General Questions about the Princely Family of Monaco Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royals-reporter said:
Hello,

Where can i find some information about the princesse grace foundation and the many benefit action she did???

Thanks

You can probably find alot of information on line about the foundation and awards. It is based in New York City. Also I would think that any number of Monaco websites would tell you about it. Monaco has an embassy or consulate in New York and I'm sure someone there could help you if you called or sent them an E-Mail.

Kaffir, thanx for links. I didn't know princess Caroline was the GPA board of directors Chairman, I always thought it was Albert.:)

I have question about princess Caroline. I know she is considered intellectual within her family. She is very well-read, has a lot of intrestets. What was her major at University. Has she graduated?

Lakshmi said:
I have question about princess Caroline. I know she is considered intellectual within her family. She is very well-read, has a lot of intrestets. What was her major at University. Has she graduated?
She graduated from the Sorbonne University where she studied Philosophy and Psichology(for children), she also made a course of Psichology at Oxford

Rosana, thank you for your response. Additionally I've learnt Caroline studied at Oxford.:)

Lakshmi said:
HRH has a degree in Political Science I believe from the Sorbonne.
She speaks five modern romantic languages and knows Latin and Greek.
She is an avid poetry reader.Stephanie has said of her that she reads five books a week, so she is extremely literate.
Yes she is an intellectual of calibre.

Jaya said:
She speaks five modern romantic languages and knows Latin and Greek.
She is an avid poetry reader.Stephanie has said of her that she reads five books a week, so she is extremely literate.
Yes she is an intellectual of calibre.
Five books a week??? Even if you read 24 hours a day you cannot read such many books !! Girls, don't be funny!!;)

Jaya said:
No, she doesn´t. She started studying Politics when she moved to Paris( she was 18) but she had bad notes the first year, so she moved to what she liked most:flowers:

Lakshmi said:
Kaffir, thanx for links. I didn't know princess Caroline was the GPA board of directors Chairman, I always thought it was Albert.:)

When Princess Grace died Rainier split most of Grace's duties between Albert and Caroline. Caroline got the Princess Grace foundation amont others.

drusi66 said:
Five books a week??? Even if you read 24 hours a day you cannot read such many books !! Girls, don't be funny!!;)[/quot
It is known that italians do not read a lot, but please don't write these things about reading; a person who finds reading books interesting can read a small book in few hours...(you need a minute per page)

Supernova, You said It's known Italian do not read a lot. I did not know that.:ermm: I thought everyone who can read.

Jaya, as you said Princess Caroline read 5 books a week.. Wow, she must read a lot and I am sure she read fast. Where do you hear about her reading 5 books a week? I wish I could read 5 books a week or a month. hehe.:)

I read Princess Stephanie and Princess Grace read a lot too.
I would like to know if anyone can tell me who are 3 Princesses' favourite authors/subjects?

Chantal

Chantal Clement said:
I would like to know if anyone can tell me who are 3 Princesses' favourite authors/subjects?

Chantal
From Caroline´s biography i can tell you she liked Stefan Sweig, Rilke, Wilde, Borges. Now she must have other favourites.

Thanks for your information about Princess Caroline's favourite authors, Rosana.:)

Chantal;)

drusi66 said:
Five books a week??? Even if you read 24 hours a day you cannot read such many books !! Girls, don't be funny!!;)
I read more than that.... and most of my friends do too.
We are not funny but literate and fast.Princess Caroline reads that much in a slow week.

rosana said:
No, she doesn´t. She started studying Politics when she moved to Paris( she was 18) but she had bad notes the first year, so she moved to what she liked most:flowers:
Very well, I was close about the beginning of studies.....and glad she moved on too
thanks so much

Lucia Rose said:
Did Grace ever smoke? Becaus eher children well her daughters are all heavy smokers it seems.
After the movie"Mogambo" Grace began to smoke and tapered her silhouette down. I think it was Ava Gardner that influenced her.You can see it in her movies as she gradually reduces.Around the time of her marriage however she lost ten pounds by dieting, just for the camera and the wedding pics.Then she smoked in private for years as the Princess. I do not know about later years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaya said:
I read more than that.... and most of my friends do too.
We are not funny but literate and fast.Princess Caroline reads that much in a slow week.
If you do so, I am happy for you .
I think that most of people who has a work, a family , a house to take care of find no enough time to dedicate to reading in spite of the interest in reading. I think I am talking abt the majority of people but, of course, I can be wrong.
I found strange that PC , who has a very very very busy life : family, official duties, her role as ambassador of Unicef, her activity for Amade , Pres. of the Ballet in MC , ministry of culture in the Principailty, attending fashion shows, cultural events and I don t remember what else more ... well, I simply found strange she could find the time to read so much a week !

iceflower said:
Steph and Albert visiting a school in Monaco at the beginning of february, they both looked great :)

Steph and Albert

I wonder why it is not 'Steph and Al' if you like it to commonize their names?

:neutral:

Henri M. said:

Because Steph herself prefers that name and Albert is the Sovereign.

Its not disrespectful.

Suonymona said:
Because Steph herself prefers that name and Albert is the Sovereign.

Its not disrespectful.
When Albert was going to college in the US he used to introduce himself to people as Al but with no last name ,or as Al Grimaldi, but he hasn't gone by Al since college as far as I know.

Henri M. said:

Suonymona has already answered your question perfectly and I can add that I always call them like this, plus: "Al" is a name I myself do not like, it reminds me too much of that tv character Al Bundy..

I think Albert used Al in college to appear more normal. But even know his old college and fraternity pals use Albert now--note the interview one gave about their 25th reunion.

Many people often shorten their names informally until they get used to (or come to prefer) the longer version of their name. Look at Kate/Catherine Middleton.

HSH The Sovereign Prince Albert works much better than "Prince Al". It sounds like a weird Disney character!

Suonymona said:
I think Albert used Al in college to appear more normal. But even know his old college and fraternity pals use Albert now--note the interview one gave about their 25th reunion.

Many people often shorten their names informally until they get used to (or come to prefer) the longer version of their name. Look at Kate/Catherine Middleton.

HSH The Sovereign Prince Albert works much better than "Prince Al". It sounds like a weird Disney character!

I think so too he probably wanted to blend in and Albert sounded to formal for a college kid.

Lakshmi said:
I'm suprised what Albert is wearing this evening. All guys are wearing suits or tuxedos but PA has a transparent shirt on that occasion.:huh: It's something I would not expect from him. His style is usually more classy on such occasions like evening concert. While I think he has a good style I don't like it tonight.
The shirt Albert is wearing is called a Barong and it's from the Philippines. It's only used in formal occasions such as weddings. Seeing as it was probably summer when the pic was taken was probably the reason why he wore it. It's made out of pineapple fibers and there are so many design with lots of intricate embroidery. They are absolutely beautiful.

mcq said:
The shirt Albert is wearing is called a Barong and it's from the Philippines. It's only used in formal occasions such as weddings. Seeing as it was probably summer when the pic was taken was probably the reason why he wore it. It's made out of pineapple fibers and there are so many design with lots of intricate embroidery. They are absolutely beautiful.

Perhaps Princess Caroline brought it to him from her visit.

lea said:
Perhaps Princess Caroline brought it to him from her visit.

I Think Albert was there last summer and ordered some made. He wore one to a concert last summer I believe.

Glistening Seas

:) oh-h-h-h well, i l-o-v-e that pineapple shirt on PA it's beautiful i didn't know they could that with pineapple fibers however, it's the color that looks gorgeous with his complexion. Does PA prefer Bebert (i can't figure out how to prounouce it phonetically) but it's cute or Al.:angel: :D :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what his sisters call him. I doubt anyone else could get away with it!

I know stephanie calls him that because she could not say albert when she was little and all three of her kids call him that also , not sure about Caroline

Tonto or tonte- (not sure of the pronunciation) is what the Casiraghi Trio call him. It means uncle in an affectionate (informal) way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom