The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
I have attended Catholic Mass's since I was a teenager even though I wasn't officially accepted into the Catholic Church until this year. I am allowed to take communion haveing been accepted into the Church. I have a child that is seen as illegitamate.
Thanks for answering my question, I really did not know how that worked.

Old 07-13-2005, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
Thanks for answering my question, I really did not know how that worked.
You are welcome any time.

Old 07-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
I think God is far too inteligent to attach any importance to our differences. Right?
I'm not sure I fully understand that sorry.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Right! It is pretty sad that the "Church" has all these rules and traditions when it does not align with what God says! In most non-denominational churches nowadays, children who are born out of wedlock are not looked down upon and that goes for the parents too. Of course we encourage all to live chaste and wait until marriage, but when ppl make mistakes we encourage them repent, let God love and heal, and go on to do what He has called you to do! Because "we all sin and fall short of the glory of the Lord!"
I am not Catholic; I attend a Non-Denominational Church. My question is this; isn't there a sect (Can't think of a better word, please pardon) of Catholics that are more Charismatic? Does some of the Belgium Royals attend this type of Catholic Church even though they definitely support the Pope?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Serene Highness

I believe you are referring to a sect called Opus Dei. As I understand it Princess Astrid of Belgium and some other members are members. Can anyone else clarify? I know I read this in a post somewhere....
Old 07-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Serene Highness

....sorry, I meant to write and some other BRF are members...
Old 07-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
I believe you are referring to a sect called Opus Dei. As I understand it Princess Astrid of Belgium and some other members are members. Can anyone else clarify? I know I read this in a post somewhere....
Thanks Emily! I found an "Unofficial Reference" on the Web. Here is the link.

http://www.mond.at/opus.dei/opus.dei.uo.faq.html
Old 07-16-2005, 03:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
I'm not sure I fully understand that sorry.
Reina understood it very well. Anyway by saying that I meant that your daugther may be considered as illegitimate by the Church - I'd better say its representatives -, but God has no illegitimate children.

Ciao!
Old 07-16-2005, 03:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Source: "FAMIGLIA CRISTIANA" (Catholic mag ) #20 July 17th 2005.

ANNUlMENT: The sentence by which an ecclesiastic tribunal (Sacra Romana Rota ) declares that a marriage has never taken place, since this has been lacking in its most important requirements.

All common-law spouses or those who married in a civil ceremony have to marry in the Church in order to be allowed to take the sacraments.

Divorced people that remarried in a civil ceremony are not admitted to either take the communion, or be godparents or witnesses at weddings. They also cannot be absolved in a confession.

Well hopefully I made it clear enough. I recall that in 1984 when Caro and Stefano got married, that magazine called him a "concubine" and her a "public sinner".

Grace, correggimi se sbaglio, visto che il tuo inglese è migliore del mio, perché quella ( immagino tu intuisca di chi sto parlando ) non capisce una beneamata "mazza", nonostante tutta la "cacca" che si da, e crea solo dei casini . Bacioni.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Belgian royals are roman catholic and sincere in their belief (not just going to church on their marriage). Astrid has been in touch with the charismatic movement, but she nor any other member of the BRF are part of Opus Dei or any other group/sect. Those are rumours spread by a few journalists who have always tried to shed a negative light on the Belgian monarchy.

The belgian royals are sincere in their faith, and certainly consider it as something personal. They have respect for people without a religion, or who belief something else then they do.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What is Stephanie's new role?

So, what is Albert going to have Stephanie do? It seems like he is supportive of her work with AIDS/HIV charities.

I read somewhere that Stephanie was going to assume Caroline's work (and I guess Caroline was going to retire? That sounds silly.).
Old 08-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
So, what is Albert going to have Stephanie do? It seems like he is supportive of her work with AIDS/HIV charities.

I read somewhere that Stephanie was going to assume Caroline's work (and I guess Caroline was going to retire? That sounds silly.).
:) You never retire of a job as a princess :)
Stephanie is involved in many obligations in the principality ( charities, the Circus Festival - which she probably will be head of now and so on)
Caroline and Stephanie always shared the duties due to their interests.
It was said that Stephanie will now assume the role of a some kind of Minister for Social Affaires ...but I think we'll see...
As it is Stephanie who lives in Monaco it'll possibly be her who'll assume the Monaco First Lady role most of the time...anyway Caroline is always present when needed.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I thought that maybe Caroline was going to pull back a little and concentrate on her family (EA needs to be concentrated on!).

But I didn't believe that she'd just disappear and allow Steph to do everything. I think Caroline has too commanding a personality for that (the curse of the first-born and elder daughter, I'm one too).

But it's wonderful if Albert carves out a special role for Stephanie, especially if it's something she'd like to do. I was afraid that she'd be cast adrift after her father's death.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Stephanie and Albert

During her speach at the 'Aids evening 05' Stephanie said.

" My dear Albert, tonight I want to thank you. You are always by my side and you're always there to support me, no matter what it is. I love you."

...then, as Albert smiled she wiped away a tear ....
Old 08-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for telling us about her speech. An emotional one :)
Old 08-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Courtier

I hope that her feeling supported by her brother will help her spread her wings.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Aristocracy

Albert and his baby sister Stephanie have a wonderful rapport. I am sure he will guide her to where she needs to be.

The articles I have read thus far regarding the AIDS benefit was a success and Stephanie thanked her brother for supporting her.

There is no doubt in my mind she will be doing many great things in Monaco since her brother has inherited the throne.

I am so happy for Stephanie; I agree she will now spread her wings.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Completly agree with you, Lynda...:-)
Old 08-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
During her speach at the 'Aids evening 05' Stephanie said.

" My dear Albert, tonight I want to thank you. You are always by my side and you're always there to support me, no matter what it is. I love you."

...then, as Albert smiled she wiped away a tear ....

Aww...that's so sweet. Thanks for sharing, michelle.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Stephanie ....

....why is she considered to be some kind of clueless and way too wild?

It is, and I understand that as well, the way she lives, the way she acts, the choices she makes…the conditions of life she creates for herself.

But did anybody ever try to look behind?! She is, and I wont say this is not some of her fault as well, always said to be highly irresponsible and wacky in all she is doing. Do you really think that’s true? If that was really the case would her children be okay ( what they obviously are) then?!

I start this discussion here because I know that this image and consideration is what Stephanie hurts the most. It isn’t the pictures taken which worries her that much. She grew up with that kind of attention and although living under this observation can be difficult and bothering; she never got to know it differently. It can get on your nerves but as far as I understand it is bearable…finally it is ( if the limits are somehow respected ! ) …

But what do you think it must be like to be seen as and considered irrational, wacky , irresponsible, inferior compared to your elder sister and always acting without any logical way of thinking … all your life?! I absolutely are and I am fine with people saying : ‘ Well, she’s not my kind’ …as it is always a question of taste. But all along the way Stephanie gets too much insulting comments, she has to live with a certain ‘bad’ image …and above all there is not enough respect offered towards her. Everything is apparently guiding back to that day in September 1982 …. yes, she was shocked, traumatized, helpless and devastated plus things will certainly never completely heal …but why do people think she’s totally out of control since then ?! I guess it took her quite some time to research and find her own self…I’m sure she found it! She knows who she is, what she wants, which way to go …it’s the people who don’t want to accept that or understand. Everyone is therefore convinced she would not make a good princess, First Lady or whatever for Monaco. This is just an image, guys….an image that is spread around! Nobody ever tends to question this … at least only a few people do. I see and agree that this image of a crazy, irresponsible Stephanie sells better than showing an intelligent, well educated, satisfied and confident 40 year old woman. Still this is no reason to treat her like a weirdo all the time. I believe it is hard to judge from far away and that’s why I also think that sometimes people should be more careful if they judge a person like Stephanie. For her it is not very easy if not to say there is almost no way to convince people that she is worth as much as her older sister Caroline…that she is equally hard working and concerned in order to fulfil her role as Monaco’s princess…and thus deserves to be equally accepted and above all respected.