Enthronement of H.S.H Prince Albert II - July 12, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no real idea for the champagn question. As far as I know that was a very special champagn only for that day with Albert's initials on the bottle AA ....

CasiraghiTrio said:
does anyone happen to know what sort of champagnes and wines were served at Albert's enthronement events, both in July and November? I'd love to know what sort of special wines/champagnes were served for these special events?
Perhaps, Michelle, as your cousin seems to have been there?

The champagne was a lanson brut 1997 marked Cuvee S.A.S. Albert II.

It was an ok champagne. I've had better, but I had a lot worse too;) :D .

Maybe some day some bottles will show up on ebay, since I think most of them were carried away as souvenirs (it won't be mine though;) )

As for the other occasions I have no idea what has been served as wines. There was nothing served outside the palace on the 19t, so only those with written invitations and those working there would know.

But I will have an opportunity to check, what he serves when he gives receptions for people. If it is any interesting, I'll let you know .

A nice DVD for you to add to your collection:

iz0zyg.jpg

(libello.mc)

It should be available at www.fnac.fr soon.

Some great pics from Abaca Press

jh4yom.jpg

jh4yvd.jpg

jh4yz9.jpg

jh4z10.jpg

jh4z2g.jpg

jh4za1.jpg

jh4ze9.jpg

Steph talking to TF1 in the afternoon ...
...the camera came a bit too close I'd say....

qysexf.jpg
qysfgm.jpg

(tf1)

It's almost worth buying just to hear Andrea speech, uninterrupted!:D The event wasn't televised here (other than small mention here and there), so it would be interesting to see the whole event.

Horseygal said:

It's almost worth buying just to hear Andrea speech, uninterrupted!:D The event wasn't televised here (other than small mention here and there), so it would be interesting to see the whole event.

That wasn't the day Andrea made his speech...:eek::) ... he made it at the November service...this one is about the Party in July ...sorry:)...But it should be worth it anyhow...there might be something about the garden party before the family appeared on the Place du Palais ...

Some more pictures of the day...

qz4p51.jpg
qz4paa.jpg
qz4pcn.jpg
qz4pdx.jpg

qz4phv.jpg

qz4pjd.jpg

(ARD)

Thanks you sooo much for the screencaps of Alex.... Too cute....

In July there is a moment when Albert and Andrea went in the crowd, that you can hear ANdrea speaking; don't know if it is included in the DVD though...

Kisses

I wonder whether they included the moment that send one of my friends screaming in delight: There was a woman (possibly a nanny) holding a black baby and chatting with PA for a while. The kid was roughly Alex's age. I didn't get a good look at the screen , so I couldn't veryfy wether it was really him, but there was no showing of it anywhere later.

paca said:
I wonder whether they included the moment that send one of my friends screaming in delight: There was a woman (possibly a nanny) holding a black baby and chatting with PA for a while. The kid was roughly Alex's age. I didn't get a good look at the screen , so I couldn't veryfy wether it was really him, but there was no showing of it anywhere later.

It could have been him. My cousin told me one thing some months ago, he said : " They don not intend to exclude the little one from the family, they never wanted that."

Oh, I'm sure that none of them would want him excluded although it would be difficult. I was just wondering, because I think TL said that he and NC were not invited. I don't think she was there, but I think he made sure his son was. I don't think as a parent you would forgive yourself for excluding your child from the most important moment of your life. Those are the moments you want to share with those who are most important to you. Also access for the press was limited at this particular, almost private occasion (although having thousands of people gather in front of your house isn't quite private, but still the atmosphere was very huge family gathering like). I think they might have asked to cut him out later or sth. to protect him. But people who thought it was him were very content and thought the better of PA for it. So maybe properly done, it might proove not to be as difficult to include him.

paca said:
Oh, I'm sure that none of them would want him excluded although it would be difficult. I was just wondering, because I think TL said that he and NC were not invited. I don't think she was there, but I think he made sure his son was. I don't think as a parent you would forgive yourself for excluding your child from the most important moment of your life. Those are the moments you want to share with those who are most important to you. Also access for the press was limited at this particular, almost private occasion (although having thousands of people gather in front of your house isn't quite private, but still the atmosphere was very huge family gathering like). I think they might have asked to cut him out later or sth. to protect him. But people who thought it was him were very content and thought the better of PA for it. So maybe properly done, it might proove not to be as difficult to include him.
Exactly, that's what I thought as well...

I'm sorry to sound pessimistic, but as far as we know Albert is having big difficulties in having a relationship with Alexandre other than financial, so I doubt he would have publicly shown him in the most heated period of the "scandal" in such an important event. Plus, the Place and the stage were literally full of journalists and photographers, and each one of them would have been eager to focus all their attention on Alex's presence (we know very well how the press works...)

JMO, Kisses

Grace said:
I'm sorry to sound pessimistic, but as far as we know Albert is having big difficulties in having a relationship with Alexandre other than financial, so I doubt he would have publicly shown him in the most heated period of the "scandal" in such an important event. Plus, the Place and the stage were literally full of journalists and photographers, and each one of them would have been eager to focus all their attention on Alex's presence (we know very well how the press works...)

JMO, Kisses
I have to say that I was there and no, there were not heaps of journalists around at the time. There was a camera team from TMC and journalists from local paper. I didn't see any others who are usually there. I think the other media had to buy of the local ones (though not 100% sure of that). But there was certainly no free wondering of photographers for ay exclusive pics. There was a number of media people around him all the time, but they seemed to be very familiar to him since he didn't seem to even notice them much as he usually does.

As to him seeing his son, I know that when he was in Paris for the TV interview with PPDA, he came from seeing his son. I don't know about nowadays, but I have heard, that before he always tried to see him when he was in Paris and since things around NC have calmed down a little lately, I don't see why with time he shouldn't be able to do that again.

paca said:
I have to say that I was there and no, there were not heaps of journalists around at the time. There was a camera team from TMC and journalists from local paper. I didn't see any others who are usually there. I think the other media had to buy of the local ones (though not 100% sure of that). But there was certainly no free wondering of photographers for ay exclusive pics. There was a number of media people around him all the time, but they seemed to be very familiar to him since he didn't seem to even notice them much as he usually does.

As to him seeing his son, I know that when he was in Paris for the TV interview with PPDA, he came from seeing his son. I don't know about nowadays, but I have heard, that before he always tried to see him when he was in Paris and since things around NC have calmed down a little lately, I don't see why with time he shouldn't be able to do that again.
I've heard about the same things ... and it seems quite logic to me.
I don't think Albert has as much trouble with the situation as is reported. It surely is not the easiest thing to handle but he seems to be able to make the best of it.

Well, I saw many Italian journalists there, at least 5 or 6 troups with cameramen, interviewers and so on and they were on stage after the speech; I've seen images and interviews, so I'm pretty sure of this...
As for the relationship with the kid, I really hope you're right, but Albert himself said some time ago in an interview that it was very difficult for him to establish a relationship with the boy, so I trusted his words; I sincerely hope things have changed in the meantime.

Kisses

ETA: the interview I'm referring to was given to an Italian tv in November

Last edited:
michelle said:
A nice DVD for you to add to your collection:

iz0zyg.jpg

(libello.mc)

Didn't know that there was a dvd. That well be searching again to find it........

Does anybody have ANY videos of Andrea talking? Puh-leez! I'm desperate!

Back
Top Bottom