Funeral of Princess Antoinette, March 24, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a beautiful service. Didn't catch it from quite the begining but it seemed very fitting to me. I wonder if everyone in Monaco will put black ribbons on their pets today? That's not me trying to be humorous but I think the Princess would be touched by something like that. May she rest in peace.

:monacoflag::sad::monacoflag::sad:

To Princess Caroline,
I followed the whole funerals of your Aunt Princess Antoinette and with Her the generation of your beloved parents passed away.
I saw you for the fourth time in deep sorrow and back lace mantilla.
The first time for your mother HSH Princess Grace but you shared the sorrow of your father;
The second time for your young husband's funerals , your father shared your sorrow.
The third time for your beloved father HSH Prince Rainier of Monaco of Monaco and at the same time your husband struggled for his life in a hospital.
And now for the fourth time for your Aunt Princess Antoinette who shared all your sorrows and you were alone but you have 4 loving children.
In July , you will be like your late Aunt the sister-in-law of the Princess of Monaco and you wll be also Monaco's second lady.
May God bless You

Very touching Maria-Olivia, very nice! I wish Caroline read it

I'm sorry but since when?? people RC having sexual relations before marriage are forbidden from communion???!!!
And what is this comment about Caroline? She is RC too, she has always been. Only the high ecclesiastic authorities can decide who is forbidden from communion! and for reasons more serious that having a boyfriend!

Of course Princess Caroline is Catholic, I just don't know of any reason why she would not take communion -I thought she usually did. Anyone in a state of mortal sin is not supposed to take communion and unless there has been a *major* change since I was in catechism, any sex outside of marriage is a mortal sin. Sorry, I don't make these rules. A little calm please.

:monacoflag:

I only saw Caroline taking communion, it was at the funeral of her father, at the other fests, national fest, she never took the communion, but it is his own concience, we must respect her choice. The service was very beautiful and dignified, Melanie had a very moving priere and there were many songs that Princess Antoinette liked.

Of course Princess Caroline is Catholic, I just don't know of any reason why she would not take communion -I thought she usually did. Anyone in a state of mortal sin is not supposed to take communion and unless there has been a *major* change since I was in catechism, any sex outside of marriage is a mortal sin. Sorry, I don't make these rules. A little calm please.

If the "rule" you say as applied... churches should be empty.:D

But we are out of topic. The topic is Pcs Antoinette, and agree that the Monaco family should feel loosing their "last" parent.

Very true, which is probably why most of this stuff is 'winked at' nowadays.

Very touching pics of the whole family. I hope Antoinette fianlly rest in peace.

That is my understanding too. No matter how commonplace it has become, the Church AND the Scriptures for that matter teach that sex outside of marriage is a mortal sin. It has always been that way from the time of the Apostles, and it probably always will.

Don't get mad at the Catholic Church. Get angry with Jesus and His Apostles!:lol:

But I agree with the poster who said Caroline and other Catholics are to act according to the their respective consciences.

BTW...has anyone seen any photos of Baron Christian de Massy, Antoinette's black sheep son? He was banned from Grace's funeral by Rainier.

Charlene looks particularly solemn...even more so than Albert and his sisters!

Last edited:
Elisabeth-Anne looked the most outwardly distressed to me, I really feel sorry for her (and the others of course). I am SO glad the family got over their past problems and can comfort each other at a time like this.

They(the Grimaldis)really are a beautiful family physically. Not a homely one in the bunch....it's amazing to see them all together in full effect!:flowers:

Such touching pictures they all look heartbroken over the loss of Princess Antoinette

It was a very moving Funeral Mass,I love the way the Grimaldli ladies still wear black mantillas.

An Ard Ri, ICAM. Can those Grimaldi women rock a mantilla or what?! They even have little Alexandra in one!

It's all very Old World. :)

Yes, but far as I know she's still living with Alex ... and I doubt they're sleeping in twin beds ;)

And someone better tell the Charlene thread that she didn't take communion so it looks like she's Protestant again (sigh), of course neither did Caroline which surprised me.

Perhaps there was no time for confession re: Charlene and Caroline.

It is such a sad occasion, but it is good to see everyone together. That's one thing to be said for funerals...they bring people together. It was good to see Alexandra. She is growing up so fast. I missed the broadcast, but hopefully I can find it somewhere. I would like to see Melanie's speech.

Perhaps there was no time for confession re: Charlene and Caroline.

Good point KA. Maybe they are one of those conscientous Catholics who refuse to receive the Eucharist unworthily? ;)

In any case I am not convinced that CW ever did convert. Or maybe most of the family did not take communion out of solidarity with CW so she wouldn't feel awkward? :lol:

I know. It's a long shot!

Not many members of Antoinette's family seem to have attended.
Only Elisabeth, Melanie, Christian, his wife and one of his sons.
Or maybe they were not photographed?

^Maybe. There are more pics of Charlene than anything. Photographers seem to be interested only the Princely Couple.

How is Antoinette related to the royal family? By marriage??

An Ard Ri, ICAM. Can those Grimaldi women rock a mantilla or what?! They even have little Alexandra in one!

It's all very Old World. :)

A beautiful old tradition that I hope they keep!

Such touching pictures they all look heartbroken over the loss of Princess Antoinette
Yes, the occasion must evoke many memories of previous losses & the funerals which were held in the same Cathedral. It is good to see the whole family together.

Not many members of Antoinette's family seem to have attended.
Only Elisabeth, Melanie, Christian, his wife and one of his sons.
Or maybe they were not photographed?

I spoke too soon
http://www.purepeople.com/media/la-princesse-antoinette-decedee_m584339
I think these are Jean-Leonard Taubert Natta (son of Elisabeth), behind him the 2 oldest daughters of Sebastien Knecht, behind them Sebastien Knecht (son of Christine Alix) and his wife Donatella and behind them Leticia de Massy (daughter of Christian) and her husband Thomas de Brouwer

And in this picture next to Christian is I think his youngest son: http://www.purepeople.com/media/la-princesse-antoinette-decedee_m584359

Last edited:
A beautiful old tradition that I hope they keep!
Yes it is nice tradition I also hope they keep it, there are some another royal (for example Belgium) or nobility families in which woman use to wear veil for funeral.

It looks like Pierre is holding his little sister's hand. That's so adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom