Grace Levine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if Caroline stayed close to Grace Levine and Lizanne after they talked to James Spada for Princess Grace's biography.
I think Caroline didn't really appreciate that.
Does anyone know if it did something to her relationship with the Kelly's?

James Spada´s sources are totally secret. Lizanne and Grace Levine never talked with Spada for that book. I have readed it.

Lizanne and her daughter Grace were quoted a lot on James Spada's book.

As much as the over-all approach of this biography was to unearth Grace's alleged sexual nature behind her virginal facade -- he focused a lot on Grace's suspected Hollywood affairs especially with married, older men --I did enjoy reading about Lizanne and Grace's recollections. For example, I remember reading about Princess Grace asking her niece to spend time with Caroline in Monaco when her marriage to Junot was crumbling. Also enjoyable to read about was Lizanne's first impression of the Palace; she wasn't able to attend the wedding because she was about to give birth to Grace Levine, and was very awed by the grandeur of Palace life when she visited Monaco for the first time.

The book "Grace, The Secret Lives of a Princess" by James Spada may have tried to tarnish Grace's reputation, but Lizanne and Grace's contributions whether from actual interviews or quotes from prior articles did not fuel what the author was trying to convey. Lizanne for example was not quoted confirming rumors about her sister's affairs or criticizing Rainier or Grace.

Also, on "Once Upon A Time" by Randy Taraborrelli published in 2003, on page 439, paragraph 3, it says that Lizanne Kelly (who was thoroughly quoted on this book and was thanked by the author for her time, consideration, and personal memories) spoke with Rainier often and "remains in close contact with Grace's children".

Last edited:
James Spada could have gotten his quotes from Gracie and Lizanne from short magazine articles they had given over the years. I specifically remember Gracie talking with People magazine very briefly about her year in Paris with PC.

She also did at least one interview with The Philadelphia Inquirer.

As much as the over-all approach of this biography was to unearth Grace's alleged sexual nature behind her virginal facade -- he focused a lot on Grace's suspected Hollywood affairs especially with married, older men --I did enjoy reading about Lizanne and Grace's recollections. For example, I remember reading about Princess Grace asking her niece to spend time with Caroline in Monaco when her marriage to Junot was crumbling. Also enjoyable to read about was Lizanne's first impression of the Palace; she wasn't able to attend the wedding because she was about to give birth to Grace Levine, and was very awed by the grandeur of Palace life when she visited Monaco for the first time.

The book "Grace, The Secret Lives of a Princess" by James Spada may have tried to tarnish Grace's reputation, but Lizanne and Grace's contributions whether from actual interviews or quotes from prior articles did not fuel what the author was trying to convey. Lizanne for example was not quoted confirming rumors about her sister's affairs or criticizing Rainier or Grace.

Also, on "Once Upon A Time" by Randy Taraborrelli published in 2003, on page 439, paragraph 3, it says that Lizanne Kelly (who was thoroughly quoted on this book and was thanked by the author for her time, consideration, and personal memories) spoke with Rainier often and "remains in close contact with Grace's children".

I have readed the book here. Put in this thread the sources in where we can verificy that´s Lizanne and Grace Levine give Spada their permissions for writte her quotes.

I have readed the book here. Put in this thread the sources in where we can verificy that´s Lizanne and Grace Levine give Spada their permissions for writte her quotes.

Why don't you ask James Spada that? He authored that book after all.

Or the publisher, Doubleday.

Last edited:
Judging from the above posts, it seems like Lizanne and Grace Levine spoke to the author of this book, but didn't feed rumors or say anything that the family might not authorize them to say. My guess is that they had Caroline's blessing to speak to the author because Caroline trusted them. They loved Caroline and the whole family, so they weren't going to say something harmful. Sometimes the family does give permission to friends to make comments. It is not unheard of.

I knew Billy and Grace in the early 1990s. Billy was in his early 40s. His father/family business had made money in oil. Grace and Billy lived in a large house in Gladwyne at the time. As a side note, their house was used in the filiming of Rocky III (I believe it was III). Here's the house: 1077 Sentry Ln, Gladwyne, PA 19035 - Zillow
It's shown at the beginning of the movie - Rocky gives a press conference and then goes home. They show his car pulling up to the exterior of the house. Then one or two interior scenes are shown with large fish tanks.

Billy and his friends were in their early 40s at the time and still partying like they were in their 20s. Billy and Grace had many great dinner parties which ended going into all night parties with lots of drinking, drugs, and sex.

At the time, Billy was having an affair with Meg. I'd sit at dinner parties with Billy, Grace, Richard Roe (Meg's husband at the time) and Meg. I knew, and many others knew, that Billy and Meg were having an affair. I don't know if Grace and Richard knew and chose to ignore it.

When Meg's mother passed away in 1992, Meg was left quite a bit of money, and she left her husband Richard.

Shortly after Meg left her husband, Billy left Grace to be with Meg and he and Meg lived together at a guest house on Packer Sr.'s estate in Blue Bell. The estate was located on the northeast side of East Skippack Pike between Butler Pike and Sheaff Lane. Eventually Packer Sr. sold the estate. Part was left as a large estate and part was developed into single family homes. I believe the street name was Dorsan Way (where the single family homes were built). Packer Sr. then moved into the home in Gladwayn.

Billy was quite a partier/philander and his personality too strong/overbearing for Grace. Grace drank a lot at that time probably to escape the whole situation. She eventually died of liver cancer. I did see Grace once in the later 90s. She was still abusing drugs at the time. It was somewhat common that women in these wealthy families to have too much time on their hands and turn to drinking/drugs.

Meg was older than Grace and a stonger personality. She was a force to be reckoned with and could deal with Billy. Meg was also more of an athlete and excellent golfer and was better suited for Billy who also golfed. Here's a recent photo of them I found online at an event for one of Meg's sons (with Richard): http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/58496

Grace was quite a striking beauty, as was Meg. Grace's brother Chris was actually modeling in the 1990s.

Grace was very kind and opened her house to many great friends. It's tragic the way her life ended.

That is a sad story. But who is Meg? Grace's cousin? I am familiar with Blue Bell. I remember it quite well, mostly for its big estates. There is a naval reserve base not too far from there (willow grove) and I worked there in the 90s and so I took some classes at the community college in blue bell. Had no idea of the Kelly connection. I mean, I went down to Philly a lot and knew the history with the Kellys and everything, but I wasn't really interested in it at that time. I was more interested in the history *a bit* further back. :) I still look back on the time with mostly good memories of Philly. It's a fascinating city, for sure.

That is a sad story. But who is Meg? Grace's cousin? I am familiar with Blue Bell. I remember it quite well, mostly for its big estates. There is a naval reserve base not too far from there (willow grove) and I worked there in the 90s and so I took some classes at the community college in blue bell. Had no idea of the Kelly connection. I mean, I went down to Philly a lot and knew the history with the Kellys and everything, but I wasn't really interested in it at that time. I was more interested in the history *a bit* further back. :) I still look back on the time with mostly good memories of Philly. It's a fascinating city, for sure.

If I recall these biographies I've read correctly, Meg is the older daughter of Grace's elder sister Margaret or Peggy. Meg and her younger sister Mary Lee were two of the flower girls of Rainier and Grace's wedding. The other two flower girls were Princess Antoinette's daughters Elisabeth and Christine.

In Judy Balaban Quine's book, The Bridesmaids, there was a photo of a reunion of Grace Kelly's bridesmaids and family. It was held in a restaurant in Los Angeles, I think. Princess Caroline was there, as well as Lizanne Levine, her daughter and her daughter-in-law. And Grace was identified as Grace Levine Packer. This was in the mid 80s.

Why don't you ask James Spada that? He authored that book after all.

Or the publisher, Doubleday.

Spada can say queen elizabeth was chinese or whatever he wants, but i want fonts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spada can say queen elizabeth was chinese or whatever he wants, but i want fonts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone can say what he or she wants!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're asking for proof that Lizanne and Grace gave their permission to Spada to use their quotes? I was not the author, editor or publisher of the book. I simply read it and shared my thoughts on it.

Grab an ouija board and consult Lizanne and Grace.

Last edited:
I was just curious because I can't remember seeing pictures of Caroline with them after 1985.

There has been several instances of the Kellys being at Monaco and Us/Monaco events in the last few years. Chris Levine and John Lehman were at the Princess Grace dinner in NYC this last fall. JB Kelly was with PA in LA 2 years ago. I have also seen pictures of Chris Levine at the Red Cross ball over the years. I think they try to protect the ones who don't want to be in the press. PA was also a pole bearer at Lizanne's funeral. PC has always been very protective of her own family. I am sure she is the same with the Kellys and Italian Casaraghis.

Very often, a salacious biography uses quotes from old tabloid stories. I remember looking at all of the sources quoted for a "biography" of Grace Kelly. 95% of the quoted sources were old Hollywood gossip magazines. I was so surprised. This author had published a book 10 years after the death of Princess Grace and "revealed" new shocking information about her "past". So much of it was rehashed warmed-over gossip. I doubt that Spada spoke to any of the Kelly family when he published his book. Authors like him can read an old interview, and then pick and choose what bits he wants to use, put them together and create a new story. Shameful.

Thanks agogo, is nice to hearing usefull information from intelligent people.

xx

Thanks too agogo for expressing your respectful and appropriate thoughts in correct spelling and grammar.

I knew Billy and Grace in the early 1990s. Billy was in his early 40s. His father/family business had made money in oil. Grace and Billy lived in a large house in Gladwyne at the time. As a side note, their house was used in the filiming of Rocky III (I believe it was III). Here's the house: 1077 Sentry Ln, Gladwyne, PA 19035 - Zillow
It's shown at the beginning of the movie - Rocky gives a press conference and then goes home. They show his car pulling up to the exterior of the house. Then one or two interior scenes are shown with large fish tanks.

Billy and his friends were in their early 40s at the time and still partying like they were in their 20s. Billy and Grace had many great dinner parties which ended going into all night parties with lots of drinking, drugs, and sex.

At the time, Billy was having an affair with Meg. I'd sit at dinner parties with Billy, Grace, Richard Roe (Meg's husband at the time) and Meg. I knew, and many others knew, that Billy and Meg were having an affair. I don't know if Grace and Richard knew and chose to ignore it.

When Meg's mother passed away in 1992, Meg was left quite a bit of money, and she left her husband Richard.

Shortly after Meg left her husband, Billy left Grace to be with Meg and he and Meg lived together at a guest house on Packer Sr.'s estate in Blue Bell. The estate was located on the northeast side of East Skippack Pike between Butler Pike and Sheaff Lane. Eventually Packer Sr. sold the estate. Part was left as a large estate and part was developed into single family homes. I believe the street name was Dorsan Way (where the single family homes were built). Packer Sr. then moved into the home in Gladwayn.

Billy was quite a partier/philander and his personality too strong/overbearing for Grace. Grace drank a lot at that time probably to escape the whole situation. She eventually died of liver cancer. I did see Grace once in the later 90s. She was still abusing drugs at the time. It was somewhat common that women in these wealthy families to have too much time on their hands and turn to drinking/drugs.

Meg was older than Grace and a stonger personality. She was a force to be reckoned with and could deal with Billy. Meg was also more of an athlete and excellent golfer and was better suited for Billy who also golfed. Here's a recent photo of them I found online at an event for one of Meg's sons (with Richard): http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/58496

Grace was quite a striking beauty, as was Meg. Grace's brother Chris was actually modeling in the 1990s.

Grace was very kind and opened her house to many great friends. It's tragic the way her life ended.

Thank you for providing your firsthand stories about Grace Levine. Do you know if Princess Grace and Princess Caroline attended Grace Levine's wedding, or if Caroline attended her funeral? Do you have any photos? There are few of her on the internet.

grace had no sisters only one brother, lizanne was her mother

Is the bed and breakfast run by the Levine family in the Poconos?

it was outside phila in the brandywine valley, Grace and her new beau after divorcing william b packer ran it till she died

I was just curious because I can't remember seeing pictures of Caroline with them after 1985.

I know for a fact that after 1985 on a number of occasions that CAROLINE and ALBERT came to visit Grace AND Billy at their house in Gladwynne, Pa. On one occasion while Grace and Caroline were shopping in Phila. I had gone to the packer residence and left my father outside in my vehicle. While inside, a secret service agent approached the vehicle and asked my father for ID. While my father was flustering about, the agent looked up towards a second floor balcony where he saw me and I indicated it was my father and not to worry. I had previously identified myself to the agent at an earlier time during the week! My father never saw the automatic weapon under the Secret Service's agent's coat!

BTW 1990s posted A REALLY altered view of the lifestyle Grace and Billy were living. Granted Billy and Grace partied somewhat, but they were in a very socially accepted circle and in the mid 80's this was the norm.Billy always said, "If you're gonna hoot with the Owls, ya gotta soar with the EAGLES"! They may have been partiers but they were responsible for their actions and were not purveyors of the drunken sexual orgies Spada infers. He says he attended (I assume 1990's is a man) many dinner parties, so did I and I recall things a little different than what he posts, I don't recall GRACE heavily abusing drugs or alcohol!

I don't EVER recall Grace HEAVILY abusing alcohol or drugs outside of social use.

If you (1990's) indeed knew them and spent time at their house, I should know you and YOU SHOULD know me! I had been friends with Billy since 1981, and was there when he first started dating Grace. I am also friendly with her parents, more so with Lizanne! Your perspective seems QUITE extreme, given the amount of time spent with them.

It is an agreeable point that Grace's death was tragic, way too soon for such an endearing friend!

As much as the over-all approach of this biography was to unearth Grace's alleged sexual nature behind her virginal facade --

This guy Spada what a piece of work!

Grace was always the warmest, wittiest and engaging person I have EVER met, and to say she was a vixen behind a false virginal facade?

Put another rock in your pipe James!

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of meeting Grace and her then boyfriend, Rick, when I had my wedding reception at her B&B in September, 1996... Grace was a warm, down-to-Earth hostess who loved her family history and was not afraid to show it. (Photos of Princess Grace and family were placed throughout the house). I was sorry to hear of her passing....

grace had no sisters only one brother, lizanne was her mother

it was outside phila in the brandywine valley, Grace and her new beau after divorcing william b packer ran it till she died

I know for a fact that after 1985 on a number of occasions that CAROLINE and ALBERT came to visit Grace AND Billy at their house in Gladwynne, Pa. On one occasion while Grace and Caroline were shopping in Phila. I had gone to the packer residence and left my father outside in my vehicle. While inside, a secret service agent approached the vehicle and asked my father for ID. While my father was flustering about, the agent looked up towards a second floor balcony where he saw me and I indicated it was my father and not to worry. I had previously identified myself to the agent at an earlier time during the week! My father never saw the automatic weapon under the Secret Service's agent's coat!

BTW 1990s posted A REALLY altered view of the lifestyle Grace and Billy were living. Granted Billy and Grace partied somewhat, but they were in a very socially accepted circle and in the mid 80's this was the norm.Billy always said, "If you're gonna hoot with the Owls, ya gotta soar with the EAGLES"! They may have been partiers but they were responsible for their actions and were not purveyors of the drunken sexual orgies Spada infers. He says he attended (I assume 1990's is a man) many dinner parties, so did I and I recall things a little different than what he posts, I don't recall GRACE heavily abusing drugs or alcohol!

I don't EVER recall Grace HEAVILY abusing alcohol or drugs outside of social use.

If you (1990's) indeed knew them and spent time at their house, I should know you and YOU SHOULD know me! I had been friends with Billy since 1981, and was there when he first started dating Grace. I am also friendly with her parents, more so with Lizanne! Your perspective seems QUITE extreme, given the amount of time spent with them.

It is an agreeable point that Grace's death was tragic, way too soon for such an endearing friend!

This guy Spada what a piece of work!

Grace was always the warmest, wittiest and engaging person I have EVER met, and to say she was a vixen behind a false virginal facade?

Put another rock in your pipe James!

I'm 1990s and a woman. I'd stop by and see Grace in the afternoon and she was high/drunk on something. If I were married to Billy, I'd spend my life high/drunk also.

Any pictures of Grace Levine? So few pictures of her were published. She looked like a young Grace Kelly when she was 18 and I don’t' recall many photos of her in her later years. Such a pity and tragedy for her family that she died so young. Thanks 1990's and midnight satellite for your posts.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/louise_030/LizKellyCandGcousin.jpg

Here is the link to a picture of Liz Kelly. Hope it works. Philadelphia Inquirer, 1988
iloveroyals, do you still have that article and picture of Liz Kelly (Jack's daughter)? The link is broken. Or at least the date of the Philadelphia Inquirer article so I can look it up myself?

I went to Junior High with her in Ardmore, and we were quite good friends in 9th grade: I moved away the next summer and we were out of touch. When I knew her she was swimming hours a day, her family expected her to swim in the Olympics. Of course she never did. She also played the oboe, and of course got nothing but As in school. I was in awe of her.

My husband and I were watching the Olympics this week and I happened to think of her and her olympic aspirations. So my husband looked her up and discovered that she is deceased. Apparently she died in 2006 of cervical cancer. I was shocked. I would love to read that article, or at least see that picture of her. I am so sad her life turned out the way it did.

Children of Christopher & Vicki Le Vine:
Chris Jr: Chris Le Vine | Facebook
Kelly: Kelly Le Vine | Facebook
Virginia "Ginna": http://www.facebook.com/ginna.levine?ref=sgm

John B Kelly III is married to Karen Spencer and they have 2 children: Katherine & Nicholas.

I found all of this through google :)

marriage photo of John B. Kelly III and Karen Elizabeth Spencer Karen met John on Harvard’s crew team

Hello Magazine reported that John and Karen and their children Katherine and Nicholas attended Prince Albert's wedding

Last edited:
A nice collection of pictures of Grace Levine.

Back
Top Bottom