The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
I believe this female cousin is Princess Ira von Furstenberg. She was the only female linked to Rainier after Grace's death. I don't know how far their relationship had gone, but Rainier had no intentions of remarrying. Egon von Furstenberg, designer and brother of Ira, was also close to the Grimaldis. He knew Caroline, Albert, and Stephanie well. He would often speak of them when asked for "insider" info, especially on the relationship bet. Caro and Steph. He never spoke ill of them. Diane von Furstenberg was a cousin-in-law.
Thats her thanks I knew she was the only one but the name escaped me only I never looked it up to respond I forgot.

Old 09-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw2108
Stephanie IS obviously a very courageous person. Some people will probably never stop being critical of her. But her critics already lost their wars against her long ago because Stephanie won not only those past battles but also the ones to come. And she has demonstrated that. It would be nice if, say for example, a president would take time to spend time with only a few people in the same way we read about Stephanie spending time with many more.

David
You're right David.
One thing is for sure: Stephanie is one sweet understander who helps people and tries to be there for everyone who needs it.

Old 09-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
You're right David.
One thing is for sure: Stephanie is one sweet understander who helps people and tries to be there for everyone who needs it.
The same thing came on my mind while reading all the posts..So many "rocks" have been hit on Stephanie during the years and every time she fighted back. If that is not courage don't know what it is..Stephanie is definately capable for the role of Minister for Social Affaires..People in need don't look necessairly on material/financial things, one warm hug and a big smile do more than we can imagine..People feel that they are loved and there is always someone outhere who cares about them and puts smile on their faces giving back the hope in better world:)
Old 09-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Aristocracy

I am still new to posting, but I must say that I have developed a great respect for Stephanie due to the warm insights that Michelle has shared. Michelle's posts really emphasize the inner stength that Stephanie has.... I think Stephanie is a true survivor!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
You're right David.
I can tell that from the lyrics to her music, as well the way she titles her songs and albums.

David
Old 09-13-2005, 05:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
I am still new to posting, but I must say that I have developed a great respect for Stephanie due to the warm insights that Michelle has shared. Michelle's posts really emphasize the inner stength that Stephanie has.... I think Stephanie is a true survivor!
Oh, thank you soooo much , teense .... that's my purpuse :p:)....
.... what I truely believe....
Old 09-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
During her speach at the 'Aids evening 05' Stephanie said.

" My dear Albert, tonight I want to thank you. You are always by my side and you're always there to support me, no matter what it is. I love you."

...then, as Albert smiled she wiped away a tear ....
It's really emotional, i was not there but i have just read your information, it's really makes me feel a lot of emotions,.....It's really sweet, i'm sure that they have really good relationship with each other, and always support each other when in really worst time, and share the happinesses when in the great time, i think Stephanie, with the love and support from her brother and the epople in Monaco, she will do great work.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 10-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Serene Highness

did Princess Grace's have other men after she was married

Years ago I read some where that Princess Grace ,

had affairs after her marriage to Princes Rainer , does any one
know if this is true ??????? Im sorry if there is a theart already up
about this?
Old 10-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

No I dont think she did she had to many people around her she never went anywere alone and I really dont think she was that kind of person she loved her husband and children to much for that.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18
No I dont think she did she had to many people around her she never went anywere alone and I really dont think she was that kind of person she loved her husband and children to much for that.
I think Princess Grace had far too much class to ever do something like that. Besides...she was devoted to her family.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Courtier

People often talk about the time when Rainier and Grace seemed separated in the late 60s/early 70s. I think it was a natural evolution of their relationship.
They had friends and hobbies and lives apart from each other. Psychologists say that is actually a healthy sign of a relationship, something that keeps the 'core' of the marriage fresh.

I do not at ALL believe Grace physically stepped-out of her marriage. She may have been depressed her children were growing up and on with their lives, but she was getting more active in entertainment for charity causes.

Rumors are just that. The only two people that would know are gone. I think it appropriate to let the rumors go that way as well.

Ann
Old 10-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Gentry

Question Princess Stephanie's Restaurant/business?

There was a thread posted earlier with comments attributed to Princess Stephanie. In it they mention "her cafe" "restaurant." Does she own businesses in Monaco?
Old 10-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Courtier

Stephanie used to own the Replay store and cafe in Monaco. I think she still owns a couple of Replay stores elsewhere in Europe. It was also reported that she recently bought the Le Lamparo restaurant near Monaco. :)

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 10-05-2005, 03:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
Stephanie used to own the Replay store and cafe in Monaco. I think she still owns a couple of Replay stores elsewhere in Europe. It was also reported that she recently bought the Le Lamparo restaurant near Monaco. :)
Perfectly right. The Reply stores and restaurants in Barcelona and Amsterdam are still belonging to Stephanie ( at least to some percentages).
Old 10-05-2005, 04:32 AM
Serene Highness

thanks , its only because when I read this it really shocked me that's all,
Old 10-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
Years ago I read some where that Princess Grace ,

had affairs after her marriage to Princes Rainer , does any one
know if this is true ??????? Im sorry if there is a theart already up
about this?
Nope, its the other way around...Before her marriage,Princess Grace had many male admirers and been linked to co-stars like Clark Gable, Cary Grant, and Oleg Cassini..But when she got engaged and married, these affairs were put to history and Grace became a devoted princess, mother and wife..There were rumours of extra-marital affairs, but these were all nasty gossips,hangovers from the pre-Monaco, hollywood era of Grace Kelly..

Old 10-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

I knew about her love life before her marriage ,
but this book which for the life of me I cant remeber who wrote it ,
started listing all the men she had after her marriage (in her later years)
However Im glad its all nasty gossip ! thanks
Old 10-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

what about rainier

did rainier have affairs?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
I knew about her love life before her marriage ,
but this book which for the life of me I cant remeber who wrote it ,
started listing all the men she had after her marriage (in her later years)
However Im glad its all nasty gossip ! thanks
I happen to read somewhere that once that wicked Junot insinuated that he wouldn't have been surprise if Grace had had an affair with Hungarian director Robert "something", since they were often together, even when Philippe and Caro went dining out with Grace.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
I happen to read somewhere that once that wicked Junot insinuated that he wouldn't have been surprise if Grace had had an affair with Hungarian director Robert "something", since they were often together, even when Philippe and Caro went dining out with Grace.
You're right, Tosca. Robert Dolhem, I think. Don't exactly remember the last name. He worked with Grace on a project and he was supposed to work with her again in 1982. Yes, I read Junot said that. I think Junot was quoted in the biography, Grace by Robert Lacey. Like they were double dating or something. At that time, Princess Grace was staying in Paris most of the time with Caroline and Stephanie. I think this director said something like Prince Rainier was very tolerant, as there were a number of times when the three of them (Rainier, Grace and him) would dine together. Again, these tidbits are just from a book. I don't personally believe them.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Closed Thread