Enthronement of H.S.H Prince Albert II - July 12, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yahoo:

Caption:

Prince Albert II of Monaco, left, smiles at Arbishop Barsi, unseen, while his sister Princess Caroline of Hanover, wipes a tear after a solemn Mass, Tuesday, July 12, 2005, in Monaco. A daylong celebration to officially proclaim Prince Albert II of Monaco the ruler of this tiny Riviera principality opened Tuesday with the mass at the cathedral where his father, Rainier III, was buried three months ago.(AP Photo/Lionel Cironneau)

Attachments

• capt.mon10707121152.monaco_prince_albert_mon107.jpg
    capt.mon10707121152.monaco_prince_albert_mon107.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 502
Yahoo:

Princess Caroline of Monaco's children, from left to right: Pierre Casiraghi, Charlotte Casiraghi and Andrea Casiraghi and her sons-in-law, Prince Ernst-August of Hanover and Christian of Hanover attend a Catholic mass celebrated by Monaco's Archbishop Bernard Barsi at the cathedral, Tuesday, July 12, 2005, in Monaco

Attachments

• capt.mco12007121339.monaco_prince_albert_mco120.jpg
    capt.mco12007121339.monaco_prince_albert_mco120.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 860
hillary_nugent said:
Are there any pictures of Pierre? Charlotte looks so lovely ^___^

I´ve seen one in Andrea and Pierre yahoo group:)

trans.gif

Prince sacks advisers and bars ex-lover in fresh start

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1690080,00.html

One of the reasons that Ernst might not be kneeling is that he is not Catholic and perhaps those behind the royal family are not Catholic either.I loved Caroline's outfit but I think Stephanie should have worn a different jacket as the one she is wearing looks like a jean jacket(just the cut of it).Her dress was nice though.She just looks so worn these days, emotionally speaking that is.

Bubbette said:
Can someone get Pierre and Andrea to a barber!

I know, its as if they are from That 70's Show hehe

"

In a recent interview, published in the newspaper supplement Le Monde 2, he said he has asked the palace's entire staff of advisors and councillors to resign the day after his accession.

His own advisors have said Albert is willing to look anywhere, particularly the United States, for a more efficient, forward-looking staff to give the 200-hectare-large principality "an image of modernity".

A clean image for Monaco

In addition, Albert said he wants to clean up Monaco's image as a haven for financial swindlers and dubious business practices.

"I will fight with all my strength for Monaco to be beyond reproach, so it will never again be described by the equation Monaco equals money-laundering," said Albert. In fact, he said, "I want to place morality, honesty, ethics at the centre of my government's concerns." "

Ha re the last line! But one can always move forward!

Yahoo:

Prince Albert II of Monaco, center, poses for photographers with his sisters Princess Caroline of Hanover, left and Princess Stephanie of Monaco, during the celebration to officially proclaim him the new ruler of this tiny Riviera principality, Tuesday, July 12, 2005, in Monaco.

Attachments

• capt.mon11207121439.monaco_prince_albert__mon112.jpg
    capt.mon11207121439.monaco_prince_albert__mon112.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 573
Well, I just have to say that Caroline looks sooooo great. I just love the hat!!!! Can't wait to see more pics of her.

what stephanie wore is absolutely ridiculous for such an occasion, she looks like an overgrown child!

hillary_nugent said:
what stephanie wore is absolutely ridiculous for such an occasion, she looks like an overgrown child!

I think you are absolutly right. That dress would look perfect at a summer beach party, but that is just my opinion.

Yahoo:

Princess Caroline of Hanover glances at her brother Prince Albert II of Monaco, right, during a photocall for the celebration to officially proclaim Prince Albert II of Monaco the ruler of this tiny Riviera principality,Tuesday, July 12, 2005, in Monaco

Attachments

• capt.mon12207121501.monaco_prince_albert__mon122.jpg
    capt.mon12207121501.monaco_prince_albert__mon122.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,126
carolines hat is a bit like the black feather one camilla wore on the balcony a few days ago, only it is toned down a bit.

Some more from Yahoo:

Attachments

• r504044609.jpg
    r504044609.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 422
  • r2380016429.jpg
    r2380016429.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,928
  • r2474241105.jpg
    r2474241105.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2,050
tbhrc said:
I think you are absolutly right. That dress would look perfect at a summer beach party, but that is just my opinion.
What a disappointment, it would have been great to see the entire family dressed all fancy...it really isn't hard to find something fancy to wear with all the money she has...she can afford designers, stylists...and why aren't her children there? :confused: i think they deserve to be there they're part of the family too and yet they're always missing out...pretty unfair...

Stephanie looks good without the jacket--the short hair makes her look like a kid. But what is with the winter tweed Caro was wearing?

i agree with the others. I think that dress is inappropriate for the occasion. Just hang a pair of sunglasses on her tank top and she'd be ready for a summer barbq. I think Princess Caroline looks regal as she should and for the occasion, Stephanie should have at least tried a bit. BUT, i guess the pics just show how different the three may be personality wise.

Stephanie's outfit wasn't appropriate for the enthronement, and yes, someone should've told Andrea and Pierre to get themsleves to a barber!

hillary_nugent said:
What a disappointment, it would have been great to see the entire family dressed all fancy...it really isn't hard to find something fancy to wear with all the money she has...she can afford designers, stylists...and why aren't her children there? :confused: i think they deserve to be there they're part of the family too and yet they're always missing out...pretty unfair...

I'm hoping that since the actual enthronement ceromony is at night we will get to see everyone very dressed up later. As far as Stephanies children go, I don't think it is a case of being "unfair" or "missing out" I think Stephanie has decided she prefers not to have her children at public events.

Some random pics from Abaca Press:

Attachments

• 380366.jpeg
    380366.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 288
  • 380370.jpeg
    380370.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 2,254
  • 380385.jpeg
    380385.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 380389.jpeg
    380389.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 368
  • 380440.jpeg
    380440.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 2,081
  • 380449.jpeg
    380449.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 2,233
I love that of Caro nd Albert, Caro looks proud of him and remainds a lot Char

I know this is a little off subject, but Caroline must have been DYING in that hat, coat, and panty hose... she's in Monaco in the middle of July!!!!

Back
Top Bottom