The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-17-2005, 07:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
It is very sad to see the pictures of the grieving family. I personally wish that they wouldn't have been allowed to take pictures of the family inside of the cathedral as they did at Diana's funeral. I know there are public personas but there are some times that should be respected. At least the burial was private.
Caroline, Albert and Stephanie agreed on having the photographers in the cathedral.

Old 04-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
What is the reason for their argument ?Caroline´s children seems to get along ith Stephanie very well whereas the relationship between Caroline/Stephanie seems to be very cold.I missed a hug of the both sisters...
Here is a link to a summary of the Vanity Fair article discussing Caroline and Stephanie's strained relationship (scroll to the bottom two posts then over to the next page):
Relationships between members of the Princely Family

If members are interested, they can discuss further Stephanie and Caroline's relationship in that thread rather than in this thread, and perhaps offer additional insight into the sister's relationship in light of what happened at Rainier's funeral and now in light of his death.

Old 04-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Aristocracy

an amazing - and sad - picture:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52634047.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	127121  
Old 04-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Gentry

Sad isn't it. Do you think the death of prince Rainier III will separate them even more? prince Rainier III was an unifying figure in Caroline-Stephanie realtionship.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dp_050415_stefanie_caro.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	127326  
Old 04-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektraking
Sad isn't it. Do you think the death of prince Rainier III will separate them even more? prince Rainier III was an unifying figure in Caroline-Stephanie realtionship.
If there is any truth about a rift between Caroline and Stephanie, the picture you posted says it all....
Old 04-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Gentry

Video from funeral and others

Here is a very good video link from the funeral it is in german though.

http://vip.rtl.de/viptvvideos_3921.php?media=video
Old 04-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Gentry

try exlusive : Abschnied link
Old 04-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

On a previous post in this thread it was explained why they left separately..
Old 04-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
That means you really want to say that these gossip mags are more right on this then I am in what I experience from being there with them.
Oh dear, I do not mean it that way. I just meant to say that gossip magazines are sometimes correct. They make up most of their stuff when there's nothing juicy to report, but when there is, they, who spend tons of money getting photographers to follow and scrutinise every move celebrities/public figures make, are quite likely to catch it. Look at Jen and Brad's split for example. It was so shocking to me because they seemed so happy together, but magazines have been talking about it for some time.

With regards to this issue, it is simply my own deduction of the situation. And I could be wrong, but this is what I believe at the moment. I certainly do mean to say that you're a less credible source than magazines.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Aristocracy

I'm enjoying looking at all of the pictures from the funeral. I can never seem to find where to get many of the exclusive pictures. So it is nice to come to the thread and see them posted.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the links, elektraking. I was wondering if anyone knew the time the retransmission of the funeral will begin on palais.mc. Will it be the same time as the actual funeral (10 am Monaco time, 1 am Pacific Daylight Time)?

Pigeonhole THIS.com
Old 04-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah I also have the same question as you Mihoshi, at what time will the funeral be rebroadcasted...
Old 04-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Gentry

Here is a video link with the entire funeral also prince Charles and Camilla wedding.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/
Old 04-18-2005, 03:19 AM
Aristocracy

I found the video, but I have to sign up to view it. I don't speak Norwegian, so does anyone know if signing up is going to cost anything?

Pigeonhole THIS.com
Old 04-18-2005, 05:11 AM

thanks elektraking
but i can't watch any videos of your links.
possibly because of my bad internet connection. Y.Y

edit
i can watch it now, thanks again!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Gentry

signing up is free. :)
Old 04-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Nobility

Can somebody please tell me how I can watch the video of Rainier's funeral?! Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Royal Highness

Video Of Prince Rainier's funeral

For those who are interested, you can watch Prince Rainier's funeral starting today on www.palais.mc ..no matter of time..I think.. I was just few minutes ago there and was able to watch video.

I think this will be available for next 30 days..
Old 04-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for telling us Ianna :) I also remember reading somewhere it will be available for 30 days...do they show the whole funeral or just parts of it?
Old 04-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Royal Highness

Always..:) I think whole funeral with footage of previous documentaries of Prince Rainier and family. In window of video was saying 4:02:00..so I guess they provide whole..