Enthronement of H.S.H Prince Albert II - July 12, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some from Corbis:

Attachments

• 42-15524189.jpg
    42-15524189.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 514
  • 42-15524192.jpg
    42-15524192.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 592
  • 42-15524193.jpg
    42-15524193.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 582
I like Charlotte's outfit best of all: summery weight and cut, covers enough to be appropriate for a cathedral and for the occassion, the soft gray color gives it a little gravitas, a little jewellery to make it festive, upswept hair is flattering and regal, discreet makeup, and overall elegant and flattering.

Caroline's outfit is nice and suitable, but too winter-y, with a heavy cut and black and white tweed. She looks lovely as always though.

I like Stephanie's outfit, but yes it is too casual for such an event. She also looks terrible: worn, exhausted. I wonder if the lines on her face may be due to her fitness regime and diet: very low body fat makes a person look older than normal (it takes away the plumpness from the face which makes lines more noticeable). Maybe also years of tanning catching up with her? I don't know, but she does look older and less healthy (if that's the word I'm thinking of) than her siblings her who are quite a bit older than her.

I think only Albert or only the siblings were kneeling at times, but no one else was, was because they were receiving blessings.

I love the pictures of Andrea talking to Albert!!!!! They are wonderful!!

Here are a couple pf pictures I like

The first one I think may have already been posted but oh well...
Caroline looks very emotional and Ernst is smiling.. ha ha

and I love the profiles of Charlotte, Andrea, and Ernstie

Attachments

• 380383.jpeg
    380383.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 409
  • 380446.jpeg
    380446.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 469
To me, it looks like Caroline and Stephanie are dressed to go to two totally different places. I think Caroline looked absolutely splendid in her outfit...she looked, well Royal. Stephanie's outfit was nice for a day out, but was completely inappropriate for this event.

They all looked Beautiful Caroline I would think might be a little hot considering it is summer Stephanie it is good to see her with her siblings she looked fine to me Albert looks good maybe louis and Pauline will be at the ceromony tonight.

Since there wasn't any special dresscode for the ladies - I think Charlotte looked the best, very summery but yet elegant. Caroline was also very elegant, but it looks like a tweed thing that would suit best for fall and winter use. I'm surprised she didn't pass out in that heavy thing, and with gloves too! Stephanie looked totally misplaced at this event, her outfit was so not appropriate and way too casual. Perhaps a little haircut for the boys? :)

I like those pics of Andrea and uncle talking, cute. But i don`t like Andrea`s hair...it doesn`t look good on his face, and he doesn`t look soo beautiful.
I agree, Char is the best dressed: elegant but sumerly, with her hair like that you can see clearly her face.
Caroline clothes were nice and smart, but they were too for winter, she had to be dying in that outfit.
Stephanie didin`t chose a good outfit, it wasn`t good for the day, she looked as she is going to the beach, and her hair is too short

I doesn't seem to me like Albert can ever choose an appropriate tie.
Almost every shot I catch of him he has some awful tie on.
He really needs a wife!

You guys... I am sure people help them choose what to wear, especially Albert today, it is the most important day of his life, they weren't just going to leave him out to dry!... lol...

jennifrasure said:
where can you view the enthronement live?

There is a link on the 2nd page of this thread.

Alexandra is with them!!!!!!

Steph kids are there too!!!

Personally, to add jest, I think that the reason Caroline is crying is because she is saying to herself, "I'm finally the Heir Presumptive of the Throne. If baby brother never marries, I will be the Monarch and then my children".

Caro looks so great and cute together with Alex!!

Thanks for all of the pix. I wish Albert the best as Monaco's new ruler.

I agree that Caroline looked lovley but her outfit looked like it was a bit heavy and not fit for summer weather. I did not like Stephanie's outfit. I'm glad that Pierre and Andrea wore classy suits. But they both need to ditch the long, frizzy, and stringy hairstyles. Both Andrea and Pierre need new looks and need their hair cut short. Charlotte looked the best of the whole lot. Charlotte looked gorgeous, classy, and modern. I just wish Charlotte smiled more.

Ohh can Someone Post the Pics of Stephs Kids and alexandra .

I dunno if there was a dresscode but you assume that sisters talk to each other about what they will be wearing and their relationship is blatently obvious by their clothes.

Caroline is usually perfect but went a bit overboard today I think,
like the solemn dark colour and the design of the coat and assume that the tweed pattern chosen was so that she did not look too dark and polka dots etc. would be too frivolous. But the barbie shoes, white gloves and pearls are a bit much

GrandDuchess said:
Since there wasn't any special dresscode for the ladies - I think Charlotte looked the best, very summery but yet elegant. Caroline was also very elegant, but it looks like a tweed thing that would suit best for fall and winter use. I'm surprised she didn't pass out in that heavy thing, and with gloves too! Stephanie looked totally misplaced at this event, her outfit was so not appropriate and way too casual. Perhaps a little haircut for the boys? :)

some pics from getty~

Attachments

• 53226800.jpg
    53226800.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 287
  • 53226808.jpg
    53226808.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,873
  • 53226825.jpg
    53226825.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 53226842.jpg
    53226842.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 53226844.jpg
    53226844.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 299
  • 53226850.jpg
    53226850.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 282
  • 53227245.jpg
    53227245.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 333
  • 53227286.jpg
    53227286.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 297
  • 53227602.jpg
    53227602.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 262
Ok I saw the last part of his speech and afterwarsd the family all got up, got wine, and were talking to eahc other. I noticed that Caor and Steph did not talk to each other. Their families did not reallly mix up. And Steph hugged ALbert and ALbert hugged Sterph's little girl. Caor and ALbert talked to each other, but ALbert is more personable w/ Steph. Overall it seemed as if ALbert was truly relieved when his speech was over, but he did a great job (he kept on drinking water through his speech, but it did not breach protocol at all-just once in a while). And they changed their attire too.

It was so great to see this event live. The whole family together and especially Alex sitting on her moms knees. Soooo cute!!!! Can't wait till the first pics come out.

Best wishes to Prince Albert II and all his family. May he have a long and peaceful reign and find true happiness !!!

Did anyone see Christian?...I saw everyone but him.

michelle said:
Did anyone see Christian?...I saw everyone but him.

I saw him, I think he was behind Ernst-August.

Bubbette said:
Can someone get Pierre and Andrea to a barber!

What are you talking about ? It seems to me that both of them had even longer hair a few months ago:)

It would have been nice if HSH Princess Stephanie could have worn a suit and a little hat of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom