The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by rarotonga@Apr 13th, 2004 - 12:26 am
Prince Albert, however, in an interview last year on Hello magazine said that would like to have a family someday. Time will tell, I guess;
He did say that. However, he is often asked questions about marriage and family in interviews because he as viewed as "The Great Bachelor Prince." It is normal for him to be asked these questions. For years now Albert has been replying using the same answer. He always says that he wants a family and marriage very much, but so far no marriage.

Old 04-13-2004, 02:09 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
I think Rainier has refused all the ladies Albert has been serious with. IMHO, this will be the year Albert becomes The Prince of Monaco. Rainier's health is steadily failing - which is sad.

I think Albert is no fool. I think he will marry quite soon after he becomes The Prince if for nothing else than dynastic reasons.

Old 04-13-2004, 04:38 PM
Nobility

Lalla, I agree with you. Imagine all those years of training. They have to make sure that 700 + years of the Grimaldi dynasty lives on.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Commoner

What type of woman do you think Albert would choose to marry?
Maybe he will surprise us someday
Old 04-14-2004, 05:51 AM
Nobility

pick from the hollywood again albert- like papa heheh

got to be Natalie Portman! (ok im just joking here heheh B) , with that age difference :o )

but yes, the Natalie Portman kind- classic beauty, clean image, or shall I say the Grace Kelly kind

How about you guys? If we're to pick from hollywood, who are your bets?

This is just for fun ok
Old 04-14-2004, 08:41 AM
Gentry

is he gay?
Old 04-14-2004, 08:47 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by ulik@Apr 14th, 2004 - 7:41 am
is he gay?
I doubt it.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Serene Highness

I think he is. . . ..
Old 04-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

no comment...
Old 04-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Commoner

Has he ever been pictured doing anything that might make you think that he is gay? Has he ever been pictured with men that look or act gay? I do hope that he is not, but he starting to worry me a little bit. I know that it is not any of my business, but I am quite curious.
Elle
Old 04-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by *Elle*@Apr 14th, 2004 - 6:21 pm
Has he ever been pictured doing anything that might make you think that he is gay? Has he ever been pictured with men that look or act gay? I do hope that he is not, but he starting to worry me a little bit. I know that it is not any of my business, but I am quite curious.
Elle
What exactly constitutes "looking or acting gay???"

I don't think it's fair --or right-- to generalize or stereotype an entire group of people by certain looks, styles of dress, or "types" or "kinds" of actions.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
He has a very hard thing to do. Whatever woman he chooses to be his wife, she will be compared with his mother. That is unfair to her but it will happen. Of course, the guy could have just been unlucky. It happens.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Commoner

I know that it sounds stereotypical, but I also think that saying that Albert is gay is very stereotypical also. I never meant to offend anyone. When I look back it is a very stereotypical comment. I shall refry my question. Why do people think that he is homosexual? Is there anything that he has done or said to make people think that he is homosexual, other than not being married?
Elle
Old 04-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by *Elle*@Apr 14th, 2004 - 7:20 pm
I know that it sounds stereotypical, but I also think that saying that Albert is gay is very stereotypical also. I never meant to offend anyone. When I look back it is a very stereotypical comment.  I shall refry my question. Why do people think that he is homosexual? Is there anything that he has done or said to make people think that he is homosexual, other than not being married?
                                    Elle
I totally disagree. I don't think that asking if someone is homosexual is a stereotype; it is a yes or no answer. Yes he is or no he isn't. But trying to define a homosexual look or way of acting and behaving is stereotypical because it judges certain superficial looks or ways of dress or actions. That is the difference.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:20 PM
Nobility

Ditto, Alexandria. There has also been comments about his being gay based merely on the fact that he was seen leaving a Parisian gay bar. My friends (guys, girls, in -betweens, etc.) have gone to gay bars for the shows, and will likely go there again. Does that mean that we're all gay? No. If we took the time to understand people and not judge them based on stereotypes, then we could certainly have less hate in this world.

I also agree with Dennism's comments...It's the same thing for William's future bride whoever she may be. William's and Albert's wives have big shoes to fill. I think it was the same thing for Carolyn Bessette Kennedy as well. Everyone was just so eager to see if she could live up to Jackie O's style and elegance.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:26 AM
Gentry

hey..hey..i didn't mean to create a dispute here
Old 04-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Royal Highness

I hope Prince Albert marries
a. Sheena Easton - some stiff upper lip Englsih might go down good.
b. Natalie Cole - more laid back 'merkun music would go over well (with me).
c. Gunilla von Bismarck - gold digging in reverse ?
Old 04-16-2004, 12:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria+Apr 14th, 2004 - 6:24 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Apr 14th, 2004 - 6:24 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-*Elle*@Apr 14th, 2004 - 7:20 pm
I know that it sounds stereotypical, but I also think that saying that Albert is gay is very stereotypical also. I never meant to offend anyone. When I look back it is a very stereotypical comment.* I shall refry my question. Why do people think that he is homosexual? Is there anything that he has done or said to make people think that he is homosexual, other than not being married?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *&nbsp; Elle
I totally disagree. I don&#39;t think that asking if someone is homosexual is a stereotype; it is a yes or no answer. Yes he is or no he isn&#39;t. But trying to define a homosexual look or way of acting and behaving is stereotypical because it judges certain superficial looks or ways of dress or actions. That is the difference. [/b][/quote]
It is really an old cliché that I personally can&#39;t stand. We like to think that the world has evolved but I still hear it where I live all of the time: A man or woman who has never married by a certain age, must "butter their bread on the other side." It is always said in a snotty manner too&#33; That is one of the most ridiculously ongoing stereotypes. It just makes me want to scream. Heaven forbid, that a person may not have found someone with whom they want to share their life or that they just not be interested in marriage for the moment or ever.

Quote:
There have also been comments about his being gay based merely on the fact that he was seen leaving a Parisian gay bar. My friends (guys, girls, in -betweens, etc.) have gone to gay bars for the shows, and will likely go there again. Does that mean that we&#39;re all gay? No. If we took the time to understand people and not judge them based on stereotypes, then we could certainly have less hate in this world.
This is another thing that drives me crazy as well. The assumption is automatically made, that since Albert was in a gay bar, he must be gay. He couldn&#39;t possibly have any gay friends or simply have been having a drink. Gay people go to regular bars with everyone else, so why can&#39;t people who aren&#39;t gay, go to gay bars? I&#39;ve been to several gay bars in my life with friends for drinks, or even because I wanted to see a particular entertainer featured that night. Does that mean that I am automatically gay, or that I am testing the waters? It means that I was out with friends at a gay bar, having drinks and a good time.

Typical judgements based solely on complete ignorance.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:20 AM
Commoner

Jacqueline, I think that you have summed up the Albert situation quite well. I agree with you entirely.
Elle
Old 04-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

Albert has been with Alicia Warlick for a number of years now (at least four). She has accompanied him to the last few Rose Ball events. In a Larry King Live interview not that long ago he hinted that he wasn&#39;t far off from getting married. I think from all that I have read, that Alicia is in very serious training for the 2004 Olympics. There is a lot of talk that they will announce after the Games are over.

Whenever he does it, I have a feeling it will be like Prince Felipe, and be rather out of the blue.
Link to picture:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/imag...fr=fp-tab-web-t