The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 05:22 AM
Aristocracy

I don't know whether this might help but try this link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monaco

Old 03-31-2006, 07:06 AM
Royal Highness

Next Tuesday, April 4th 2006 German TV channel ZDF will broadcast some documentary about the Grimaldi, Prince Rainier and the future expectations: http://tvspielfilm.msn.de/programm/t...ngs_id=8898406 http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/22/0,...058006,00.html

Old 04-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Commoner

Smile What Do The People of Monaco Think About Their Grimaldis?

:) Hello. I am curious as to what the people of Monaco think about their royal family? People obviously have varying opinions about them. But, what do their people think about them? Perhaps their views are less known, since I understand that there is some sort of law that prevents any criticism of the Grimaldis? (Is that correct?) I happen to think that the Grimaldis are very modern and probably more open that perhaps some other royal famliies. From time to time, they offer interviews. This gives us an opportunity to catch a glimpse of their thoughts and opinions. I'm sure that it's no secret that they would LOVE for Albert to find a wife, admire Caroline for her works and wish that Stephanie would find lasting happiness. I do admire the Grimaldis for a number of reasons; with one of them being that Albert, Caroline and Stephanie are partly American. I don't know to what extent they embrace their American heritage, but there are not too many royals around the world with an American link. Finally, it would be great if I could correspond with a Monegasque and get a first hand perspective on the Royal Family of Monaco. My email is: RC61Austin@aol.com Kindest regards, Roman in Austin, Texas U.S.A.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexas1961
:) Hello. I am curious as to what the people of Monaco think about their royal family? People obviously have varying opinions about them. But, what do their people think about them? Perhaps their views are less known, since I understand that there is some sort of law that prevents any criticism of the Grimaldis? (Is that correct?) I happen to think that the Grimaldis are very modern and probably more open that perhaps some other royal famliies. From time to time, they offer interviews. This gives us an opportunity to catch a glimpse of their thoughts and opinions. I'm sure that it's no secret that they would LOVE for Albert to find a wife, admire Caroline for her works and wish that Stephanie would find lasting happiness. I do admire the Grimaldis for a number of reasons; with one of them being that Albert, Caroline and Stephanie are partly American. I don't know to what extent they embrace their American heritage, but there are not too many royals around the world with an American link. Finally, it would be great if I could correspond with a Monegasque and get a first hand perspective on the Royal Family of Monaco. My email is: RC61Austin@aol.com Kindest regards, Roman in Austin, Texas U.S.A.
[ed: reference to another member]

and as to the american question. i know albi used to go to summer camp here in the US every year when he was younger and he still visits his Kelly relatives and comes to the states, and especially NYC for the Princess Grace Foundation with Caro and I haven't seen Steph there in a while. but out of all of them, Albi seems to be the most attached to the US.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Gentry

Princess Stephanie Clothing Stores???

Is it true Princess Stephanie owns clothing stores? If so, where are they located and named?
Old 04-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

She used to own a replay store in MC, but that has been closed down for years.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:34 AM
Courtier

As Paca said, Princess Stephanie used to have a Replay store in Monaco. As far as I know, she has two more stores of Replay - one in Spain and one in the Netherlands? Maybe the others can confirm this....

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 04-25-2006, 06:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
As Paca said, Princess Stephanie used to have a Replay store in Monaco. As far as I know, she has two more stores of Replay - one in Spain and one in the Netherlands? Maybe the others can confirm this....
Confirmed .... ! :)
Old 04-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Commoner

Smile Who Is In Charge of Monaco When Albert Is (Far) Away?

:) Hello. I am curious about something. When HSH Prince Albert traveled to the North Pole, did he put HRH Princess Caroline in charge of Monaco in his absence? Since this was a journey that involved a significant degree of risk and danger, would it not make sense for Albert to make "certain provisions" in the event of a major accident...or worse. After all, Princess Caroline is the Heiress Presumptive of Monaco.. Just wondering.... from Roman in Austin, Texas:)
Old 04-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Gentry

I don't know how helpful this is but according to Wikipedia.com Albert's sister Caroline is heiress presumptive (which isn't the same as heir apparent) so she is basically next in line followed by her son, Andrea Casiraghi. I would guess that when Albert is out of the country his sister fills in for him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_...ince_of_Monaco
Old 04-30-2006, 01:53 AM
Courtier

Caroline is not heir apparent because she is not male. Were there a younger brother to Albert, he would heir apparent to Albert. Caroline was heir apparent until Albert was born, then became heir presumptive again. She would have been moved down the line (as Charlotte is behind Pierre) had Stephanie been male.

Monaco's constitution gives preference to males. Before it had been males only. Rainier had it changed so Caroline could be heir should Albert not have children. He did not want Monaco to be reabsorbed by France. Now there is no danger of that as Caroline (and Stephanie) have plenty of heirs. Were Caroline to become reigning Princess, Andrea would be heir apparent.

As to Albert now, he had a regency codicil drawn up some time ago which grants Caroline immediate Regency upon his incapacitation. If Albert were to become ill (unable to serve effectively, but still alive), Caroline would be acting Regent (as Albert was during the last week of Rainier's life).

This also allows for Caroline to take immediate control should Albert die although I think she would bypass the regency and just wait the three months before enthronement or possibly ceding her succession right in favor of Andrea.

I personally think that if Albert were to die without legitimate heirs in the next ten years, Caroline would reign for awhile to groom Andrea and then pass. But I've not gotten a response on whether or not she can do that. Caroline may only have the option of passing/ceding BEFORE she would serve, otherwise she would have to reign until death.

Anyway, while Albert is alive and healthy, but out of the country, his Council acts on his behalf, according to his (Albert's) instructions. Even while is in danger.

And I got this information from the Press Office. I wrote quite a lengthy letter before his trip (in March) asking many of the same questions. I even sent it to a Wikipedia editor but nothing has come of it.

Ann
Old 05-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Serene Highness

Who from the press office answered the letter? (just curiosity)

But I would have said as well, that while he is gone his government will continue to work according to his instructions. Caroline (or anyone else for that matter), only comes in in times of illness or death. And it is not up to them to decide, but to the crown council whether the prince is still capable of running the country and who should run it until he is capable again. I posted a link in the achievement thread about the crown council and its responsibilities, since PA had just recently replace a few elderly members.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexas1961
:) Hello. I am curious about something. When HSH Prince Albert traveled to the North Pole, did he put HRH Princess Caroline in charge of Monaco in his absence? Since this was a journey that involved a significant degree of risk and danger, would it not make sense for Albert to make "certain provisions" in the event of a major accident...or worse. After all, Princess Caroline is the Heiress Presumptive of Monaco.. Just wondering.... from Roman in Austin, Texas:)
I read the issue of Paris Match that talked about his trip, it looked fascinating:)
Old 05-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Royal Highness

Importance of the Princesses Caroline and Stephanie

To start with the younger one.
How important do you think is Princess Stephanie for Albert's work and Monaco? How would you define her role?
Old 06-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Commoner

lady-in-waitings?

do caroline and stephanie have lady in waitings like other princesses? and if not why?

also do the princesses actually do any royal duties except from the princess grace foundation and attending the rose ball? anyone who can answer my questions thanks.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Virginia Gallico has been the lady in waiting for the Grimaldis since the early 60s. After Princess Grace's death she became Caroline's lady in waiting and therefore she is often seen with her, like with Princess Grace, in several events in Monaco. Stephanie is rarely seen with her, but as far as I remember she was seen with Virginia Gallico in 2001's St. Devote festivities.

Both Princess Caroline & Princess Stephanie have a lot of duties in Monaco, if you take a look at their current news threads you'll be able to see that they're really busy and hardworking princesses.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Commoner

thanks for your post
Old 06-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

mme Gallico also appears without Caro or Steph. This year she accompanied PA with Col. Fringant to St Devote service.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Aristocracy

We can found this picture below of Madame Virginia Gallico:

1. The Lady in waiting on left following the Princess Caroline of Hanover

(Deadline picture)
Old 06-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

Which lady? There are 2 on the left of Caroline.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Closed Thread