The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Tonto or tonte- (not sure of the pronunciation) is what the Casiraghi Trio call him. It means uncle in an affectionate (informal) way.
geez I hope they don't call him tonto! because you know in spanish that means Idiot!!

Old 03-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
geez I hope they don't call him tonto! because you know in spanish that means Idiot!!
isnt tonto the dog in wizard of oz

Old 03-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
isnt tonto the dog in wizard of oz
That's Toto. Tonto was the Lone Ranger's faithful Indian sidekick.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Tonto or tonte- (not sure of the pronunciation) is what the Casiraghi Trio call him. It means uncle in an affectionate (informal) way.
All of hie nieces and nephews call him 'Tonton'
Old 03-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Nobility

Tonto means dumb in Spanish , Cuban's say "Ese tipo tonto" when talking about a stupid guy (I definitely don't call my Uncle that!). But yes, Tonton is what the Trio call Albert.

Ani
Old 03-10-2007, 02:39 AM
Courtier

An n was dropped. Its different when you hear it. I should have put [] around the word to designate it as the pronunciation, not the actual spelling.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Serene Highness

did Prince Rainer have a girlfriend after grace

is it true that Prince Rainer after Princess Grace died was romantically involved with his first cousin once removed, Princess Ira of Fürstenberg? if so how long did they go out for ???
Old 03-21-2007, 02:04 PM

Question Prince Rainier Romance after Grace

It's true the tabloids printed a lot of speculative stories about Ira Von Furstenberg and Rainier, but nothing ever came of it. I don't even think they ever appeared in public together. I remember reading a story saying Caroline was upset with seeing these stories in the tabloids (not sure if it was because it was a lie or she didn't like Von Furstenberg). Of course I read THAT in a tabloid so who knows if it was true.
LK
Old 03-22-2007, 05:36 AM
Courtier

The Princess may have encouraged the chatter but Rainier was his stoic silent self.

I do remember there being a sort of "companion" (oh shut up about Charlene right now!) who was around Rainier for most of the 1990s. She seemed to know the rules: 1) hide unless impossible; 2) no marriage--who could compete with THAT ghost?; and 3) be good to the kids.

I remember seeing a photo of Caroline and the edge of the woman at something like the Grand Prix and it was a bigger deal Caroline was smiling than that the woman was identified. Oh how times have changed!
Old 03-22-2007, 05:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The Princess may have encouraged the chatter but Rainier was his stoic silent self.

I do remember there being a sort of "companion" (oh shut up about Charlene right now!) who was around Rainier for most of the 1990s. She seemed to know the rules: 1) hide unless impossible; 2) no marriage--who could compete with THAT ghost?; and 3) be good to the kids.

I remember seeing a photo of Caroline and the edge of the woman at something like the Grand Prix and it was a bigger deal Caroline was smiling than that the woman was identified. Oh how times have changed!
wonder who the lady was ???
Old 03-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyClover
It's true the tabloids printed a lot of speculative stories about Ira Von Furstenberg and Rainier, but nothing ever came of it. I don't even think they ever appeared in public together. I remember reading a story saying Caroline was upset with seeing these stories in the tabloids (not sure if it was because it was a lie or she didn't like Von Furstenberg). Of course I read THAT in a tabloid so who knows if it was true.
LK
It was Ira Von Furstenberg herself who "destroyed" her chance, because she made declarations to the Press about her relationship with Rainier. She have a long interview, I do not remember to which magazine, but it was like Paris Match or Point de vue, or something of the same level. After that, Rainier split down, because he did not appreciate her declarations, and the relationship ended.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

And Ira wore the same red dress as Caroline's to 1998's Rose Ball.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:53 AM
Aristocracy

Who was the female ambassador to France that Rainier was suppose to have had an affair with? If I remember right that ended after she mentioned to in an interview that they were dating.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:55 AM
Courtier

I think the reason we know so little about Rainier's companions is that if they talked (in ANY way), he walked. And silence from Rainier was worse than a denial in its effect.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:23 AM
Serene Highness

wasnt there rumour's about HRH Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia too?? .......
Old 03-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
REALLY?!! Ouch!
Old 03-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
do we have a picture of Ira in her red dress???
Old 03-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
do we have a picture of Ira in her red dress???
Here it is (Olycom)
Old 03-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Serene Highness

thank you tosca! she's a good looking woman ,
by the way I know there where rumour's about grace and other men , after she was married and her being unhappy etc ( Im not at all saying they where true ) but were there any rumour's about Prince Rainer when they were married ???
Old 03-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
thank you tosca! she's a good looking woman ,
by the way I know there where rumour's about grace and other men , after she was married and her being unhappy etc ( Im not at all saying they where true ) but were there any rumour's about Prince Rainer when they were married ???
I happened to read about Rainier having a mistress in Paris, when he was still married to Grace, a while before she died. But, you know, it was Novella mag, so I wouldn't bet on its liability. I also read on another mag, that cited Paris Match as a source that Rainier had a secret son in Marchais, but this guy was born before he met Grace. That's all the rumors about Ranier I know of.

Ira was a beautiful woman, especially back in the '60s/'70's. At that time she also became an actress, although in B-movies. She's half Italian, since her mother Clara is one of the sisters of the late FIAT owner Giovanni (Gianni) Agnelli. Her brother Egon was a fashion designer and died (officially) of cancer some years ago. Last year she also lost her elder son in a Bangkok's prison. Officially he died of a heart attack.