Enthronement of H.S.H Prince Albert II - July 12, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, in the Enthronement Day, it was said that Camille and Alexandra were playing together (were both in the video?-Camille giggling in the background when Alex was talking to the cameraman?).

I did see a picture of Prince Ernst talking to Louis. But it seems nothing else in the press.

Oh, this is a nice tidbit - occured some years back when Rainier celebrated his 50th year of ascension (1999). The whole family had dinner together and the kids got together to play, socialize with each other. I guess they get together, but not so often and privately. There are some old pictures of Caro and kids with Steph and kids - they all went on vacation to Jamaica (I think). But that was before Alex and Camille were born.

Last edited:
Another description ( by Point de Vue ) on what happend July 12th 05:

"Albert showed himself attentive and protective on Louis, Pauline and Camilles first real steps on the public scene. Again and again, Camille searched for protection and closesness in her uncles armes. Also their uncle Ernst-August, who himself was acompanied by his two sons, very confident, took Stephanie's eldest Louis into his arms and kissed him. And these are only the outer signs; blink of an eye, smiles, kisses..."

Some additional pictures of mine....:)

photo source: Point de Vue

Attachments

• av1.JPG
    av1.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 194
  • av2.JPG
    av2.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 242
  • av3.JPG
    av3.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,709
  • av4.JPG
    av4.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 173
  • av6.JPG
    av6.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 171
  • av8.JPG
    av8.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 179
  • av9.JPG
    av9.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 221
  • av10.JPG
    av10.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Nice pics Michelle :) Yes like PDV said it was a day we could see the family very happy and affectionate to each other.

Okay for those who would like to know and be assured that the Grimaldi cousins and aunts indeed interact and spend time as family, please go to the forum on Princess Caroline and family.....There is a thread there on Caro's and Steph's children together.

Perhaps the family followed protocol (if applicable) during the Enthronement activities, perhaps one of the reasons why they weren't seen together or side by side?

Nice tidbit and pics, Michelle! :)
_________
Monica17

Last edited:
was this the enthronement what is the difference with the one comming November

and when was Rainier enthronement and who did he succed was it becouse of a death or was it due to a abdication?

After his grandfather, Louis II died, his mother Charlotte (who lived until the late 1970s) stepped aside so that Rainier could be the ruler. This was in 1949.

There was not as much of a to-do about it at the time aside from "News of the World" newsreels which played before movies. Most places had never heard of Monaco. Rainier's marriage to Grace in 1956 truly put it on the map for a lot of people.

Though it brings to mind an interesting question for me, if Albert got married, had a legitimate son and then died, would his widow be obligated to step aside in favor of their son. Assuming him to be of his majority. There wouldn't need to be a rush to have a male ruler until said ruler was 18 or 21. But would she be constitutionally required or merely pressured to follow tradition?

Ann

Last edited:
Suonymona said:
Though it brings to mind an interesting question for me, if Albert got married, had a legitimate son and then died, would his widow be obligated to step aside in favor of their son. Assuming him to be of his majority. There wouldn't need to be a rush to have a male ruler until said ruler was 18 or 21. But would she be constitutionally required or merely pressured to follow tradition?

Ann
Albert's wife would be his wife and the mother of the child she has no claims. Most likely Caroline would be named regent.

So Caroline would be in the same position as she is now until his (legitimate) son turned 18 or 21 and then he would be enthroned?

Ann

Suonymona said:
So Caroline would be in the same position as she is now until his (legitimate) son turned 18 or 21 and then he would be enthroned?

Ann
I have the Constitution of Monaco saved somewhere an a printed copy let me see what I find.

Thank you Lady M!

I'm going to read through carefully to see if there is an answer to my question. Perhaps it was one that was not thought of--nah.

Ann

Some private pix of the enthronement party in July, provided by my cousin:

ffahs5.jpg
ffak9l.jpg
ffakcy.jpg
ffakid.jpg

(private)

Thanks for those pics Michelle. They are really great. I've found some others at Bruno Press.

flhoyc.jpg
flhq91.jpg
flhqac.jpg
flhqc2.jpg
flhqg4.jpg
flhqhh.jpg
flhqjd.jpg
flhqno.jpg
flhqpu.jpg
flhqub.jpg

Thank you so much for the wonderful picture and for sharing your cousins pictures with us michelle

victoria_89 said:
Thank you so much for the wonderful picture and for sharing your cousins pictures with us michelle

You're welcome :)

tbhrc said:
Yahoo:

Princess Caroline of Monaco's children, from left to right: Pierre Casiraghi, Charlotte Casiraghi and Andrea Casiraghi and her sons-in-law, Prince Ernst-August of Hanover and Christian of Hanover attend a Catholic mass celebrated by Monaco's Archbishop Bernard Barsi at the cathedral, Tuesday, July 12, 2005, in Monaco

Sons-in-law? :) I think they are her step-sons.

I was so upset when my local station did not show Albert II's Investiture. :( I had to watch it on the internet. I live in Florida now. I bet they showed it in my hometown-Philadelphia the late Princess Grace's hometown too. :)

Von Schlesian said:
Best wishes to His Serene Highness Prince Albert II. May he have a long and successfuol reign.

I do agree however that Princess Caroline's sons badly need haircuts! Those styles went out with HM King William IV, and I think just look scruffy, particularly when wearing a smart suit.

Hairstyles like clothes change with the generations and then seem to come back in cycles. For example someone told me that the Gothic look was just an updated version of the Punk Rock look of the 1970's. All the young men in my area wear their hair longish and loose like Andrea. :)

Thank you tbhrc... Camille and her Tonton...that's soooo cute...

michelle said:

I think it's visible here how much Albert is a daddy figure for little Camille. Very sweet how she is 'glued' to her Tonton.

I think it's disturbing, Camille HAS a father! If her father is not around to give her the attention and affection Camile needs/craves then Stepahnie needs to talk to the bum :mad: but I think it's wrong to encourge a child to cling to their uncle like that ! She's not a(his) baby ! is there any sound clip? is she having a tantrum " pllleaeeeese Tonton pick me upppp " i' wannnnt you to pick me up riiiight nooooowwww" ?
If any child should be getting hugs and carried in Albert's arms it's his son Alexandre!
wittykitty:eek:

Thanks for screencaptures, tbhrc! They're great!:) ;)

Wittykitty, you don't have to be so critic about Camille's affection to her uncle! She is only 7 year old girl, and it's nonsense to give her warnings to be restrained when showing her feelings, as for thinking she is "stealing" love dedicated for Alexandre. It's between Prince Albert and Alexandre's mother, Nicole, when and how often he sees Alexandre, and it's definately private thing that happens without photographers or just say, without "media circus". And I'm sure there is enough love in Albert's heart for all of his nieces and nephews and specially for his own child or children that he could have in future.

Lovely and tender pics found at Ebay (probably pages from paris Match):)
i26gwy.jpg

please don't be so upset kitty. if she is very close to her uncle and her mother doesn't mind. then its a good thing, i'm sure princess stephanie loves her children very much and it looks like prince albert does too.
maybe prince albert cant have a close relationship with alex at this point and time, for whatever reason. but a lot things are out of our control and life isnt the way we would want it to be. have a little faith, everything will end up right eventhought it might take some time. when i say all right i mean, prince albert and his son will have a warm close relationship, stephanie's children will grow up heathly and well adjusted adults.
and yes, in my world the sky is a beautiful blue w/o any clouds.

What's wrong with Albert loving and caring for his nieces and nephews, wittykitty??? It's wonderful that he cares so much and stands by his sisters side. That's family-love. The children have daddys and they care very much as well.

i have a question is there some type of walking order for them? outside of the fact that albert would have to walk ahead of every one else, does his sisters have to walk in any type of order?

michelle said:

OMg, you are so right. That is so adorable. The only thing better would have been Caroline cuddling with Camille! Because we never see Caroline cuddling with Steph's kiddos. :( Shoot, maybe Caroline just isn't the cuddling type, but still, it would be lovely to see some "Tatie Caro" moments.
Hey, unrelated......... does anyone happen to know what sort of champagnes and wines were served at Albert's enthronement events, both in July and November? I'd love to know what sort of special wines/champagnes were served for these special events?
Perhaps, Michelle, as your cousin seems to have been there?

Back
Top Bottom