The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

hahaha, that family...to church! I don't think so.

They go to parties, and fashion shows, and jumpings, and on endless holidays. But I don't think they go to church, no. Or Lagerfeld should hold a fashion show in a church, then they'll be there.

Old 10-24-2004, 09:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, they do.

Old 10-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think we shouldn't be so critical on the fact if they go or don't go to church, I mean we get the same church pics of the Grimaldis as we get from other royals attending Church...on Te Deums, funerals, or any kind of special occasions...We don't get at least from what I've seen this years pics every Monday of every royal family attending Church the day before!

We have to keep in mind that they have their own private Chapel in the Palace and also they're a Roman Catholic country so they go to Church regularly. Now if a person doesn't go to Church it doesn't mean they don't believe in God, maybe they couldn't go because they were very busy on Sunday or something.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Yes, they do.
That, my dear, was a mass to celebrate national day or a remembrance mass or what not, but not 'going to sunday mass' like catholics do every week.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Gentry

From this discussion, I understand that when Caroline married Junot, she married him not in a civil ceremony but in the Catholic Church? That is why she had to have it annulled, right? If it had been only a civil ceremony, she could have married Casiraghi in the church, right?

I don't know why the Pope waited so long to annul her marriage to Junot. They had no children and weren't married long. If he can annul a long Kennedy marriage WITH children, I think he was being spiteful to Caroline alone.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

They married in a civil ceremony the night before the religious ceremony in the Church as did Prince Rainier and Princess Grace. Many Catholics never get their marriages annulled, only the Pope can answer why he doesn't grant them when asked.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:24 AM
Courtier

It is not the Pope who annulls weddings, but a special tribunal called "Sacra Rota". From two interviews I read, one to Rainier and the other to Monaco former Archbishop, the Princely family didn't understand and didn't appreciate that it took so long to the Vatican to make a decision and there were frictions between the Principality and the Saint See...I have to add that it is usually very easy (at least here in Italy) to have an annullment, you just have to pay and this is so true that even the Pope publicly suggested to the Sacra Rota to become stricter in this regard (a public speech in St.Peter square some months ago).
Some people think, and so did the Princely Family apparently , that in Caroline case it took so long for "political" reasons: the Vatican wanted to show that they didn't treat a Princess better thatn the others, but in acting as they did they treated her much worse...Sorry for the long post, take care
Old 10-30-2004, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree it took to long. She was young and at that age we seldom listen to our parents wisdom. Who knows the words Mom knows best? Generally they do. Big age differences don't work all that well. Your post was informative. Thank you.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Courtier

You're welcome. I'm glad if somehow I could help...BTW, I agree she was far too young and she probably (who really knows?) married for the wrong reasons like ribellion...kisses
Old 10-31-2004, 05:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Yes, it's easy to get a marriage annulled in Italy, but only for the rich.

Tosca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
It is not the Pope who annulls weddings, but a special tribunal called "Sacra Rota". From two interviews I read, one to Rainier and the other to Monaco former Archbishop, the Princely family didn't understand and didn't appreciate that it took so long to the Vatican to make a decision and there were frictions between the Principality and the Saint See...I have to add that it is usually very easy (at least here in Italy) to have an annullment, you just have to pay and this is so true that even the Pope publicly suggested to the Sacra Rota to become stricter in this regard (a public speech in St.Peter square some months ago).
Some people think, and so did the Princely Family apparently , that in Caroline case it took so long for "political" reasons: the Vatican wanted to show that they didn't treat a Princess better thatn the others, but in acting as they did they treated her much worse...Sorry for the long post, take care
Old 11-17-2004, 11:38 AM
Majesty

can someone tell me where the names comes from
Old 11-19-2004, 01:38 AM
Courtier

monegasque aristocracy?

other than the grimaldi family, who are the other aristocrats from monaco? what are their names? photos? thanks.

Old 12-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness

Question Coronation

What is there coronation like in Monaco?
Old 12-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Courtier

U mean for prince Albert?
Old 12-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Royal Highness

Uhhh..Yeah. But I was talking about generally. You know the way it is/has always been done.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Royal Highness

Can't anyone answer the question. Like when Ranier was coronated what happened?
Old 12-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Can't anyone answer the question. Like when Ranier was coronated what happened?
Have some patience. Members who may know the answer to your question may be busy with the holidays or school or work or their families. The question has only been posed since yesterday and as it's the weekend many members may be busy.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

You're right. But it feels like such a long itme. But I am supposed to be busy to esp. with this paper I have to write...
Old 12-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Aristocracy

I suggest you go to http://www.royalty.nu/Europe/Monaco/. There are plenty of books on the subject available. If you read some of those then you can do some good research - rather than simply asking around and waiting for a response.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Royal Highness

Sorry, but I am already doing research on another topic so I don't have time for that or to sit around waiting for a response. BUt anyway maybe during Chrismas break I can look at it, but you will have to get the books for me cuz I have to get books for other stuff I will be researching in school