Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

And more photos:
Attached Images

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Thank you Dennis and HMQEII for giving us the photos so quickly.

Old 04-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Today between noon and one o'clock, the traditional "serafimerringning" (church bells toll of the Seraphim) for Prince Rainier took place in the Riddarholmen Church in Stockholm, as always happens when a Knight or Member of the Order of the Seraphim is buried. In connection with the bells toll, his orden coat of arms was mounted in the church alongside the other decead knights and members of the Order of the Seraphim. Prince Rainier was made a Knight of the Order of the Seraphim in 1949.

Picture of Prince Rainier's Order of the Seraphim coat of arms:
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2005, 09:03 AM
Royal Highness

Here is a story with video from MSNBC. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7513204/
Old 04-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre, Ernst Jr., Christian, and Melanie lit the candles. Largerfeld is there too.
Who is Melanie and lagerfeld. Where was Pauline, Camille and Alexandra?
Old 04-15-2005, 09:17 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the pics .... Some 1 now the mining of the dog?
Old 04-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Aristocracy

I found a website with lots of video clips from the funeral: http://videos.tf1.fr/video/news/monaco/

Unfortunately, I didn't get to save the stream...so I am glad to find these clips.

Pigeonhole THIS.com
Old 04-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina
Who is Melanie and lagerfeld. Where was Pauline, Camille and Alexandra?
When they say Lagerfeld they are probably refering to Karl Lagerfeld who is head designer for Chanel and a family friend.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Commoner

Can someone tell me who is the guy behind Charlotte (next to Ernst Jr.) in this photo from the funeral?

Thanks

Collette
Old 04-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Au revoir Rainier!

Thanks to those who posted the newest pics and to
those who gave their live comments!

I was able to see two hours of the mess on live-coverage,
and it was so hard to see the family in such pain..Caroline
and Albert crying and Stéphanie always trying so hard not
to cry untill she couldn't hold her tears back anymore...

It was, and still is, such a sad day, I can imagine lots of
you, like me, have watched it crying as well..

I wish the family lots of strengh to go through this!
Old 04-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Serene Highness

oh my gosh, i cant stand even looking at the pictures... i wish soooo much that i could have gone... if it was a week later or earlier i could have been there... but if i would have gone i probably would have had a break down... i am in hannover, there are newspapers and magazines about caroline and ernst everywhere...
poor caroline this funeral probably brought back all the horrible memories of her mother and stefanos deaths... this is heartbreaking
Old 04-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Commoner

Question Mystery Guy in Procession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collette
http://cache.gettyimages.com/thumb/5...3725&b=afp&t=1

Can someone tell me who is the guy behind Charlotte (next to Ernst Jr.) in this photo from the funeral?

Thanks

Collette
http://cache.gettyimages.com/thumb/5...3725&b=afp&t=1

Pic - who is the guy behind Charlotte in the funeral procession? Thanks much, Collette.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Aristocracy

This is a very sad day.So sad for all our country - all of us.
It is so hard to see our two Princesses crying. I watched the ceremony on one of the screens in the curch of St. Devote. The moment Stephanie couldn't hold back her tears anymore I started to cry like a little boy.
I was very very moved by the young ones lighting the candels. Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre, Mélanie, Ernst Jr. and Christian have been very sweet in doing this.
We also cry with the four little ones who were not present at this ceremony because they are still so young - Louis, Pauline, Camille and Alexandra.
These four little ones will for sure be present this evening in the very private, personal and intimate procession for the last very Goodbye to Rainier - from all the family.

Encore un grand Adieu ā notre grand Patron
Old 04-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

The little ones were not too young to attend, IMO>
Old 04-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Royal Highness

I just checked th eprincely site and it said that a retransmission will be available on 16 April.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Nobility

I'm assuming that because Stephanie's children and Alexandra are still considered to be too young to be at the funeral of their grandfather, especially one where the whole world will be watching. They will probably join the rest of the family at the private ceremony when Rainier is buried next to Grace.

It looked like such a solemn ceremony, Caroline and Stephanie (known in the past for their differences) united in grief. I especially thought that the gesture of bringing the late Prince's dog, Odin (whom he recieved as a gift during the 50th year of his reign) to the ceremony itself, to pay his own last respects to his master was a beautiful one.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe itīs not the right moment to criticse, but I also couldnīt understand, why the children were missing. I can understand, that Alexandra and Camille didnīt attend. They wouldnīt understand. But Louis will become 13 this year. So heīs almost a teenager and not a little boy anymore. I would have prefered, when he would have lit a candle instead of one of Ernst Augustīs sons. But of course I could understand, when he was afraid to attend or something like that.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Maybe itīs not the right moment to criticse, but I also couldnīt understand, why the children were missing. I can understand, that Alexandra and Camille didnīt attend. They wouldnīt understand. But Louis will become 13 this year. So heīs almost a teenager and not a little boy anymore. I would have prefered, when he would have lit a candle instead of one of Ernst Augustīs sons. But of course I could understand, when he was afraid to attend or something like that.
Actually I was 13 when my grandfather died and I did not attend his funeral, my parents had only allowed my younger siblings and I to attend his actual burial, where it was just his wife, children and grandchildren who attended.

In a sense, I think it's because my parents wanted to protect me, the funeral was attended by many people who knew my grandfather, whether it was personally or those who knew him as an acquaintance. They probably understood that my younger cousins and I were in a fragile state at the loss of our grandfather and would not have been able to handle the constant stares or words of condolences from people we did not know very well. This was probably why I could relate to the fact that Louis was not present at the funeral. After all it is already hard enough for adults as it is.

As for the presence of Ernst August, I thought that it was wonderful that they were present, whether they were close to Rainier or not. They are after Caroline's step-children and part of her family, and are old enough to handle the situation they were placed in.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Rainier's dog, Odin, attending the funeral of his passed master. A very nice and touching gesture.

And this is the Lagerfeld, Karl Lagerfeld, the designer, who attended the funeral today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rainierhund.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	126047   Click image for larger version

Name:	rainierlagerfeld.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	126048  
Old 04-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent