General information and questions about Monaco and the Princely Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Golden Foot Award is on Oct. 10th, so too late.
I also have the problem with public appearences but next week and hopefully I'll get some information IN Monaco.
But the visit at the Oceanographic Museum and the Palace is a MUST :cool:

The Awards ceremony for the Prince Pierre of Monaco Foundation is on Oct 4, and the 26th Monte-Carlo Magic Stars is on the 5th-9th.

This site might be some help, as well as checking Monaco's palace website, and the government website.

...Smush, you suggested the Oceanographic museum....isn't that right next to St Martin and St. Pierre, Caro and Steph's homes?. Just a thought. ;)
Another must stop is to see where Grace/Rainier are buried in Cathedral du St. Nicholas.

Another useful site of cool stuff to check out in Monaco.

And the 30th anniversary gala opening of The Princess Grace Theatre on Oct 1-3 (gala on the 3rd). "An Ideal Husband" is the performance.

You might want to check AS Monaco FC too-Albert & Steph's kids (and sometimes Andrea and Pierre) are known to frequent games-well the ducruets used to anyway.

Last edited:
Is Monaco a country where the spouse of the reigning Prince has to be Catholic for them to marry?

Is Monaco a country where the spouse of the reigning Prince has to be Catholic for them to marry?

No. Before Charlene married Albert the Archbishop made it clear that there was no need for her to convert to Roman Catholicism, although she did do so.

About the Princely Palace...

Does someone know who has access to the pool except Prince Albert and Princess Charlene???

Are you all aware that in Monaco people are not entirely free to speak about the royal family? I guess you are, so the reports from Monaco are not at all relieble for me.

In Monaco, theycan say what they want about the princely family, it is not a dictatur. this country belongs to Europe and there is a court at Stassbourg where every body can claim if he is condamned in his country Monaco as others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you all aware that in Monaco people are not entirely free to speak about the royal family? I guess you are, so the reports from Monaco are not at all relieble for me.

It seems that if the comment is not negative you do not find it reliable.:ermm:

Of course I'm aware,since the time of Prince Rainier in fact..I'm aware of the censorship etc,but it'll be like opening a can of worms and I don't wish to speak ill of the dead(deceased members of the RF).Monaco is after all,a shady place for shady people. I love and been following this family all my life (i'm 38 yrs old btw) but I'm no blind to their flaws too.They're just human beings after all.:)

Of course I'm aware,since the time of Prince Rainier in fact..I'm aware of the censorship etc,but it'll be like opening a can of worms and I don't wish to speak ill of the dead(deceased members of the RF).Monaco is after all,a shady place for shady people. I love and been following this family all my life (i'm 38 yrs old btw) but I'm no blind to their flaws too.They're just human beings after all.:)

Same here. I´ve been following the family since I was a child, and I do not intend to critizice their way of living. It´s up to them if they accept it. Some said Monaco was a place where one´s will was everybody´s benefit. That used to be like that, but times have changed and the country faces different problems from the Rainier times. I started to hear some complaints some time ago, on TV, on internet. So I do not think they see all perfect and magical, as some want to depcit the situation.

It's their private pool. The palace is owned by Prince Albert not the government. Only invited guests can swim there.

Monaco is after all,a shady place for shady people.

Actually, the phrase is: "A sunny place for shady people" A phrase that PA has been trying to change for at least the last decade. Monaco seems like a nice place that (in the past) has attracted folks that don't have the best of intentions.

No place is perfect and there are always people who will complain no matter how well they have it. Monaco has the highest standard of living in the world so I don't think they can really complain especially when most of the world is currently in recession or depression.

No place is perfect and there are always people who will complain no matter how well they have it. Monaco has the highest standard of living in the world so I don't think they can really complain especially when most of the world is currently in recession or depression.

Well, even of you think they don´t have the right (and that is quite unfair) they do. They complain for instance because some could lose their houses. Have you thought that not all the monegasques can afford the high living standard of the principality? That some of them are forced to leave their houses because more skycrapers have to be built? I think it´s a good reason to complain. No one knows what the situation is until one talks to "real people" or hear the speak frankly, without the restriction they have always had.

Those were French people who were receiving a housing subsidy from Monaco. Probably someone in the family at one time was essential personel.eg policeman, firemen and they continued to get the subsidy after they were no longer essential. Heaven forbid that a Frenchman might have to move to France and pay fair market value for his apartment. Monagasque citizens are still eligible for the subsidy.I did read that they were trying to resolve the problem; especially with the elderly.

I think the law is that you can't insult the royal family. That doesn't mean you can't complain about issues. Even if you did insult them you would probably just get a ticket, not go to jail.The residents of Monaco live very well. It's not a 3rd world country dictatorship.Actually, Monaco is run simiarly to the Disney theme parks. They run a very tight and disciplined ship and it's "the happiest place in the world".

Not sure if im in the right thread to ask this, but are Princess Caroline and Ernst divorced?

Not sure if im in the right thread to ask this, but are Princess Caroline and Ernst divorced?

I'm not so sure they are even separated; if they were Caroline likely would've gone back to using HSH Princess Caroline of Monaco, but on the palace website, she's still using Princess of Hanover. No-one with the exception of them-really knows what's going on between them. All we know is that they have not been seen together publicly since June 2009, thus living separate lives, and nothing more. However, it is assumed they have legally separated.

Actually, the phrase is: "A sunny place for shady people" A phrase that PA has been trying to change for at least the last decade. Monaco seems like a nice place that (in the past) has attracted folks that don't have the best of intentions.

Yeah,I know..it was an observation made my WS Maugham.I was in bed,dogtired and about to sleep i did'nt get to correct it.Thanks anyway.

Those were French people who were receiving a housing subsidy from Monaco. Probably someone in the family at one time was essential personel.eg policeman, firemen and they continued to get the subsidy after they were no longer essential. Heaven forbid that a Frenchman might have to move to France and pay fair market value for his apartment. Monagasque citizens are still eligible for the subsidy.I did read that they were trying to resolve the problem; especially with the elderly.

I think the law is that you can't insult the royal family. That doesn't mean you can't complain about issues. Even if you did insult them you would probably just get a ticket, not go to jail.The residents of Monaco live very well. It's not a 3rd world country dictatorship.Actually, Monaco is run simiarly to the Disney theme parks. They run a very tight and disciplined ship and it's "the happiest place in the world".

You really make honor to your nickname lol. Are you going to contradict everything one says, it seems. I was referring to Monegasques, not French. I heard one of them speak in front of millions of people, saying she was about to move she didn´t know where, asking the prince if he was aware of the citizens problems! I am not sure if they complain about issues they will receive the same benefits from the state, many monegasques, even if it sounds strange, have fled to France.

And as for the "happiest" place in the world, I think you are relating happiness to high living standard. Well, If you revise the list of suicide rates from the WHO, what the first world countries call the third world countries are not in the first place. And I read Monaco has quite a high rate for such a small country. So, happiness and money do not always go together.

I'm not so sure they are even separated; if they were Caroline likely would've gone back to using HSH Princess Caroline of Monaco, but on the palace website, she's still using Princess of Hanover. No-one with the exception of them-really knows what's going on between them. All we know is that they have not been seen together publicly since June 2009, thus living separate lives, and nothing more. However, it is assumed they have legally separated.

Rosana could you provide references for your statements? I don't remember reading anything about citizens not being able to afford to rent; only not being able to afford to buy housing. Some of them couldn't come up with the down payment even with government help. I don't know of any country where everyone can afford to buy a home. A government can only do so much. It is not your parent. You have to make some effort on your own. As for happiness, only the individual can provide that for themselves. In the US everyone complains how bad it is here and yet hundreds of thousands of people continue to come here illegally every year.

The source is a report on CNN in Spanish. I don´t think the video is available on internet. This woman complaint because she was forced to leave her home, where a huge skycraper was to be built. But anyway, the thing is I don´t mean to intend eveeybody wants to escape from Monaco, only that things are not perfect, not all Monegasques are happy with their country being a paradise for rich, where everything is made for them, and not everybody agrees with the wedding being beneficial as some want to convince as here.

People will always complain no matter how good they have it. Monaco offers a very nice lifestyle for those who live there. And I don't just mean those in the high rent section. The citizens are well taken care of. Its the French living there that don't want to leave. I can't blame them but it's not Monaco's responsibility to take of French citizens who can't pay their way.

Last edited:
Yes. These guys were polishing the wood on the boat.
Days before there was no boat, probably because of the yacht show.

The Villa Paloma in Monaco is showing "Caroline de Monaco", portraits by Helmut Newton,
Francesco Vezzolli, Andy Warhol and Robert Wilson as one of three current exhibitions.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

These are surely the most special ones:

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Back
Top Bottom