Enthronement of H.S.H Prince Albert II - July 12, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grace said:
I know there is still hope for Albert to marry and have children and I'm sure Andrea knows it as well (maybe he also hopes it, who knows)...I just thought it signicative that he was so close to Albert the whole day.

I've also noticed that Andrea was very nice when they were touring among the people; the crowd was incredible, he and Albert could barely walk (I think I would have fainted for the pressure of the crowd) but he followed Albert closely, and smiled, and talked to whoever approached him...

I think it's good that he starts to learn, even if probably he won't become the next sovereign.

Kisses

Even if he won't become the next sovereign, he is still a big part of the Grimaldi family. So his being comfortable in public still is a good thing.

As a side note, I have always love Monaco for the "family" feel. They proclamed Albert head of that family, then he invites them all over for a party. I read once when Rainier died that it was often said he knew almost all his subjects by name. While an exaggeration I'm sure...it is still a wonderful idea.

Princess Stephanie, Louis, Pauline and Camille

Attachments

• 53228503.jpg
    53228503.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 521
thanks for all the photos! you are all lovely...

i thought the same of caroline's outfit that many of you did... i wonder if she did not faint when she got home (or... shall we say when she got palace?)! it was a lovely oufit and she looked really elegant as always but it was monaco in summer! that must be about 30-35 C! steph looked lovely and fresh with her colourful and quite informal outfit.

it's a pity we ddidn't see pictures of camille! :( also... i was just noticing what a handsome boy louis is... i'm sure he will have as many or more girls than cousin andrea. all the kids and teenagers in this family are so beautiful... :) charlotte looked stunning, as always, and alexandra quite cute with her teddy...

not a very nice gesture from andrea to smoke publically in such a formal and historical event, though...

more from Getty

Attachments

• 53228496.jpg
    53228496.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 53228504.jpg
    53228504.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 262
  • 53228518.jpg
    53228518.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 372
  • 53228520.jpg
    53228520.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 269
michelle said:
Princess Stephanie, Louis, Pauline and Camille

Finally we see little Camille!:)
Princess Stephanie with her cuties..:) Thanx for sharing!

Pictures my brother Julian send me:

Attachments

• a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 390
  • a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 370
  • a3.JPG
    a3.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,778
  • a4.JPG
    a4.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 371
Some more from Newscom

Attachments

• sipaphotos237556.jpg
    sipaphotos237556.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 225
  • sipaphotos237555.jpg
    sipaphotos237555.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 235
  • sipaphotos237554.jpg
    sipaphotos237554.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 214
Hey!

Hey at least Andrea got rid of his beard..that was just dreadful :confused: !!!...Anywho I agree that Louis will be a heartbreaker one day!!....I haven't seen a lot of Pierre pictures around!?

runaway princess said:
Hey at least Andrea got rid of his beard..that was just dreadful :confused: !!!...Anywho I agree that Louis will be a heartbreaker one day!!....I haven't seen a lot of Pierre pictures around!?

I posted some in Pierre's thread.

More from Newscom

Attachments

• epaphotos381831.jpg
    epaphotos381831.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 224
  • epaphotos381832.jpg
    epaphotos381832.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 317
  • sipaphotos237557.jpg
    sipaphotos237557.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 180
  • sipaphotos237559.jpg
    sipaphotos237559.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 165
  • sipaphotos237560.jpg
    sipaphotos237560.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 248
  • sipaphotos237562.jpg
    sipaphotos237562.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 253
  • sipaphotos237565.jpg
    sipaphotos237565.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 215
  • sipaphotos237566.jpg
    sipaphotos237566.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 494
michelle said:

Louis appears to be getting more and more handsome as time passes, whereas his elder cousins, Andrea and Pierre, appear to look more and more average with age.

Pauline is absolutely gorgeous just like her cousin Charlotte. Camille is equally as cute as her little cousin Alexandra.

God, Camille looks like a chubby little version of her grandmother Grace :eek:

Last edited:
All smiles ....

I especially love the one of Steph.....:D

Attachments

• zumalive183550.jpg
    zumalive183550.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 243
  • gamma161370.jpg
    gamma161370.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 281
Thanks everyone for the pictures of this historical and emotional day for the family.

Caroline, Stephanie, and Charlotte looked stunning!

Did Antoniette's children attend the events?

My best wishes for Albert II

Thank you all for keeping us included in the pictures of today's event. It looked like a happy family event and all the children are beautiful.

capt.mon12607121842.monaco_prince_albert__mon126.jpg

The pic of Caro sending a kiss to her "little bother". I thought their expressions were very sweet as sweet were all the members of the family today...They all seemed sooo proud of Albert!

Kisses

michelle said:
Tonight at 6.50 pm CET you can follow the festivities directly via TF1 webpage:

http://videos.tf1.fr/video/ ( on the right)

Here you can now see a video of french news that shows some moments of today, including some in the Palace's gardens with Steph, Albert and Camille who runs into Alberts arms....so sweet....:)

Thanks for the pix from the enthronement ceremony. Iy is great seeing the entire family together. And Caroline, Charlotte, and Stephanie did all look well turned out.

Thank you, thank you everyone for all the news, pics and observations. :) Too bad I wasn't able to watch it (and I don't understand French, too).

So glad to see Stephanie's children at the celebrations. They're hardly seen at official events. And Princess Antionette was there, too. Alexandra is such a doll!

I was so touched with 2 pics - Caroline blowing a kiss to Albert, and Stephanie looking at Albert so proudly. And they say this isn't a close family.......:confused:

I'm also glad to see Caroline and Stephanie side by side. That rarely happens now.....

________
Monica17

OMG!! Alexandra looks so happy & funny in this shot!!:D
She's hiding under Caroline's arm.

Best wishes to His Serene Highness Prince Albert II. May he have a long and successfuol reign.

I do agree however that Princess Caroline's sons badly need haircuts! Those styles went out with HM King William IV, and I think just look scruffy, particularly when wearing a smart suit.

Back
Top Bottom