The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Aristocracy

I have wondered the very same thing!! The man looks so dashing in his uniform... He must be very close to the family. I'm looking forward to finding out who he is!

:) Go Pittsburgh Steelers!!!! Win the Superbowl!!:)

Old 02-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

If I'm not mistaken this man is:
Monsieur le Lieutenent - Colonel Luc Fringant
Chambellan de S.A.S le Prince

Here's a link

Old 02-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

Yes Michelle, you are mistaken. It is Colonel Lamblin, who was the chamberlin of Rainier. Colonel Fringant is younger and he serves for PA. You can see him on the pics of St Devote as they enter and leave the church. And just in case any one is wondering about the elderly women who is always around, that is Mme Paul Gallico, who used to be Princess Grace dame of honor.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Serene Highness

http://www.deadline-press.com/fotowe...AlfaNumericAsc picture number 10 shows you Col Fringant as he leaves the cathedral. I found them in the PA current event link
Old 02-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oops ... Thanx , paca
Old 02-05-2006, 07:18 PM

Princess Grace's Honeymoon Yacht/Wedding Gift For Sale

"DEO JUVANTE II" is FOR SALE! See www.yachtworld.com/pmf and click on " 147' 1928 Camper & Nicholsons " for full details and photos.

Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier's Weddings Prince Rainier gave Grace the yacht "Deo Juvante II" as a wedding gift. ... Their honeymoon was a cruise aboard the "Deo Juvante II" with stops in ...
http://marriage.about.com/od/royalty...ierkelly_2.htm
Old 02-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

Talking about the Grimaldi Trio's future - here's something about their past.

Some pictures of the trio:

(sipa, worldroots, corbis, PM)
Old 02-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

what do they both do for a livining?
Old 02-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

They are sort of stand ins for PA. If there is sth important in MC and PA can't make it and no one else can represent the family, then they come into the picture. (they also report back to PA about it so he knows what is going on, gives people a feeling of importance if at least one of them is there - I think though that Col Lamblin is much more relaxed then Fringant. That man just makes you nervous standing next to him. He is very polite - as they all are- but I think he makes too many waves around what he does. He is just too hyper for my taste and creates stress were there isn't any. At least that was my impression.) Colonel Lamblin did a lot of correspondance for Rainier as well. HE would let people know that Rainier was pleased with sth or other etc. They also make sure that everything goes well at the appearances. Basically they are some sort of assistant.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Aristocracy

Speaking of who the mysterious men are...
Who is the youngish(in his 30's maybe) man with light brown hair and wire-rimmed glasses who seems like another assistant?? I recall him at most enthronement events preceeding PA into the cathedral...
Old 02-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Do you have a pic?
Old 02-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Do you have a pic?
Yes, He is standing directly behind Colonel Lamblin in the first photo (a picture inside the cathedral) that liz scezar posted on this thread.
Thank You Paca!
Old 02-09-2006, 04:14 AM
Serene Highness

I have seen him around till the funeral, but I don't think I have seen him since November. I don't know his name though. Seeing where he is seated, he is probably Rainiers aide de camp. PA has kept his own guys (their names are listed on the palace website)
Old 02-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Aristocracy

isn't he Lt-Colonel Bruno PHILIPPONNAT an aide de camp to prince albert?

http://www.palais.mc/wwwpal.nsf/ABDA...256BA7002E7C93

Old 02-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Serene Highness

I thought about that, but Col Fringant is higher in rank and if I remember correctly, was already working for PA, so why would PAs aide de camp be there, but not his chamberlin? Besides he hasn't been around since the enthronement and the prince reps are always there when sth is going on, i.e at St cecile (patron of the musicians) the military music was represented and Fringant was there (I know because I was right behind him ad had a hard time to keep the kids from playing pranks on him), but this guy wasn't. I remember Lamblin being there too (though that might be a trick of the memory because he always used to be there, so I wouldn't swear on it)

So after this reaoning, I am thinking that he was working for Rainier.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Commoner

Thanks

Thanks all of you for clarify my doubts.
To the moderator: I am new and I am learning how to participate of the forum. I speak portuguese, so it's a little difficult for me. But I will read the rules and the next time I will make the right things. Be comfortable to cancel my post!

Kisses

Liz - TFAF
Old 02-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Royal Highness

I think their way will be different from what their parents went through. Time is different, circumstances are different, values are different. We shouldn't compare Albert and his sisters to their parents too much.
They were shown the right way, their right way. They are very intelligent, ahrd working people - all three of them. They are devoted to their country and its people. None of them has ever let this duty down. They've always been there. Sometimes they followed other roads, just to learn, to get to know things - but they always came back. They developed great passions for things they now fight for ... they always tried to advance things.
Some see them as inapropriate losers with bad behaviour who don't act like royals should do - and that's why they see Monaco go down .
But this is a false interpretation in my opinion: Monaco needs people like Albert, Caroline and Stephanie - Monaco is a modern country, it is very small, it has to rely on new technologies, new entertainement, new events, new possibilities, new ways ... a lot more than Great Britain needs these things. Monaco doesn't really need a very regal, reserved princely family ... it needs a modern princely family, who's memebers dare to do things, things which might not seem very common.
Albert, Caro and Steph are full of ideas and good intentions to advance their little country. They will surely take some of their experiences as help. They certainly made mistakes along their ways but which human being wouldn't .... The are very well prepared !!!

Quote:
...Je crois que il faut pas se tourner vers le passé, s'en servir c'est sur! Notre père a , aussi bien á ma soeur qu'à mon frère, nous a inculté de valeurs qui nous sont trés trés cheres et trés imortantes aujourd'hui. Justement il nous a tous bien preparé à cette avenir qui est devant nous. Je pense qu'on est enfin prèt et on va justement se servir de se magnifique pays que notre père nous a laissé pour le faire evaluer ... avec le monde exterieur ... et, comme mon frère a dit dans un de ses discours, que le rayenement de Monaco sera vraiment international et pour les bonnes raisons surtout
Princess Stephanie of Monaco, January 2006

Translation:
" I think we shouldn't turn to the past but serve ourselves from it. Our father has, my sister as well a my brother, he taught us values which are very importent and dear to us today. Actually he prepared us very well for the future, our future which lies ahead. I think we are ready for it and we will take this magnificant country and develop it ... with everything around ... as my brother said in one of his discourses, that Monaco's light will be really international and for good reasons above all."
Old 03-10-2006, 02:51 AM

Hi, gang! Due to some problems at this site, I am trying to repost my request. My request is...
Since I will never meet the late Prince, and since, as a student of Economics and Government, I highly respect his work, did he ever write a book on governing? (Apologies for the run-on sentence). If it is in French, that will not help me- I withdrew from that class- however, I'd really like to learn his technique, he was a master. (Again, run-on sentence apologies). Whatever guidance is appreciated.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Michael, I'm quite sure he has never ever written any books, he talked a lot about governing and his state in interviews he gave, but the ones I remember were some on TV, so I can't help you with that. But in general, I would say it's better to ask such questions in an already existing thread, a whole new thread for such a question seems to be a bit too much :)
Old 03-11-2006, 02:02 AM

Really? A bit much? I guess my infatuation with the topic may have distracted me? To me, respectable governance is paramount. So, whatever anyone can send me would be welcomed! Thanks!