The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

Details of forthcoming exhibitions in aid of the Princess Grace Foundation & to coincide with Les Ballets de Monte Carlo's visit to the States.

Monaco, A Dream Come True

Old 01-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness

The ticket prices are really reasonable, starting at $10 per person.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Gentry

Hello,

The Monaco Channel is the last hi-tech change we been looking for, and its rising with a fast popularity.

Is a testament to its commitment to quality in royal newsgathering, from responsible media journalism. The channel and the website belong to a initiative of the Gov. of Monaco who diserve a lot of applauses.

Apart from breaking news of the activite of the Monaco Gov., and royal lifestyle advice, they are so endeavour to showcase well-written features, and activitis on a wide range; who goes from the Automobile Club of Monaco, the Oceanographic Museum, the Yacht Club, the Tourism, and of course the Foundation of Prince Albert II.
(UPS ... sorry I forgot to tell the football club)

The permanent broadcasting of our favorite royal news channel all over the world for free covering with movies, photos, lifestyle and more ... for free ... and live, is a source of pride for Monaco citizen, or residents; which, unfortunately as a French women, and Parisian, I dont have the same transparency from the Élisée.

I think (and I might not be the only one) the MonacoChannel.MC should have one thread here in the forum itself. So here is a humble request to the administrators.

My sincere congratulations for the MC Channel.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

Yes I agree the MC channel is a wonderful source of video footage/news etc. You can start a thread yourself but I'm not sure what you would include as the topics would most likely be in threads of their own if you get what I mean.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

That's correct, Elly C - an extra thread wouldn't make much sense, it's vastly better and enriching
when the individual event reporting gets illustrated with videos
Old 02-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Courtier

Welcome to Monaco, mister supermillionaire

I didn't really know where to post this, so feel free to move it to a more proper place if this isn't right.

An interesting piece about Monaco and Albert that appeared today in El País.

original version in spanish:
Bienvenido, señor supermillonario | Gente | EL PAÍS

google translator version in english:
Google Traductor
Old 02-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

Sounds like an article of envy. I don't know about the private companies, but everything I have read says that the SBM hasn't laid off anyone; even though they have been operating at a loss the last two years. The English often write these whining articles, also. Instead of worrying about Monaco, they should be looking for ways to improve their own countries.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Sounds like an article of envy. I don't know about the private companies, but everything I have read says that the SBM hasn't laid off anyone; even though they have been operating at a loss the last two years. The English often write these whining articles, also. Instead of worrying about Monaco, they should be looking for ways to improve their own countries.
I doubt it. I have no info at all myself and I dont't know anything at all about the SBM.
But El Pais is a very serious newspaper. It's not as if this was a glossy magazine or a tabloid. They never publish an info that's not been sufficiently checked.

Edit: I've just re-read the piece and it doesn't say anything about the SBM having laid off anyone. Maybe there is something that google mistranslated?

It does say that the SBM pays minimun wages to its employees according to french law and also that the crisis has touched Monaco and there is some unemployment in the country now, but nothing about the SBM having laid off anyone.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

No unemployment among the Monegasques. It is not really Monaco's job to keep the
French and Italians employed. It is to their credit that they have given thousands of French and Italians jobs. Especially for such a small country.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
No unemployment among the Monegasques. It is not really Monaco's job to keep the
French and Italians employed. It is to their credit that they have given thousands of French and Italians jobs. Especially for such a small country.
I don't think that newspaper was attacking them about that.
The piece simply states that due to the crisis the luxury business are having problems in monaco as everywhere else and some of the people who used to work for these companies are currently unemployed.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Courtier

Just something to throw in...:

Tomorrow will be broadcasted on France 3:

20:35
36e Festival international du cirque de Monte-Carlo

23:00
Dans les coulisses du Palais de Monaco
Old 07-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Casting for the feature film about Princess Grace:
Noblesse & Royautés » Casting pour le long métrage sur la princesse Grace
Old 08-19-2012, 01:38 PM

Granting titles of nobility in Monaco

Hello everyone,

this is my first post and I hope that this is in the correct place.

My query is whether or not His Serene Highness Prince Albert does grant titles of nobility in Monaco? I have read about orders and decorations in the principality although I can't see anything on the internet about titles. Any advice in this area?

Best wishes

James Montreuil
Old 08-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Rainier gave a title to Princess Antoinette, his sister, so that her children could be Baron and Baronesses (titles aren't automatically transferred on the female side). Caroline and Stephanie both refused titles for their children. If PA gave out titles, I think it would only be to his sisters' children.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Commoner

Are there any Monegasque channels that can be watched in the Internet (I know there used to be "Monaco Info", but it hasn't been working for about half a year, though it still has a website)? I tried to find some streams for TMC, but none of them worked. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Old 09-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Aristocracy

Vojthas, try this site www.monacochannel.mc . It has direct broadcast of Monaco TV Info as well as videos and general news. hope it helps...
Old 09-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Royal Highness

try this link for monaco info

"Monaco info en direct on line "
Old 09-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Commoner

C4A - it helped, but only partially - I have only the sound. What are the plugins needed to see a picture too?
Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Royal Highness

I had also the sound and not the pictures but try this link

Monaco Info en direct/ TV online

This afternoon, I could watch the inauguration of the Conseil National in live on this tv line.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Commoner

You didn't make it a link, in fact, but I put it into Google and found it. Thanks a lot.