Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 02:01 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
Kaffir, thanx for links. I didn't know princess Caroline was the GPA board of directors Chairman, I always thought it was Albert.
When Princess Grace died Rainier split most of Grace's duties between Albert and Caroline. Caroline got the Princess Grace foundation amont others.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Aristocracy

[quote=drusi66]Five books a week??? Even if you read 24 hours a day you cannot read such many books !! Girls, don't be funny!![/quot
It is known that italians do not read a lot, but please don't write these things about reading; a person who finds reading books interesting can read a small book in few hours...(you need a minute per page)

Old 02-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Courtier

Supernova, You said It's known Italian do not read a lot. I did not know that. I thought everyone who can read.

Jaya, as you said Princess Caroline read 5 books a week.. Wow, she must read a lot and I am sure she read fast. Where do you hear about her reading 5 books a week? I wish I could read 5 books a week or a month. hehe.

I read Princess Stephanie and Princess Grace read a lot too.
I would like to know if anyone can tell me who are 3 Princesses' favourite authors/subjects?

Chantal
Old 02-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantal Clement
I would like to know if anyone can tell me who are 3 Princesses' favourite authors/subjects?

Chantal
From Carolines biography i can tell you she liked Stefan Sweig, Rilke, Wilde, Borges. Now she must have other favourites.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Thanks for your information about Princess Caroline's favourite authors, Rosana.

Chantal
Old 02-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusi66
Five books a week??? Even if you read 24 hours a day you cannot read such many books !! Girls, don't be funny!!
I read more than that.... and most of my friends do too.
We are not funny but literate and fast.Princess Caroline reads that much in a slow week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
No, she doesnt. She started studying Politics when she moved to Paris( she was 18) but she had bad notes the first year, so she moved to what she liked most
Very well, I was close about the beginning of studies.....and glad she moved on too
thanks so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia Rose
Did Grace ever smoke? Becaus eher children well her daughters are all heavy smokers it seems.
After the movie"Mogambo" Grace began to smoke and tapered her silhouette down. I think it was Ava Gardner that influenced her.You can see it in her movies as she gradually reduces.Around the time of her marriage however she lost ten pounds by dieting, just for the camera and the wedding pics.Then she smoked in private for years as the Princess. I do not know about later years.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:00 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya
I read more than that.... and most of my friends do too.
We are not funny but literate and fast.Princess Caroline reads that much in a slow week.
If you do so, I am happy for you .
I think that most of people who has a work, a family , a house to take care of find no enough time to dedicate to reading in spite of the interest in reading. I think I am talking abt the majority of people but, of course, I can be wrong.
I found strange that PC , who has a very very very busy life : family, official duties, her role as ambassador of Unicef, her activity for Amade , Pres. of the Ballet in MC , ministry of culture in the Principailty, attending fashion shows, cultural events and I don t remember what else more ... well, I simply found strange she could find the time to read so much a week !
Old 03-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Steph and Albert visiting a school in Monaco at the beginning of february, they both looked great

Steph and Albert
I wonder why it is not 'Steph and Al' if you like it to commonize their names?

Old 03-04-2007, 05:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.

Because Steph herself prefers that name and Albert is the Sovereign.

Its not disrespectful.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Because Steph herself prefers that name and Albert is the Sovereign.

Its not disrespectful.
When Albert was going to college in the US he used to introduce himself to people as Al but with no last name ,or as Al Grimaldi, but he hasn't gone by Al since college as far as I know.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.

Suonymona has already answered your question perfectly and I can add that I always call them like this, plus: "Al" is a name I myself do not like, it reminds me too much of that tv character Al Bundy..
Old 03-05-2007, 05:54 AM
Courtier

I think Albert used Al in college to appear more normal. But even know his old college and fraternity pals use Albert now--note the interview one gave about their 25th reunion.

Many people often shorten their names informally until they get used to (or come to prefer) the longer version of their name. Look at Kate/Catherine Middleton.

HSH The Sovereign Prince Albert works much better than "Prince Al". It sounds like a weird Disney character!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
I think Albert used Al in college to appear more normal. But even know his old college and fraternity pals use Albert now--note the interview one gave about their 25th reunion.

Many people often shorten their names informally until they get used to (or come to prefer) the longer version of their name. Look at Kate/Catherine Middleton.

HSH The Sovereign Prince Albert works much better than "Prince Al". It sounds like a weird Disney character!
I think so too he probably wanted to blend in and Albert sounded to formal for a college kid.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
I'm suprised what Albert is wearing this evening. All guys are wearing suits or tuxedos but PA has a transparent shirt on that occasion. It's something I would not expect from him. His style is usually more classy on such occasions like evening concert. While I think he has a good style I don't like it tonight.
The shirt Albert is wearing is called a Barong and it's from the Philippines. It's only used in formal occasions such as weddings. Seeing as it was probably summer when the pic was taken was probably the reason why he wore it. It's made out of pineapple fibers and there are so many design with lots of intricate embroidery. They are absolutely beautiful.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcq
The shirt Albert is wearing is called a Barong and it's from the Philippines. It's only used in formal occasions such as weddings. Seeing as it was probably summer when the pic was taken was probably the reason why he wore it. It's made out of pineapple fibers and there are so many design with lots of intricate embroidery. They are absolutely beautiful.
Perhaps Princess Caroline brought it to him from her visit.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lea
Perhaps Princess Caroline brought it to him from her visit.
I Think Albert was there last summer and ordered some made. He wore one to a concert last summer I believe.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

oh-h-h-h well, i l-o-v-e that pineapple shirt on PA it's beautiful i didn't know they could that with pineapple fibers however, it's the color that looks gorgeous with his complexion. Does PA prefer Bebert (i can't figure out how to prounouce it phonetically) but it's cute or Al.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:22 AM
Courtier

Thats what his sisters call him. I doubt anyone else could get away with it!
Old 03-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Serene Highness

I know stephanie calls him that because she could not say albert when she was little and all three of her kids call him that also , not sure about Caroline
Old 03-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Courtier

Tonto or tonte- (not sure of the pronunciation) is what the Casiraghi Trio call him. It means uncle in an affectionate (informal) way.