The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-17-2014, 08:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

(..) such a shame the collection is being broken up.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 12-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Commoner

Elevated to HRH instead of HSH?

I cannot remember which royal family I was reading about, but I recall a Serene Highness' family being elevated to Royal Highness because of whom they married.

My question is, If the heir to the throne of Monaco married a Royal Highness, would their children become Royal Highness since it is a higher title and therefore making all future children royal highness?

Old 12-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

The example we have there is HSH Princess Caroline of Monaco who became HRH Princess Caroline of Hanover when she married Prince Ernst. Their daughter is also HRH but Caroline's children from her earlier marriage have no royal titles at all (and after this morning's birth will probably never have them).

With that precedent if the new baby boy married an HRH the it is possible that the prince could argue that his status was raised due to his marriage but as he is the ruling prince I doubt it.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Commoner

So if the new heir married williams second child if it's abgurk, would their child be Royal highness? I know it's all hypothetical but I like to think about these things.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Probably not - in the UK a girl can't pass on HRH without specific new LPs, which would only be created for an heiress apparent. In Monaco the ruling prince if only a HSH and so would pass on that rank to his children.

If the heir is a girl and she marries and HRH then the situation would be different.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I think that the example LeDerius has heard about might have been Luxembourg. Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg was a Serene Highness and Grand Duchess in her own right. She married a Royal Highness, Prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma. Their children inherited the Luxembourg title from their mother, but got the HRH from their father.

Basically the titles and styles are only inherited though the father or if the mother is the heiress.

So you see that for Monaco it would only work if a femal heiress married a Royal Highness. This could only apply if little Prince Jaques would one day followed up by his daughter. That's very far away.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:00 AM
Heir Apparent

True, in general it is the father whom determines the titulature:

HRH The Prince of Hannover x HSH Princess Caroline of Monaco
= HRH Princess Charlotte of Hannover

By virtue of marriage HSH Princess Caroline of Monaco can be addressed as HRH The Princess of Hannover (titre de courtoisie).

---

HGDH Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg, Princess of Nassau married with HRH Prince Félix de Bourbon de Parme, upon marriage created Prince de Luxembourg. So their children received the title Prince (Princess) de Bourbon de Parme with the honorific HRH. As they were members of the House of Luxembourg, they received the titles Prince of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau. Result:
HRH Prince (Princess) [name] of Luxembourg, Prince (Princess) of Nassau, Prince (Princess) de Bourbon de Parme

Old 04-19-2015, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Does Baron Jean-Léonard Taubert-Natta de Massy ever attend official functions like his mother Elisabeth and half sister Mélanie de Massy?
Old 04-20-2015, 03:36 AM
Administrator

He regularly attends official events together with the family, but he's not that much in the spotlight

Here are some various examples:

** National Day 2012 ** Red Cross Ball 2012 ** Red Cross Ball 2007 ** Opening of the Yacht Club 2014 ** National Day 2014 **
Old 07-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

Monaco land reclamation project gets green light

Interesting article in the Monaco Times - Monaco land reclamation project gets green light (http://rivieratimes.com/index.php/mo...een-light.html). The expansion PA has been exploring for several years got the go ahead. It will increase the size of the principality by about 3%.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Each year we get pics of Caroline and her family enjoying a vacation aboard Pacha 111 . Does anyone know if Stephanie and her family ever use the yacht - it seems like Caroline has claimed it for her fast growing family :)
Old 07-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Each year we get pics of Caroline and her family enjoying a vacation aboard Pacha 111 . Does anyone know if Stephanie and her family ever use the yacht - it seems like Caroline has claimed it for her fast growing family :)

I think the Pachaa belongs to Caroline. She has not claim her. It is her own yacht.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Elly C, the Pacha III is a pretty old yacht, it was built in 1936 and had other owners and names before. Stefano Casiraghi bought it in 1990, shortly before his death, for himself, Caroline and their children. So it's not a Grimaldi yacht the whole family uses. As fandesacs2003 already stated it's owned by Caroline.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you both for the information about the Pacha yacht, I hadn't realised it had "changed hands". Is there a more recent Grimaldi yacht?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Rainier used to have the Stalca. Name comes from STephanie ALbert CAroline. I do not know what happened to the yacht when he passed..
Old 07-29-2015, 08:11 PM
Serene Highness

at the time of his wedding he had the Deo Juvante and later the Carostefal. I don't know if it was before or after Stalca. But I don't think he had a yacht by the time he passed.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:52 AM
Courtier

He also had the Albercaro before Stephanie was born.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh I didn't know about the acronyms for the yachts! How cute!
Old 07-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Serene Highness

Les yachts de la famille princière de Monaco - Noblesse & Royautés
google translate:https://translate.google.be/translat...%2F&edit-text=

Maybe one day there will be a Gaja or Jaga in the port of Monaco.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Grace & Rainier's honeymoon yacht
Grace