The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Any ideas as to what Albert and Charlene have scheduled for October 19/20 since they are not on the official guest list for the Luxembourg wedding. Caroline will be attending.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

They will attend to the Awards princess Grace gala which will take place on october 22 , at New York ,it will be the 30 birthday of the princess grace awards , I think they could not to be missing at this celebration.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, but they could fly to NYC on the 21st for that, so I would think they must have other engagements on the 19/20th.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Nobility

yeah, they could fly even the same day, but maybe they have other engagement in the US before the awards gala itself..
Old 10-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Majesty

It may just be down to the case that Albert & Charlene's schedual won't allow them to attend. Sending The Princess of Hanover (Caroline) is the best thing to do, if they can't attend.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Albert and Charlene have known for six months that this wedding was going to happen and when....sorry but "their schedule won't allow" simply doesn't cut it.

Especially when they made certain to be present at NON direct heir William's wedding to Kate Middleton.

Unless it's something truly urgent, I don't think it's good form for the Prince and Princess of Monaco to miss this wedding.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Majesty

I'm sure if they could attend they would.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

They have a cocktail party they attend a day or so before the event I believe it is. They have also done interviews and lets not forget he might be visiting Jazmin.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Albert and Charlene have known for six months that this wedding was going to happen and when....sorry but "their schedule won't allow" simply doesn't cut it.

Especially when they made certain to be present at NON direct heir William's wedding to Kate Middleton.

Unless it's something truly urgent, I don't think it's good form for the Prince and Princess of Monaco to miss this wedding.
If it is that important, perhaps you should give them a call Phone: +377 93 25 18 31 and ask that they explain themselves to you.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Courtier

Pasted & copied from my post over in the Luxembourg wedding thread;

I have to be honest I screamed with pure delight! when I saw Caroline's name on the list!!!!

Serioulsy, IIRC she hasn't been to one of these since Danish Crown Prince Frederick married Mary Donaldson back in 2004 (8 years ago). I'll never forget that because that's when she wore the mysterious long-lost Brunswick Tiara (originally owned by Empress Josephine of France circa 1790's), shocking everyone, including moi!

http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/hannover/hannover-braunschweigisches-diadem.htm

http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/hannover/caroline-hanover-tiara.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9phine_de_Beauharnais

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/T-O7FNe5xVf/Wedding+Danish+Crown+Prince+Frederik+Mary/0hRNTC8X43-/Princess+Caroline

That said, if Albert & Charlene really do not show up I will be disappointed because they make a lovely couple, and also I've been spoilt seeing them at Victoria & Daniel's wedding, as well as Kate & William's.

If I had my wish I'd love to see Albert & Charlene representing Monaco (with Stephanie invited also) and Caroline as Hanover's representative (with one of her Hanoverian stepsons accompanying her, or even one of her daughters, one can dream, lol). In fact I recall in the past Caroline showed up at a few high profile weddings with her Hanoverian husband, and her little brother Albert was there by himself representing Monaco.

IMHO enough time has passed since her unofficial split with Ernst-August that it's okay for Caroline to join high society again. Being a staunch Catholic herself, I believe Caroline will be married to Ernst till the bitter end, for better or worse, for better or worse...
Old 10-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Courtier

Although I'm a bit disappointed that Prince Albert and Princess Charlene won't be able to attend Prince Guillaume wedding, I'm delighted that Princess Caroline will represent Monaco and Hannover, it's not very often we can see her among other royals.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Serene Highness

PC and PC won't attend the Luxembourg wedding, I am so disappointed as I've been looking forward for MONTHS to seeing PC in her tiara. They are the only royals from Europe not attending it is very strange.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Serene Highness

Oh i m so happy that she will attend and i m so looking forward to see her in all her elegance, glamour and regalness... And will she be there alone? Who will pair with her? One of her stepsons ( asuming that she ll be there representing the House of Hanover ) or one of her sons? Oh i would love to see her attending the cerimony with Andrea...
Old 10-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Charlene wouldn't be wearing a tiara anyway, the wedding is in the morning so hats only.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
PC and PC won't attend the Luxembourg wedding, I am so disappointed as I've been looking forward for MONTHS to seeing PC in her tiara. They are the only royals from Europe not attending it is very strange.
They are definitely not the only European royals not attending.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Nobility

If there's gala night, then it must be very awkward for PC to be the only wife of a Soveriegn Prince attending without any order or sash.It's actually a good news they won't be attending the royal wedding.

I am looking forward to see her dress and gown in the evening..as well as her jewellery.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Serene Highness

Sophie Wessex always looks lovely, glad that she'll be at Lux wedding but gutted that PC won't be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
They are definitely not the only European royals not attending.
I will re-phrase that to say that PA and PC are the only European Royals that I fully expected to attend the wedding who won't attend and I would love to know why. The Grand Ducal couple and the Hereditary Grand Duke were all at Albert's wedding so I can't imagine that he and PC were not invited, therefore why are they not going?
Old 10-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
If it is that important, perhaps you should give them a call Phone: +377 93 25 18 31 and ask that they explain themselves to you.
Feeble attempt at humor and wit NGalitzine? After I speak with them I can then hand you the phone so you can ask TSH what they have scheduled on Oct 19/20 that's keeping them away.. after all you were interested enough to pose the question in the first place.

I love Caroline and I'm happy that she will be there...but also disappointed in the Sovereign Prince and his wife.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Aristocracy

The Grimaldis and The US Holiday of Thanksgiving!!

Since Grace Kelly was American and she kept her citizenship after marrying. I heard that they celebrated Thanksgiving when her kids were children but I wonder if they still celebrate it? Does anyone know?

I wasn't sure where to post this.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Do the Grimaldis spend Christmas at Palais Princier or at Roc Agel? Does the entire family celebrate together or do the 3 siblings go their own way and do their own thing?