm wrong to delete them)..At Monaco Beach club..(ACI, Ebay)
k0fr60.jpg

This photo is touching. They are so similar, like real sisters, and Caroline looks soo much like Charlotte.

Ianna said:
Mentioned election night..(Abaca)
k06p38.jpg

Princess Caroline wedding to P. Junot..I think she's in light purple/blue dress behind Caroline..(Ebay)
k06q2q.jpg

I'm not sure, but think she's also with Caroline (and Albert) on these photos (Correct if I'm wrong to delete them)..At Monaco Beach club..(ACI, Ebay)
k0fqdf.jpg
k0fr60.jpg

Wow, they are so similar, don't you think?? Caroline and her cousin look as if they were sisters....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Olka said:
Wow, they are so similar, don't you think?? Caroline and her cousin look as if they were sisters....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Definitely! And much more so than Caroline and Stephine :eek:

Grace Levine really reminds me of Charlotte & Grace Kelly.
I wish we had more information...
I've searched as well and have come up with the same information.

lashinka2002 said:
Grace Levine really reminds me of Charlotte & Grace Kelly.
I wish we had more information...
I've searched as well and have come up with the same information.

All pics we have are when she was max 21. Do we have any recent? I mean from the 80s or the 90s???.

TIGERLILLY you saw her on the video she should be around 40, was she still beautifull?

Not trying to stir the pot but is it possible that her death has something to do with drugs or something else that is considered taboo so the family has kept it all very secretive? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did some searching on Google and found out that her nickname is "Ginna" and there was a link that put me back to this forum with a link to pictures of her and someone named Kelly Levine. Both are pictured with Pr. Albert at the 2005 Princess Grace Awards on Oct 26, 2005 in New York. All the pictures were from WireImage. She is on the first page, 7th row down, 4th picture.
The thread was listed under HSH, Prince Albert-part XV.
Not sure if this is the same person or not, but it looks like her and she looks very much alive!:rolleyes: unless something happened to her since then, that is.

There was one of many articles I read about the Oct. Princess Grace awards and the picture of the 2 girls are of his 2 nieces, they were either Grace Levine's children or her brother Chris's children. Also, Grace Levine was born in May of 56 which would have made her 50 this year.

sherylal24 said:
There was one of many articles I read about the Oct. Princess Grace awards and the picture of the 2 girls are of his 2 nieces, they were either Grace Levine's children or her brother Chris's children. Also, Grace Levine was born in May of 56 which would have made her 50 this year.
Good reason why she looks like her!:D

I need to make a correction, the 2 girls are either Grace Levines or Chris Levine's daughters, Grace and Chris Levine are Albert's cousins so I guess the girls would be his second cousins and not his nieces. Sorry for the confusion.

Look up the name Lizanne kelly on line and a website will be on there that says "Class Of". Hit that and scroll down to her name and there will be a paragraph about her life and the death of her daughter Grace Levine (Gracie).

I Googled the B & B and it came up looking like it was under new ownership. Grace Levine and her husband (a polo player) must have managed it together. No mention of Chris Levine anywhere. How sad she died so young.

Sorry, but I am quite confused.
So is Grace Levine (the cousin of Princess Caroline) dead or not? :confused:

royrrules said:
Just a coincidence perhaps -- all the Kelly members named Grace died way too young!!! Princess Grace was named after her father's late sister who suddenly died when she suffered a heart attack while ice skating; she was in her early 20's, and Grace never met her. Then Grace Levine was named after her superstar aunt. Very sad facts, but another thing that seemed to bind them is that they were all known to be extremely beautiful.

so much for the infamous 'Grimaldi curse'.. seems like it should be more of a 'grace kelly' curse..

by the way, thanks for the pictures: what a beautiful girl she was, just stunning, even more so than Caroline. So sad her life ended prematurely. I wonder what year she died, as she according to the post above, commented on the relationship between Ernst and Caroline, which didn't start until after '95, right?

To melissajames, Yes, Grace LeVine is dead but the mystery is that no one can find any more info. on when and how she died. The only mention of it is in an article about Lizanne Kelly.

sherylal24 said:
To melissajames, Yes, Grace LeVine is dead but the mystery is that no one can find any more info. on when and how she died. The only mention of it is in an article about Lizanne Kelly.

Thank you for clearing that up. :)

um....looks like my theory that her death surrounds something taboo or had the potential to be made into some sort of scandal by the press....:rolleyes:

melissajames said:
Thank you for clearing that up. :)

um....looks like my theory that her death surrounds something taboo or had the potential to be made into some sort of scandal by the press....:rolleyes:

Or maybe she was just a normal person who had famous relatives who died young. No scandal necessary. At the time, it was probably mentioned in the press but because "she" isnt' famous its hard to find info on her.

Here's another pic of young Grace Levine..She was very beautiful blonde girl (Paris Match)

xpyhbn.jpg

Ianna said:
Here's another pic of young Grace Levine..She was very beautiful blonde girl (Paris Match)

xpyhbn.jpg

Looks like she could have easily had a career as a model, judging by that picture. Since you dug this up in a French magazine, perhaps our French members would remember or know or heard what happened to her?
How sad for Caroline to lose a family member who was also a great friend of hers. Perhaps Caroline's ever commented about it in an interview maybe? (I know that chance is small as Caroline doesn't seem to be doing interviews any more..)

The only thing I could find of Grace Levine was that her name is also hyphened as Grace Levine-Packer.

Grace Levine and Caroline spent as least some of their summers together when they were growing up. You will sometimes see Grace in photos of Caroline as a young teen, especially at the MC beach club.

Was Grace Levine popular at any point in her life or involved in any activities?

Nobody seems to know anything about her which creates this a mystery!

I so want to know more about her !! the plot thickens!

Grace LeVine's Obituary Notice

I found this in the Inquirer's archives:

Philadelphia Inquirer, The (PA) - October 10, 1999
Deceased Name: GRACE LEVINE, 43, NIECE OF PRINCESS GRACE Grace C. LeVine, niece and namesake of Philadelphia-born Princess Grace, died Wednesday at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania after a brief bout with cancer. She was 43.
''She made friends wherever she went,'' said Ms. LeVine's brother, Christopher. ''She was very bright, easygoing, and had a wonderful laugh.''
Ms. LeVine owned Sweetwater Farm, a bed-and-breakfast in Glen Mills in Chester County. She lived at the inn and treated her guests as family, her brother said.
''I don't even think she had a key to it. Everyone just walked in,'' Mr. LeVine said. ''It was that kind of place - very warm.''
Ms. LeVine was also the granddaughter of former Councilman John B. Kelly Jr.
Ms. LeVine graduated from Harriton High School in Rosemont and attended the University of Pennsylvania. She spent her freshman year at Franklin College in Lugano, Switzerland; her sophomore year at Georgetown University in Washington and her junior year at the University of Paris.
With sea-blue eyes and ash blond hair, she had a striking resemblance to her famous aunt. While attending school in Paris, Ms. LeVine lived in an elegant Grimaldi townhouse on a secluded square off Avenue Foch.
The princess often resided there, looking after her niece and daughters Stephanie and Caroline, who had been a philosophy student at the Sorbonne while Ms. LeVine was there as well. According to news reports at the time, the two women were trailed by photographers through Paris and Monaco.
''We got to be pretty good at ditching them,'' Ms. LeVine told a Philadelphia reporter in 1977. ''Sometimes when we were driving, we'd stop some stranger and say 'Oh, sir, please help us - we're being followed.' He'd then block the photographer's car, and we'd zip off.''
In 1978, Ms. LeVine's cousin, Princess Caroline, married Philippe Junot, a jet-setting financier. Ms. LeVine traveled to Monaco to be Caroline's witness at the civil service in the chapel of the palace in Monaco.
Ms. LeVine is survived by her father and mother, Donald C. and Lizanne K. LeVine, sister of Priness Grace; and her brother, D. Christopher LeVine. Lizanne LeVine is the daughter of the late John B. Kelly Sr. and sister of former Councilman John B. Kelly Jr.
A memorial service for Ms. LeVine will be held at noon Monday in Trinity Presbyterian Church, 640 Berwyn Ave., Berwyn. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made in Ms. LeVine's name to Thorncroft Therapeutic Horseback Riding, 190 Line Road, Malvern, Pa. 19355.Philadelphia Inquirer, The (PA)Date: October 10, 1999Edition: D CITYPage: B09Record Number: 9910120073Copyright (c) 1999 The Philadelphia Inquirer

Back
Top Bottom