General Questions about the Princely Family of Monaco Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Grace ever smoke? Becaus eher children well her daughters are all heavy smokers it seems.

Stars (back when they were stars and not just celebrities who acted on and off-screen) were not generally photographed smoking out of politeness.

However, Grace seems to have smoked as a means of weight-control while she was modelling and early on while in Hollywood. Varying accounts (depending upon which book and/or article you read) have her stopping around 1952 or 53 at the insistence of a male companion (or lover and again, which one depends on the writer).

She did seem to start again in the late 1970s when she put on a little weight (to me she just filled out and looked graciously) but it was sporadic and always clandestine. This was around the time her daughters were highly impressionable to the activity and most likely when Caroline for sure picked it up.

If Grace were still around *sigh*, I think she would have pressured them to quit before it became so damaging. And perhaps have chastized Charlotte for picking up the habit.

Ann

Ya Charlotte,Pierre,Andrea have all picked up on smoking what a bad habit. Stephanies children will probably pick up on i too whne their older.

Grace in her Hollywood acting days was very slender she was 5'7 only 115 pounds too skinny. Lots of woman use smoking as a weight control.

Doctors actually did commercials (some live) during television programmes (like I Love Lucy and the Honeymooners) PROMOTING smoking back in the 1950s. There were other programmes that for years were sponsored by tobacco companies.

Ann

According to Judy Balaban Quine in her book The Bridesmaids, Grace did not smoke, and was allergic to tobacco smoke (she regularly suffered from allergies and colds). She mentioned this in the part where she wondered what Grace, being a non-smoker, thought about Caroline's smoking.

In a later chapter, Judy recounted an incident which introduced Stephanie's smoking. Judy was talking to Caroline whose lit cigarette was picked by Stephanie from the nearby ashtray. Stephanie allegedly inhaled like a pro, which Caroline did not object to. Judy was amazed as to how early Steph must have picked the habit up since she was barely in her teens at that time and showed how comfortable she is with her sister's cigarette.

How to all! :flowers:
I have one interesting question: who is Princess Merriet of Monaco :ohmy: (not sure in the right spelling)? Yesterday in the TV news I heard that Monaco Princess with this name arrived to attend in the Delphy Games hold this year in Astana/Kazakhstan. It was an absolutely unknown blond looking in her late 40's in big black glasses. Who is she - dummy princess (who pretended to appear instead of Steph or Caro) or just relative of Grimaldi family?

AquaMarine said:
I have one interesting question: who is Princess Merriet of Monaco :ohmy: (not sure in the right spelling)? Yesterday in the TV news I heard that Monaco Princess with this name arrived to attend in the Delphy Games hold this year in Astana/Kazakhstan. It was an absolutely unknown blond looking in her late 40's in big black glasses. Who is she - dummy princess (who pretended to appear instead of Steph or Caro) or just relative of Grimaldi family?

I was thinking Princess Mette-Marit of Norway until you said late 40's & big black glasses. I thought maybe the news people said the wrong country. Now I'm completely stumped. Maybe it is some imposter/wanna be princess.

Last edited:
libra65 said:
I was thinking Princess Metter-Marit of Norway until you said late 40's & big black glasses. I thought maybe the news people said the wrong country. Now I'm completely stumped. Maybe it is some imposter/wanna be princess.

Marocco maybe and not Monaco? :wacko: Really don't know...

May be you are right and the journalist mentioned Monaco mistakenly, instead of Marocco :ermm: How does Maroccan Princess look and what is her name? Alas, I know about Marocco Royal House not so much :)

Marrocan princess, the wife of king Mohammad, is Lalla Salma. She is in her late twenties and has long red hair.

If you meant Lalla Salma, I know her, but, now I see that the festival organizers evidently played a hoax on people visiting this event :cool:

Who Is The Godchildren Of...

Who Is The Godchildren Of:

Princess Caroline Of Monaco
Princess Stephanie Of Monaco
Prince Albert Ii Of Monaco
Charlotte
Andrea
Princess Grace Kelly
Prince Rainier

Thanks

Princess of Monaco said:
Who Is The Godchildren Of:

Princess Caroline Of Monaco
Princess Stephanie Of Monaco
Prince Albert Ii Of Monaco
Charlotte
Andrea
Princess Grace Kelly
Prince Rainier

Thanks
In the Royal Chit Chat there´s a thread about this. I´m not sure if you can find something there
Caroline: Nine DÚrzo (daughter of Ines de la Fressange)
Pauline Ducruet
Stephanie:Andrea
Albert: Louis Ducruet
Charlotte: her sister Alexandra

AquaMarine said:

If you have indeed confused Morocco with Monaco, it could be Princess Lalla Meryem of Morocco (sister of King Mohammer VI). She was born in 1962, so she is in her 40's but last time I saw her, she was not blond and I have never seen her wearing glasses. :ermm:

Avalon said:
If you have indeed confused Morocco with Monaco, it could be Princess Lalla Meryem of Morocco (sister of King Mohammer VI). She was born in 1962, so she is in her 40's but last time I saw her, she was not blond and I have never seen her wearing glasses. :ermm:
Avalon, dear :) , you should read my messages more carefully. If someone was confused, it was only a journalist, not me! ;)
The journalist was clearly saying about MONACO Princess. I just repeated her words and described the blond woman in sun-glasses I saw.
Yes, I agree Princess Lalla Meryem on the below pics, which I found on this site, up to some extend, reminds me that blond woman, but (!) I cannot confirm that it was definitely Maroccan Princess.
The "Princess" appeared on the Delphic Games was neither elegant nor sharming and, besides, she had very untidy and badly coloured hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks rosana for the fast information!!! :flowers:

rosana said:
In the Royal Chit Chat there´s a thread about this. I´m not sure if you can find something there
Caroline: Nine DÚrzo (daughter of Ines de la Fressange)
Pauline Ducruet
Stephanie:Andrea
Albert: Louis Ducruet
Charlotte: her sister Alexandra

Could someone answer the first question about how tall they are? Thanxz

britty1 said:
Could someone answer the first question about how tall they are? Thanxz
On page 3 you can find a thread about this, but no one knows exactly their heights.

monaco70s said:
That certainly will be something to see... ;) lol

In one of the video's of Prince Albert's Ascension Mass. HRH Princess Caroline curtsey’s to him. She is the only one that did. I was so impressed to see that, she afforded him the respect he deserved as a Reigning Sovereign.

do the grimaldis celebrate thanksgiving since grace was an american?

^never read an article or saw pics of them for this event.:ermm:

Not officially they don't, but there are a lot of thanks giving events here in several restaurants.

paca said:
Not officially they don't, but there are a lot of thanks giving events here in several restaurants.

Stars & Bars is one of the restaurants having Thanksgiving dinner.

you mean thanksgiving for america? or thanksgiving for monaco? is it for the american citizens that live there? or is it to flatter grace?

mw7060a said:
Stars & Bars is one of the restaurants having Thanksgiving dinner.
yes, among others. I have seen several restaurants advertise, but didn't pay much attention since it is of no importance to me personally.

hsieh said:
you mean thanksgiving for america? or thanksgiving for monaco? is it for the american citizens that live there? or is it to flatter grace?
the american holiday. It is addressed to American residents and those who need a reason to party. And no, no one needs and wants to flatter Grace, because she will hardly know about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Grace DID know about it, that would be cause for celebration indeed! :clap: :shock:

Hmm, Saint Albert the miracle worker? :lol: Well, they do say sinners make the best candidates!

Ann (yes I'm already prepping the blasted err, thawed from organic frozen birds) :bang:

does any of the extended or immediate monaco clan like snakes?

Glistening Seas

:) hello every-one w-e-ll not just in America but here for us in Europe too any reason to p-a-r-t-y is a good reason to party. So, let's all party hearty shall we:ROFLMAO:

the princess grace foundation

Hello,

Is somebody knowing something about the princesse grace foundation ???

Like, before Now and his phylosophy???

Thank youuuuuu

Royals reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom