Enthronement of H.S.H Prince Albert II - July 12, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
budge9 said:
Hey I was just wondering what language Alexandra and Camille were talking when they said that they weren't afraid of the photographers (as seen in the video with Alex)? I've always wondered what language all the family talk to eachother in. Does anybody know? Thanks!

They were talking french.
The family is mostly talking in french....and english sometimes....and some german mixed into it.

mw7060a said:
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/07/13/084314.php

I found this article, and I must say was kind of harsh...but I will let all of you decide. It talks about putting a curse on Prince Albert because he refused to allow little Prince Eric Alexandre use the Grimaldi name. It also talks about the hypocracy of Prince Albert given the fact that he and Prince Rainier descended on the female side from illegitimacy.

Yes, that the article is harsh. Things and circumstances change. Prince Louis had to adopt his illegitimate daughter Charlotte and have her bear the Grimaldi name bec. there was no other descendants/heirs, and that the throne will pass to a German family who was related to the Grimaldis and they (including France) didn't want that. That was, what, 80 years ago. It was a matter of dynastic survival. But with this generation, there are quite a number of descendants so I guess they can impose the direct and legitimate rule.

Camille is considered illegitimate and therefore not in line for the throne. But she bears her father's name. Is it the law in France and Monaco that fathers have to give their consent for their illegitimate child to use their name? Just wondering.....

monaco70s said:
He's the son of Elizabeth Ann I believe.

Oh, I thought that guy was a member of the family, too, given his proximity. But I couldn't place who he was.

Thanks!:)

________
Monica17

I hope to se Stephs kids A lot more you see them with Albert all the time maybe they will be at more fuctions now he spends a lot a time with them . Pauline and Louis are on tv with their dad latley. Loved the tidbit that albert and Stephanie were dancing on a table imagine the look on Carolines Face.Any more stories from that night.

RADKER18 said:
I hope to se Stephs kids A lot more you see them with Albert all the time maybe they will be at more fuctions now he spends a lot a time with them . Pauline and Louis are on tv with their dad latley. Loved the tidbit that albert and Stephanie were dancing on a table imagine the look on Carolines Face.Any more stories from that night.
My pleasure the rest said was considered private so sorry. Simon said he was there 2 pages back perhaps he can give more details.

mw7060a said:
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/07/13/084314.php

I found this article, and I must say was kind of harsh...but I will let all of you decide. It talks about putting a curse on Prince Albert because he refused to allow little Prince Eric Alexandre use the Grimaldi name. It also talks about the hypocracy of Prince Albert given the fact that he and Prince Rainier descended on the female side from illegitimacy.

It's harsh but makes some points. The whole curse thing is a bit infantile....I mean....when all else fails.....we'll curse him..??

Well, I don't think that any of the Ranier's grandkids have the Grimaldi name, and none of them carry a title of 'prince' or 'princess' except for only 1 that belongs to Caroline.

I just wish Albert figures out how many children he has fathered out there already...:p

Last edited:
Once again thanks to everyone for posting pics from this wonderful day! It was so nice to see them as a happy family.

I wonder if Countess Albina (she's a cousin of them) and Christian De Massey attended the festivities?

Here is another link to a great video (in german). You can see Caro and Co. dancing on the way to the party, Camille hugging Albert and Caro giving him a handkiss.

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/suche/1,1926,1000001,00.html

The video is at the bottom of the page and is called:
Fürst Albert II: Vom Saulus zum Paulus

You will see a research site, search for monaco and you will see it.

Last edited:
Thanks I'm glad u liked it! :) Stephanie in 1984 at the Palace's Mirror Room with Grace's painting behind her.

monaco70s said:
Thanks I'm glad u liked it! :) Stephanie in 1984 at the Palace's Mirror Room with Grace's painting behind her.

Yeah, she's hot on that pic :p

1. Stephanie and Albert talking ( inside the cathedral :confused::eek::p )
2. What the hack is Steph doing :confused:

Attachments

• zumalive183194.jpg
    zumalive183194.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 211
  • K112645_13.jpg
    K112645_13.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 295
I thought the same...:)

Here's some video in french, where Stephanie is talking. You can see Charlotte dancing as well - and Alber speeking to the crowd.

Le Prince Albert II nouveau souverain de Monaco

( it's the third yellow issue from the top / first video )

Last edited:
tbhrc said:
Here you can see a video where Alex is talking to the cameraman, it's in german. OMG she is sooo cute!!!:):D:)
It is the 2nd video:

http://www.tagesschau.de/aktuell/meldungen/0,1185,OID4521190,00.html

Thank You!! She is very cute, but we don't get to see Camille, maybe those were her feet when it showed Alexandra fiddling with her shoe. I got to hear her speak a little, but the "narrator" was drowning her out, I wish she would have shut up for just a moment, lol, but i could hear Camille giggle! Thanks again :D

Jessica

budge9 said:
Does anybody know what Stephanie is saying in the video? Thanks!

She says: " The whole country all gathered around him and his family"
Then the reporter says: " And you too."
And Steph: " Yes, sure. I'm his biggest fan " ( sa premiere fan - his first/biggest fan) Voila ! :)

Last edited:
Thanks Michelle for the video url, I watched everything pertaining to Albert, old and new...:)

In all of the photos I never saw Caroline interacting with Stephanie's children, or the other way around.

And the Casiraghi children and Alexandra never appear with Stephanie's kids.

I wonder if that's just editing by the photographers or a sign of the estrangement of the families.

iowabelle said:
In all of the photos I never saw Caroline interacting with Stephanie's children, or the other way around.

And the Casiraghi children and Alexandra never appear with Stephanie's kids.

I wonder if that's just editing by the photographers or a sign of the estrangement of the families.

I think that situation it's so weird, they never close to each other.

why is that????:confused:

I insist It's a little bit weird, don't you think?

I have seen old pictures of Stephanie with Caroline's kids.
I have never seen Caroline with Steph's kids.

I sincerely hope that Albert can reunite the sisters and bring peace to the Palace. All this situation is weird in public but must be awfull and dramatic in private.

And it is so sad.

Regards.

And for the kids too....

And if that situation couldn't be happening maybe Camille and Alexandra will be so close...

but that's not the case.... so sad

Back
Top Bottom