The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2006, 06:32 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw2108
Sorry, but I can't pass up this opportunity in the middle of the night!

DEFINITELY (g) Paris Hilton, Rocky, Bullwinkle and CoolWebSearch (the punk rock group, NOT the spyware!)

Dave
Dave, this post is crazy! It makes no sense, but thank you...I guess.

As pour moi I have to say, f) either one or both of her brothers. I don't know why, but they seem to be her best buddies even though she doesn't hang out with them as often as she does with her non-relative friends.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
These are questions for your opinions. There are no right or wrong answers. Choose the options that best suit your personal views.

1) In your opinion, if someone were to ask Charlotte who is her "best friend" who would be her answer?

a) Her mama
b) Her sister
c) Juliette Maillot
d) Cecile Winckler
e) Eugenie Niarchos
f) either of her brothers
g) some other person
All of them. The name will just change from time to time as she hangs around different people and goes into moods with others. :)

Old 06-26-2006, 08:53 PM

Ah cool! We're moved into a "fun questions" thread! Well, it's appropriate because that is what it is... I have another "fun" question for ya then. I reiterate, this is asking for your personal opinion, that is, for you to select the choice that best represents your view. There are no right or wrong answers! Everyone will have a unique way of looking at it.

2) Charlotte was pictured reading a book during her February 2005 holidays in Zurs. Based on your knowledge of what Charlotte has been studying in Paris (and the fact that she's reading with a pencil to mark certain passages) what do you think she was reading? (Here is a pic to help you make a choice, if you need help!)
picture sources: reflex news

a) Something by David Hume
b) Homer
c) something else (please specify your theory!)
Old 06-27-2006, 12:30 AM
Aristocracy

c) Something else. "Hume: Lectures On His Collected Works," was published in several languages as a means of cramming for an exam, didactics, prep for debate, or study primer because my Russian instructor gave us that text in that language. It must be in its 60,000,000,th republication by now, and even the color is the same. It came in one form -- floppy, i.e., not hard-bound cloth.

Dave
Old 06-27-2006, 04:11 AM
Aristocracy

I don’t think she’s reading “Lectures on his collected works” but “An enquiry concerning human understanding”. Of course in her case it’s in French. Just look over here : http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASI...838680-7205024 It’s exactly the same cover. I wonder how she can concentrate on a philosophical (!) book during a holiday with paparazzi around. I defenitely couldn't !

As for the friends question : Does Felix count as well ? I know he’s her boyfriend but he can be her best friend at the same time. They seem to have so much fun together.

Nice questions, CasiraghiTrio, keep on posting if you find some others.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:30 AM

I'm also certain it's a Hume writing. I wanted to see if others had different ideas though, just in case I missed something. I saw a book of David Hume's collected essays and thought this might be the one Char was reading. Thanks for the input, guys. Coquine, I think your theory is right. It looks like the same book you posted a link to. I also checked amazon.fr

I'll post other questions as I think of them. I'll try to post questions that are not so easy to "solve", that is more ambiguous questions, because the point is to see how many ideas people can form about one aspect of the Casiraghis, such as who their best friends are. I think the Case of the Book She Was Reading was pretty much resolved, so there is nothing more to speculate on.:)
Old 06-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

:) hi everyone wow what an amazing few weeks it's been on this forum i am amazed at how great it has been
these questions are pretty tough so hope you are ready

1. If you could ask Stephanie a question, what would you like to know???
my question is steph how in the "world" did you let michael bolton slip thru your fingers. the man is an absolute doll.

2. If you could ask Caroline a question....? So, which list of men do you think are the cutest. also, tons of girl talk although they don't need skin care still no girl party is complete without the full line of chit chat skin care, hair care, nail care colours and family talk and men, men, men. oh did i mention men?

3. If Stephanie would invite you to her bday -party, what would you bring?
this is a tough one. well, what to get someone something unique.

well, for starters a small sample collection of the top 5 fav parfums. every girl likes more than one i'm sure we can all agree on this. well, although they have pretty much the means for embroider items. still, a girl can "never" have enough linens, favorite embellished towel set for guest rooms or personal use. london has some great toiletries shopping in the world too.

several fabrics enough for her to have made into outfit for herself.

a big can sample of popcorn drizzled ever so slightly with black and white chocolate. sample of italian rum cake, something divine for those whom thought they have tasted it all.

some soap samples of fav soaps and bath gell collections.

4. If Albert would invite you on a trip, where would you like to go?
well, someplace where there's sightseeing and shopping and water fun, he'd have to pick for a surprise.

5. If Stephanie and Caroline would show you the palace, what would you like to see first?

gardens first and foremost, mirror room, blue rooms whichever is their favorite rooms and in that order and then back to gardens my fav.

6. What do you think was Steph's fav school subject?

i can only guess men, art, fashion, isn't it everyone's

7. What do you think is Charlottes fav school subject?
well, i think it's safe to say men, art, fashion isn't it everyone's

8. What do you think is Louis' fav song?
h-m-m don't know what's popular in monaco right now.

9. If you could spend a day with Albert and Stephanie, what would you like to do?

volleyball, beach, some sightseeing, shopping for minerals and rocks, collecting seashells, circus, end with philharmonic concert and somewhere in here manage to squeeze in a nice breakfast, lunch, or dinner or all 3 with family. i think we should all take a vote to make a day longer than 24 hours!

10. If Andrea and Pierre would sing you a song...what would you like to hear?

whatever they would like to sing.

11. If you could sing Stephanie a song...which song would it be?

sing oh n-o-o i'd prefer to listen to someone else sing.

12.What do you really want to know the most about the two princesses Caro and Steph?

:o oh all things girl talk, whom they think in life time are the cutest guys. what their fav soap, shampoo, skin care hair care, nail care they think are the most likeable. all things fashion and accessories.

13. If Caro's 5 older kids and Louis would babysit the three little grls Pauline, Camille and Alex...what do you think the 9 would do all night? (invent a story..hehe..if you like)

well i don't know whom has how many boy/girls and whom oldest. however, older one's would probably complain of being stuck babysitting when they'd rather spend time with their boyfriends/girlfriends, so they'd spend rest of night on phone to their friends. (i can't imagine any older sibling wanting to be stuck babysitting this is "so totally normal" and little one's play, play and then play without tv for a while (it always helps to sharpen creativity), then few fav vides or movies then a favorite snack treats of what they all ages consider fav foods. kitchen and snacking is someplace all ages can agree on and get along on together!

14.If you met Steph in the supermatket and she'd take the last packet of potatochips you wanted...what would u do?

well, depends if they are barbecue or not. if they are barbecue i'd laugh and go shopping someplace that had barbecue one's. what can be said life is simply n-o-o-o fun without barbecue potatoe chips.

15. If you found Louis lost in the streets of Paris...what would u do???

well, if the littlest one well call a policemen to have them taken home. however, the fact of the matter is i think all of us would be more lost on the streets of paris than these folks, im sure. :o

geez you folks have some tuffy questions, ok everyone can quit dozing off now.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Commoner

Question

Good day! Michelle God Bless

Stephanie's Birthday Party:In that I would bring the Fruits of the Spirits.

Trip with Albert:In that To Israel.

Andrea and Pierre's Song:In that Majesty.

Stephanie in Supermarket taking last packet of chips:In that I would say to Her That's rather smashing!!!!

Terrance
Old 06-28-2006, 01:12 AM

More Charlotte opinion questions

Repeat: These are asking for your personal opinions. There are not any right or wrong answers. :)

When she was at the Lycee in Fontainebleau, Charlotte had to take 3-5 hours of German,English, Portuguese, or Spanish (plus two more hours of a second one, same choices as before) in her first year preparing for the BAC. Then she had to take 6 more hours of languages in the terminale year. Her choices for one 3-hour class were the same as in the "premiere" term, but the other 3 hours' choices were as follows: German, English, Spanish, Russian, or Latin).
Based on your knowledge of her family and on other requirements (Latin and Greek being requirements outside the category being considered here) or on any other factors you can think of, What language do you think Charlotte chose to study for her 3-5 hour language requirements?

a) Spanish in premiere, Russian in terminale
b) Spanish in both
c) Russian in both
d) Portuguese in both
e) Portuguese in premiere, Russian in terminale
f) Some other choice or combination (specify your theory)

Have fun!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

hi everyone this is a tough thread well, here is my thoughts on this although i have read little to nothing of the young ones threads. i would surmise the following i read somewhere princess Caroline talks routinely to one her children one in french, and one in German mainly and to that you add the factor their grand-mere spoke english i'd say those kids pretty well had those languages all wrapped up. s-o-o-o my guess would be either answer a. spanish both or b spanish premiere and russian terminale.

however, i'd guess guess spanish both because their uncle PA also speaks spanish and i'm assuming the young ones would want to know it too. whew i am all guessed out on this.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquine
I don’t think she’s reading “Lectures on his collected works” but “An enquiry concerning human understanding”. Of course in her case it’s in French. Just look over here : http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASI...838680-7205024 It’s exactly the same cover. I wonder how she can concentrate on a philosophical (!) book during a holiday with paparazzi around. I defenitely couldn't !

As for the friends question : Does Felix count as well ? I know he’s her boyfriend but he can be her best friend at the same time. They seem to have so much fun together.

Nice questions, CasiraghiTrio, keep on posting if you find some others.
You may be right, but it's definitely one of the Hume "torture series," as you can tell from the expression on her face. In 1964, these books cost an "outrageous" US$1.25 plus tax per paperback volume! It may also be Hume's condensed thesis on epistemics, because that was in the Hume "torture volumes" as well. My being dyslexic, anything not symbolic, i.e., non-scientific or non-pictographic was what I considered as "torture."

Dave
Old 06-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy

Coquine, you are correct. The text is Hume's Thesis Of Coceptual Ontology. And my eyes are killing me from trying to read the blurred letters!

Dave
Old 06-29-2006, 03:19 AM
Aristocracy

Blurred letters ? In case you didn’t notice it yet, you can click on the image of the cover to see it in a bigger version.
As for the language question : why Portuguese or Russian ? These languages aren’t important at all in Europe. A “smart” (i.e. if you want to anticipate on your future professional career) choice would be English, German or Spanish. Since Charlotte lives in such an international circle, I suppose her knowledge of English was already good enough to let drop English in school. My guess would be that she chose German as Langue Vivante 1 (because it’s a quite popular choice among French students and she already heard the language from Ernst and his sons) and Spanish as Langue Vivante 2. But of course this can be completely wrong. Somebody should go and ask Charlotte herself.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquine
Blurred letters ? In case you didn’t notice it yet, you can click on the image of the cover to see it in a bigger version.
As for the language question : why Portuguese or Russian ? These languages aren’t important at all in Europe. A “smart” (i.e. if you want to anticipate on your future professional career) choice would be English, German or Spanish. Since Charlotte lives in such an international circle, I suppose her knowledge of English was already good enough to let drop English in school. My guess would be that she chose German as Langue Vivante 1 (because it’s a quite popular choice among French students and she already heard the language from Ernst and his sons) and Spanish as Langue Vivante 2. But of course this can be completely wrong. Somebody should go and ask Charlotte herself.
Sorry but the elarged letters were still blurry to me. These texts were written in several languages so that a student with one native language could learn another. They were simply textbooks for that purpose as per language. One could aslo use them as study texts for the given topic. These are classic textsbooks which have been translated into several languages, just as Rabelais has been translated into several languages -- even into Arabic.

Dave
Old 06-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw2108
Coquine, you are correct. The text is Hume's Thesis Of Coceptual Ontology. And my eyes are killing me from trying to read the blurred letters! Dave
Just out of curiosity...does anyone know what Charlotte is majoring in school that would require her to read this kind of book?
Old 06-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
Just out of curiosity...does anyone know what Charlotte is majoring in school that would require her to read this kind of book?
I would have to say only in speculation, she is going to study some field related very closely to teaching children.

Dave
Old 07-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Repeat: These are asking for your personal opinions. There are not any right or wrong answers. :)

When she was at the Lycee in Fontainebleau, Charlotte had to take 3-5 hours of German,English, Portuguese, or Spanish (plus two more hours of a second one, same choices as before) in her first year preparing for the BAC. Then she had to take 6 more hours of languages in the terminale year. Her choices for one 3-hour class were the same as in the "premiere" term, but the other 3 hours' choices were as follows: German, English, Spanish, Russian, or Latin).
Based on your knowledge of her family and on other requirements (Latin and Greek being requirements outside the category being considered here) or on any other factors you can think of, What language do you think Charlotte chose to study for her 3-5 hour language requirements?

a) Spanish in premiere, Russian in terminale
b) Spanish in both
c) Russian in both
d) Portuguese in both
e) Portuguese in premiere, Russian in terminale
f) Some other choice or combination (specify your theory)

Have fun!
I think she chose Spanish
Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Courtier

Did any of Princess Caroline's children complete their university education?
Old 08-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who's eyes are those???

Take a look at those eyes and tell us who they belong to?

no1 no2 no3 no4 no5 no6 no7 no8 no9 no10 no11

no12 no13 no14 no15 no16 no17 no18 no19 no20

no21 no22

( ...will give the results ... well, later )
Hope it's not too easy.
Have fun!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Pic 4, http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...008/eyes20.jpg = Charlene.
Pic 6, http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...008/eyes16.jpg = Caroline.
Pic 7, http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...008/eyes15.jpg = Albert.
Pic 8, http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...008/eyes19.jpg = Caroline.
Pic 10, http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...008/eyes10.jpg = Stephanie.
Pic 12, http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...008/eyes14.jpg = Charlene.
Pic 13, http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...008/eyes17.jpg = Charlotte.
Pic 14, http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...2008/eyes6.jpg = Caroline.
Pic 16, http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...2008/eyes5.jpg = Alexandra, this picture I recognise because it was taken through the railings.
Pic 17, http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...2008/eyes1.jpg = Stephanie.
Pic 19, http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...008/eyes13.jpg = Caroline.

The others i'm not sure.