The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps Stephanie was tired or the sun was bothering her.

Old 07-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought the same...:)

Here's some video in french, where Stephanie is talking. You can see Charlotte dancing as well - and Alber speeking to the crowd.

Le Prince Albert II nouveau souverain de Monaco

( it's the third yellow issue from the top / first video )

Old 07-17-2005, 05:23 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Here you can see a video where Alex is talking to the cameraman, it's in german. OMG she is sooo cute!!!:):)
It is the 2nd video:

http://www.tagesschau.de/aktuell/mel...521190,00.html
Thank You!! She is very cute, but we don't get to see Camille, maybe those were her feet when it showed Alexandra fiddling with her shoe. I got to hear her speak a little, but the "narrator" was drowning her out, I wish she would have shut up for just a moment, lol, but i could hear Camille giggle! Thanks again

Jessica
Old 07-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Nobility

Does anybody know what Stephanie is saying in the video? Thanks!
Old 07-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by budge9
Does anybody know what Stephanie is saying in the video? Thanks!
She says: " The whole country all gathered around him and his family"
Then the reporter says: " And you too."
And Steph: " Yes, sure. I'm his biggest fan " ( sa premiere fan - his first/biggest fan) Voila ! :)
Old 07-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks Michelle for the video url, I watched everything pertaining to Albert, old and new...:)
Old 07-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

In all of the photos I never saw Caroline interacting with Stephanie's children, or the other way around.

And the Casiraghi children and Alexandra never appear with Stephanie's kids.

I wonder if that's just editing by the photographers or a sign of the estrangement of the families.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
In all of the photos I never saw Caroline interacting with Stephanie's children, or the other way around.

And the Casiraghi children and Alexandra never appear with Stephanie's kids.

I wonder if that's just editing by the photographers or a sign of the estrangement of the families.
I think that situation it's so weird, they never close to each other.

why is that????

I insist It's a little bit weird, don't you think?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Serene Highness

I have seen old pictures of Stephanie with Caroline's kids.
I have never seen Caroline with Steph's kids.

I sincerely hope that Albert can reunite the sisters and bring peace to the Palace. All this situation is weird in public but must be awfull and dramatic in private.

And it is so sad.

Regards.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Courtier

And for the kids too....

And if that situation couldn't be happening maybe Camille and Alexandra will be so close...

but that's not the case.... so sad
Old 07-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Courtier

Oh, in the Enthronement Day, it was said that Camille and Alexandra were playing together (were both in the video?-Camille giggling in the background when Alex was talking to the cameraman?).

I did see a picture of Prince Ernst talking to Louis. But it seems nothing else in the press.

Oh, this is a nice tidbit - occured some years back when Rainier celebrated his 50th year of ascension (1999). The whole family had dinner together and the kids got together to play, socialize with each other. I guess they get together, but not so often and privately. There are some old pictures of Caro and kids with Steph and kids - they all went on vacation to Jamaica (I think). But that was before Alex and Camille were born.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Another description ( by Point de Vue ) on what happend July 12th 05:

"Albert showed himself attentive and protective on Louis, Pauline and Camilles first real steps on the public scene. Again and again, Camille searched for protection and closesness in her uncles armes. Also their uncle Ernst-August, who himself was acompanied by his two sons, very confident, took Stephanie's eldest Louis into his arms and kissed him. And these are only the outer signs; blink of an eye, smiles, kisses..."
Old 07-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some additional pictures of mine....:)

photo source: Point de Vue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	av1.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	171393   Click image for larger version

Name:	av2.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	171394   Click image for larger version

Name:	av4.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	171396   Click image for larger version

Name:	av6.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	171397  

Click image for larger version

Name:	av10.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	171400  
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice pics Michelle :) Yes like PDV said it was a day we could see the family very happy and affectionate to each other.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Courtier

Okay for those who would like to know and be assured that the Grimaldi cousins and aunts indeed interact and spend time as family, please go to the forum on Princess Caroline and family.....There is a thread there on Caro's and Steph's children together.

Perhaps the family followed protocol (if applicable) during the Enthronement activities, perhaps one of the reasons why they weren't seen together or side by side?

Nice tidbit and pics, Michelle! :)
_________
Monica17
Old 10-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Majesty

was this the enthronement what is the difference with the one comming November
Old 10-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Majesty

and when was Rainier enthronement and who did he succed was it becouse of a death or was it due to a abdication?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:44 AM
Courtier

After his grandfather, Louis II died, his mother Charlotte (who lived until the late 1970s) stepped aside so that Rainier could be the ruler. This was in 1949.

There was not as much of a to-do about it at the time aside from "News of the World" newsreels which played before movies. Most places had never heard of Monaco. Rainier's marriage to Grace in 1956 truly put it on the map for a lot of people.

Though it brings to mind an interesting question for me, if Albert got married, had a legitimate son and then died, would his widow be obligated to step aside in favor of their son. Assuming him to be of his majority. There wouldn't need to be a rush to have a male ruler until said ruler was 18 or 21. But would she be constitutionally required or merely pressured to follow tradition?

Ann
Old 10-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Though it brings to mind an interesting question for me, if Albert got married, had a legitimate son and then died, would his widow be obligated to step aside in favor of their son. Assuming him to be of his majority. There wouldn't need to be a rush to have a male ruler until said ruler was 18 or 21. But would she be constitutionally required or merely pressured to follow tradition?

Ann
Albert's wife would be his wife and the mother of the child she has no claims. Most likely Caroline would be named regent.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Courtier

So Caroline would be in the same position as she is now until his (legitimate) son turned 18 or 21 and then he would be enthroned?

Ann