General Questions about the Princely Family of Monaco Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benn

Commoner
How tall are the Grimaldi :question: :unsure:
They seem kind of short, specially the men.

What happend to that " Stephanie's sunshines" - topic?

Michelle

Are there any movies about Grace Kelly later Princess Grace
I have never heard about any being made

There is one that I've seen on Lifetime a few times. Shelly Long from Cheers plays Grace. I can't remember the name of it though. It has pretty poor picture quality, so it must of been made in the 80s

up, sorry I was wrong, it was Cheryl Ladd, not Shelley Long who played Grace. The movie was called just Grace Kelly and was made in 1983. The tv channel Lifetime has shown the movie a few times.

The movie was called just Grace Kelly

I guess I should probably clarify that. I really meant to say the movie was just called "Grace Kelly". When I reread that, it sounded to me as if it read the movie was called "Just Grace Kelly" sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a synopsis of the film that I found on blockbuster.com

Grace Kelly, the high-society beauty who became an Oscar-winning actress and then a European princess, is the subject of this TV biopic. Cheryl Ladd has the looks and poise of the original Grace, though she isn't quite as charismatic. The early portion of the film retraces the stormy relationship between Grace and her gruff Philadelphia millionaire dad, Jack Kelly. The script suggests that Grace went through life looking for a strong father figure, finally finding one in Prince Rainier of Monaco (Ian McShane), whom she weds. Several "celebrity look-alikes" parade through the film, pretending to be the film personalities with whom Ms. Kelly worked during her brief Hollywood career. Grace Kelly tones down the darker aspects of its subject, and the film is infinitely more tasteful than most other TV biographies of the same period, even when dealing with Princess Grace's untimely death. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

Here is a photo of Cheryl Ladd playing Grace Kelly

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of pure curiosity and a love of names, could I please ask someone to tell me the full names of Princesses Caroline and Stephanie as well as Prince Albert? I would also like to know the full names and ages of Caroline and Stephanie's children, including Caroline's youngest, Princess Alexandra. I know the names they are called, but I want to know the full names given them at birth.

Also, is Princess Stephanie pregnant?

Thank you! :rolleyes:
Corabella

Corabella~

Here are the full names of Princesses Caroline and Stephanie and Prince Albert:

Caroline Louise Marguerite Grimaldi
Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre Grimaldi
Stephanie Marie Elisabeth Grimaldi

As for the children of the princesses, they can be found on this site.

As for Caroline's and Stefano's kids:

Andrea Alberto Pierre Casiraghi, 19
Charlotte Marie Pomeline Casiraghi, 16
Pierre Rainier Stefano Casiraghi, 15(?)

and we can't forget Caroline and Ernst's baby... Alexandra Charlotte Ulrike Maryam Virginia Princess of Hannover, Great Britain and Ireland, Duchess of Braunschweig and Lueneburg

wow, what a name and all those titles.....how does one actually become a duchess?? I'm really not familiar with titles etc...

well because her father is Ernst August Albert Paul Otto Rupprecht Oskar Berthold Friedrich-Ferdinand Christian-Ludwig Prince of Hanover, Duke of Brunswick and Lüneburg, Prince of Great Britain and Ireland, Alexandra was born with ascribed titles... her brothers Prince Ernst August Andreas Philipp Konstantin Maximilian Rolf Stephan Ludwig-Rudolph of Hanover and Prince Christian Heinrich Clemens Paul Frank Peter Welf Wilhelm-Ernst Friedrich Franz of Hanover are both Dukes of Brunswick and Lüneburg (sometimes known as Brunswick-Lüneburg) as well as Alex and bros all having the HRH prefix infront of their names...

I was just reading another website and they called Alexandra "Princess Alexandra Sophia" but I don't think she has the name Sophia, I could easily be wrong because these crazy royal have soooo many names!!!

Stephanie's kids:

Louis Robert Paul Ducruet b. 1992
Pauline Grace Maguy Ducruet b. 1994
Camille Marie Kelly Gottlieb-Grimaldi b. 1998

if you think about it...
Caroline's children are named almost the same..
Pierre is Pierre,
Andrea is Pierre.
Charlotte is Charlotte,
Alexandra is Charlotte. :)

Yeah... they are.... you have to think of it as family names too... :p Ernst's two sons both have Ernst in their names...

hey thanks Kittencrews, for answering that.
Imagine being a little royal trying to learn to write out your full name!!!

haha, I'd make it up

"I'm Princess Alexandra Charlotte Caroline Margaret Elizabeth...Chadwick...of Number 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney, Australia...Princess of My Back Yard, and all of my Front Garden, and of all the lands of my Bathroom."

Originally posted by moosey60@Nov 30th, 2003 - 4:56 pm
haha, I'd make it up

"I'm Princess Alexandra Charlotte Caroline Margaret Elizabeth...Chadwick...of Number 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney, Australia...Princess of My Back Yard, and all of my Front Garden, and of all the lands of my Bathroom."
42 Wallaby Way... ha ha i LOVE Finding Nemo... great movie... I'd get confused too... Imagine being their mother and having to yell at them... you'd start making up names all the time

hi i have a very important ??? whem hrh prince albert take the trown will he become a king or will he be just a prince like his dad ?????? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Honoré II of Monaco changed the status of Monaco from a Lordship (Seigneurie) to a Principality (Principauté) in 1612. As a Principality it is always ruled by a Prince. Rainier III is the Reigning Prince (Prince régnant ) whereas Albert is the Hereditary Prince (Prince héréditaire). When Albert succeeds his father, he will be the Reigning Prince of Monaco.

thanks much!!!! question is french the 1rst. leguage of monaco????? sorry if my questiopns sound stupid but i don't know much about royals....

Originally posted by baezid@Dec 30th, 2003 - 8:48 pm
thanks much!!!! question is french the 1rst. leguage of monaco????? sorry if my questiopns sound stupid but i don't know much about royals....
French is the official language of Monaco. The two main languages there besides French are Italian and English (spoken by foreigners). Monaco also has its own traditional dialect which is a blend between Italian and French and is very similar to Provençal.

It IS KNOWN THAT AMONG STEFANO CASIRAGHI AND STEPHANIE :heart: ALWAYS EXISTIO A GREAT FRIENDSHIP. SINCE ITSELF KNEW WENT VERY NEARBY, VERY FRIENDS. THEY THEMSELVES QUERIAN A GREAT DEAL AND IS BECAUSE OF IT THAT THE CHILDREN OF STEFANO WORSHIP TO ITS TIA, BECAUSE KNOW ABOUT THE GREAT AFFECTION THAT ITS FATHER SENTIO BY HER. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flower: :heart: :heart: :heart:

FRIENDS FOREVER

Last edited:
I read many times that the Casiraghis don't have tittles or prince/princess in front of their names because Caroline decided so. Stephanie's kids don't have tittles or prince/princess in front of their names either. But I never read anything about the reason. So, here's my question(s): Was that a choice too? Does she have that right being the last born girl?

Actually, I have always believed that the children weren't titled because their fathers were commoners who are not royal nor titled members of aristocracy. It isn't my knowledge that children born to Princesses of Monaco can inherit titles of any kind if their father is a commoner.

Also no royal titles were bestowed on them in the hope that they would be able to lead a normal life, far from the turmoil which seems part and parcel of modern monarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom