The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know who lives in this beautiful villa at the left from Stephanies and Carolines homes?

Old 12-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Does anyone know who lives in this beautiful villa at the left from Stephanies and Carolines homes?
I thought that was Caroline's villa.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
In pictures: Monaco's most memorable royal weddings
Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo religious wedding: In pictures: Monaco's most memorable royal weddings - hellomagazine.com
Old 07-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Aristocracy

As I am going to Monaco in a few weeks I would like to know if there are any public events that any of the Royal family are attending?
Old 07-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace chic View Post
As I am going to Monaco in a few weeks I would like to know if there are any public events that any of the Royal family are attending?
Oh i am so jealous Grace chic! Have FUN
Old 07-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Royal Highness

General information and questions about Monaco and the Princely Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace chic View Post

July 18th is the Diamond League athletics. ( a good night out ) Albert & Charlene usually present the medals .

I should add that if you don't want to attend the event, it is possible to see the Royal couple as they exit the stadium - each year I have attended, I have seen them saying quite lengthy farewells to the various organisers before getting into the car. So you just need to get to the exterior of the stadium just after the event has finished. It is also worth tuning into Riviera Radio or looking in the Monaco matin while you are on holiday, because members of the family open exhibitions etc. The annual summer exhibition at the Grimaldi centre which starts sometime in July is always officially opened by a senior member of the family - but not always on the first day!
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-11-2014, 07:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

NY businessman banned from Monaco after ‘Battle Royale’ | Page Six

(not sure if this is the right thread)
Old 07-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post

#firstworldproblems
Old 07-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Serene Highness

What fun is it to be a monarch if you can't ban someone every once in a while? I love it.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

In another thread I mentioned how very few Foreign orders members of the Princely Family held asides from their own Monegasque Orders.

I had a look and I don't think HSH Prince Albert has had any Foreign Royal orders bestowed on him since his accession in 2005.I find that strange given his close relationship with many of the Royal Houses of Europe.Both Albert & Caroline were given the 1996 King Carl XVI Gustaf 50th Anniversary Medal but that seems to be it.

The late Prince Rainier III was held the following Royal orders
Knight of the Order of the Seraphim (Sweden)
Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Redeemer (Greece)
Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of George I (Greece)
Grand Cordon of the Order of Leopold (Belgium)
Knight of the Order of the Gold Lion of the House of Nassau (Netherlands)
Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Karađorđe's Star (Kingdom of Yugoslavia)
Old 07-31-2014, 02:13 AM
Royal Highness

Yes it is strange. There doesn't appear to be any explanation why and when these orders are gifted. On a similar note, who in other royal families has been presented with Monaco orders ?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-31-2014, 02:41 AM
Serene Highness

Orders are usually bestowed in the framework of a State Visit. There are hardly any State Visits to or from Monaco. Recently the Prince of Monaco made a visit to the Netherlands, see picture:
http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/sites/defaul...?itok=2LGK6XAH

This was no State Visit and no Orders were exchanged. Most likely the answer on the very few Orders lies in this. The Order in the Golden Lion of the House Nassau, mentioned on the list, is a joint Dutch-Luxembourgian Order by the way. Both the King of the Netherlands (Chef of the House Orange-Nassau) and the Grand Duke of Luxembourg (Chef of the House Nassau) are Grandmaster of this Order.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Many thanks Duc et Pair the lack of State Visits by the Monegasque Princely Couple would explain the non existent Foreign Royal Orders!
Old 07-31-2014, 01:25 PM
Royal Highness

But that leads me to a further question as to why the Monaco family do not participate in many state visits. Albert/Charlene/ Caroline attend most of the important state occasions of European royals i.e.(weddings/anniveraries and funerals) and there's a lot of diplomatic ties with other countries.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:42 AM
Royal Highness

An interesting report about the Princely family selling items from their Napoleonic collection.
A small comment indicates this is to make way for a new museum dedicated to Princess Grace.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30038666
Old 11-16-2014, 05:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
But that leads me to a further question as to why the Monaco family do not participate in many state visits. Albert/Charlene/ Caroline attend most of the important state occasions of European royals i.e.(weddings/anniveraries and funerals) and there's a lot of diplomatic ties with other countries.
Monaco is really small, it has only 30.500 inhabitants. I mean, Wassenaar, the lush residential municipality bordering The Hague, where the Dutch King Willem-Alexander has his private domain already has the same number of inhabitants... It is just a tiny dot on the map crowded by über-wealthy non-monegasques. It is for the same reason that the principalities of Liechtenstein, Andorra and San Marino also receive no State Visit. The Holy See can not be compared with the three named principalities as they "employ" around 400.000 priests, 700.000 sisters, 60.000 monks, "servicing" 1.300.000.000 catholics in all possible corners of the Globe.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is for the same reason that the principalities of Liechtenstein, Andorra and San Marino also receive no State Visit.
San Marino is not a principality. It has always been a republic.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
An interesting report about the Princely family selling items from their Napoleonic collection.
A small comment indicates this is to make way for a new museum dedicated to Princess Grace.
BBC News - Napoleon's hat expected to fetch 500,000 euros at auction

BBC News - Napoleon's hat expected to fetch 500,000 euros at auction
Yes I saw this earlier on the news,I never knew the Princely family had such a collection on Napoleon of all people!
Old 11-16-2014, 10:32 AM
Royal Highness

I find it incredible they are selling the whole collection - I found a couple of references online suggesting there is a great deal of unhappiness in the museum world that this collection is being split up, and that France is trying to secure most of it.
It is/was on exhibition in a wing of the Palace and much as I would welcome a museum to house the wonderful collection relating to Princess Grace, I am suprised that this supercedes the historic importance of the Napoleonic collection. I wouldn't have thought Monaco plc was short of a few bucks to have both. I guess it's clear though which will brings in the tourists.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:15 AM
Courtier

Prince Albert is selling hundred of Napoleon related items to fund restoration of the Palace.

BBC News - South Korean buys Napoleon's hat for 1.9m euros